Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Tax Credit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can any one guide me how can i claim Tax credit for the tax deducted by the cellular companies, withholding tax deducted for cash withdrawals and other taxes deducted? My employer is giving me a certificate of the tax deducted, however the taxes which were not deducted my employer are not included. Some one told me that i have to proivde evidence of tax on monthly basis, this i find difficult to digest because i am supposed to file my return before 30 September.

Please can any one help me.
If you are using a post paid connection then you cellular company will issue you a certificate of collection and deduction of tax, on your request. But if you are a pre-paid user than no such certificate will be issued to you. Your banker will also issue a certificate of collection and deduction of tax on your request. Just calculate your tax liability and deduct the amount of tax collection certificate if the resulting figure is in positive deposit this amount with return.

Regars,
Awais Aftab
Thanks but what if the re**** is in negative?

Besides i have heard that for prepaid connections you can get the deduction certificate from the company.

My tax is deducted from my salary on a monthly basis and my employer deposits the tax. Now at the end of the year i would have paid more tax than my actual liability because of the cell phone and withdrawal tax. How can i claim this? Would the FBR refund it to me or can I claim it in the next financial year?

Please also explain how can a private limited company claim the taxes deducted by the bank and telephone and electric companies?
Aoa,
collect the following things & submit to your employer for adjustment if your annual income is less than 500k otherwise(more than 500k) login here to file your annual return & wealth statement.
https//e.fbr.gov.pk/AuthLogin.aspx

1) ask your employer for your Annual Salary, Exempted salary( medical allowance), Annual tax deducted
2) collect tax certificate from bank.
3) collect tax certificate for cellular company (pre & post both)
4) calculate total tax amounts in PTCL & KESC bills.

-imran
You can claim refund in the same tax year and FBR will refund the excess tax after verification. For getting certificate for prepaid connection the process may be some how difficult but you may contact cellular company.

Regards,

Awais Aftab