Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Management Accounting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by awaisaftab</i>
Moreover CMA's (U.K) mostly get membership of ICMAP to enjoy lot of benefits.

CIMA qualifieds cannot give tough time to ICMAPIANS at present.

dont worry about seasonal offer of CIMA.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear Awais,

Do u genuinely think that after qualifying CIMA a person will look for ICMAP rather taking exemptions from other foreign institutes?

In my view, subject is not that CIMA will give tough times to ICMAP or any one else, do you think such a bulk sales of qualifications suits to a internationally recognized body? CIMA is on the footsteps of ACCA and may be seeking highest number of members in the world, eventually it will destroy the quality as well as job market.

Regards,
this is to you kamranaca. CAN YOU PLZ TELL ME ABOUT THE SECONDMENT POLICIES OF AFF AND ALSO ABOUT THE ROTATION.i am an acca affiliate, i got selected in aff as an intern.please guide me.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sherazbohio@hotmail.com</i>
<br />this is to you kamranaca. CAN YOU PLZ TELL ME ABOUT THE SECONDMENT POLICIES OF AFF AND ALSO ABOUT THE ROTATION.i am an acca affiliate, i got selected in aff as an intern.please guide me.

Someone from AFF can guide you on their internal policies. However, I think usually the secondments start after the students achieve a required level of maturity. Secondments are presumablly dependent on how many scondment opportunities arise for the firm during the training tenure of a student. In routine one or two secondments in a given 3 plus years internship are not un-usual.

Regards,

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ciapk</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by awaisaftab</i>
Moreover CMA's (U.K) mostly get membership of ICMAP to enjoy lot of benefits.

CIMA qualifieds cannot give tough time to ICMAPIANS at present.

dont worry about seasonal offer of CIMA.

Dear Awais,

Do u genuinely think that after qualifying CIMA a person will look for ICMAP rather taking exemptions from other foreign institutes?

In my view, subject is not that CIMA will give tough times to ICMAP or any one else, do you think such a bulk sales of qualifications suits to a internationally recognized body? CIMA is on the footsteps of ACCA and may be seeking highest number of members in the world, eventually it will destroy the quality as well as job market.

Regards,

Dear Ciapk

I was talking about those CIMA qualifieds who opt to live in Pakistan even after qualifying CIMA. It was not a general statement about all CIMA students/qualified and this statement was based on my personal observation.

You want to say that after qualifying CIMA a person will look for taking exemptions from other foreign institutes rather ICMAP. Dear, a person who lives in Pakistan can only do efforts to get the membership of only few professional bodies. For instance for a qualified CMA (Both U.K and Pakistan), who lives in pakistan, it is very difficul to get membership of S.M.A Canada or IMA, U.S.A.

Regards,

Awais
Yes bulk sale is in full swing. U can c the hoarding on main shahrea faisal, near FTC, if u live in Karachi )
Assalam-o-Alaikum

Kmaran bhai Transfer Pricing" ka concept jo k management accounting k course mai shamil hai, kia ye "concept Banking sector" mai applicable nai hoga?
Management accounting ka scope nai hai kia Pakitani banking sector main? Management accounting mai sirf costing pe focus rehta hai kia?

Activity based costing ka concept kia banking sector mai nahi chalay ga, ( KIA COST DRIVERS BANKING SECTOR MAI NAHI HOTAY?)

Kia banking sector being a financial institution, only relies on financial accounting?

Ap btaiye plz Banking secotors mai jobs offer hoti hain tou wo kia Management accountant ko bhi consider q kartay hain? sirf CA OR ACCA other relavant qualifications Ko q nai ?

Pakistan less developed country hai tou es ka matlab ye hua k yahan banking sector mai koi cma qualified personnel ko role nai play kar skta ?

Plz Kamran bhai ap explain kijiye ga without being baised.

Regards.

i went to icmap on friday to attend a seminar. during councluding remarks by hanif ajari (VP-ICMAP), he mentioned icap NC has passed resolution against ACCA, denying them any exemptions at all from any course of icap. apparently they have woken up to the reality as acca has recently applied to secp for recognition as the third accounting body in pakistan )
icap is now trying its level best to somehow banish acca from pakistan forever but at this moment their are 40k students enrolled in acca. as a matter of fact they have more members in pakistan than icap and icmap combined )
hanif ajari earlier was of the view that acca members have now reached some very powerful positions in pakistan in the finance sector & some of icap members who got icap membership through the earlier exemption scheme available to acca members (taking just 3 papers on the basis of acca- pass). it would be interesting to know that a long time ago i heard from some icap students that this scheme was introduced by najam chaudhry (ex snr partner- AFF) as his son was doing acca and he wanted him to qualify ca from icap but sweet justice that his son failed to do so....
i think it would be interesting to c in the coming months and years how this 'very late' banishment of acca will effect market value of local bodies i.e. icap and icmap.
on a personal level, i think its ethically wrong as this thing will adversly affect acca students and members, who would have trouble finding a snr position job after next few yrs due to this policy!
laslty it is also rumoured icap NC will also actively urge firm partners not to hire acca trainees for audit purpose!
accounting is a very credible job, the salary is decent and it is attainable. if you are good with number and you know how to conduct a financial statement you should continue in your path towards becoming an accountant, to many people accounting is a blur of number and they dont understand so much how to make an adjusting entry therefore if this comes easy to you then i suggest you continue in this path. getting your CA would also further you in your career,
by the grace of Allah Subhan o Wa Talah, i have qualified, Alhamdolillah )
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />Awais,

I am waiting your post on this topic. Let it be available then I will give you the facts on ground.

No body can say that professionals of whatever field have no worth. Here we have to see the specific areas where CMAs can serve better.

This is your topic so let us know your views.

Regards,

Kamran.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Excel</i>
<br />Assalam-o-Alaikum

Kmaran bhai Transfer Pricing" ka concept jo k management accounting k course mai shamil hai, kia ye "concept Banking sector" mai applicable nai hoga?
Management accounting ka scope nai hai kia Pakitani banking sector main? Management accounting mai sirf costing pe focus rehta hai kia?

Activity based costing ka concept kia banking sector mai nahi chalay ga, ( KIA COST DRIVERS BANKING SECTOR MAI NAHI HOTAY?)

Kia banking sector being a financial institution, only relies on financial accounting?

Ap btaiye plz Banking secotors mai jobs offer hoti hain tou wo kia Management accountant ko bhi consider q kartay hain? sirf CA OR ACCA other relavant qualifications Ko q nai ?

Pakistan less developed country hai tou es ka matlab ye hua k yahan banking sector mai koi cma qualified personnel ko role nai play kar skta ?

Plz Kamran bhai ap explain kijiye ga without being baised.

Regards.

I visited this thread after a long tenure and just came across this post.

Dear Excel,

I guess you have not seen my posts in this thread precisely. I said that every professional carries the worth of what he has learnt and specialized in. After saying this, I asked the thread starter to let us have his findings so that facts on ground can be shared with him in the light of his findings. I know facts on ground would be materially different than the theoretical bookish knowledge.

Everything has a specific backdrop and cannot be understood without focusing on the exact scene. So, my post was also in a specific backdrop which you cannot understand through a plain and exterior reading of the text.

As far as the things which you have written are concerned, these definitely can be (and are being) explored in banking sector world-over. There is nothing new in it. I also no where mentioned that CMAs should not be given jobs in banking sector. Did I? Where?

So, pls don't draw "out of scope" inferences of a specific purposed discussion.

Regards,

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nomanchaudhry</i>
<br />i went to icmap on friday to attend a seminar. during councluding remarks by hanif ajari (VP-ICMAP), he mentioned icap NC has passed resolution against ACCA, denying them any exemptions at all from any course of icap. apparently they have woken up to the reality as acca has recently applied to secp for recognition as the third accounting body in pakistan )
icap is now trying its level best to somehow banish acca from pakistan forever but at this moment their are 40k students enrolled in acca. as a matter of fact they have more members in pakistan than icap and icmap combined )
hanif ajari earlier was of the view that acca members have now reached some very powerful positions in pakistan in the finance sector & some of icap members who got icap membership through the earlier exemption scheme available to acca members (taking just 3 papers on the basis of acca- pass). it would be interesting to know that a long time ago i heard from some icap students that this scheme was introduced by najam chaudhry (ex snr partner- AFF) as his son was doing acca and he wanted him to qualify ca from icap but sweet justice that his son failed to do so....
i think it would be interesting to c in the coming months and years how this 'very late' banishment of acca will effect market value of local bodies i.e. icap and icmap.
on a personal level, i think its ethically wrong as this thing will adversly affect acca students and members, who would have trouble finding a snr position job after next few yrs due to this policy!
laslty it is also rumoured icap NC will also actively urge firm partners not to hire acca trainees for audit purpose!

It is pleasure knowing that ICMAP's VPs are so curious and worried about what ICAP is doing with other bodies. Still, I feel they need to have a more focused approach towards what they should be doing for their students and members. It may help them more.
In ICAP, a single person cannot make any decision or take any step. So, the allegation on any previous president is a hilarious effort by whoever has done so. The sons of a number of CAs can be found doing CIMA, ACCA, CPA or something else, but it does not mean that the ICAP policies are for the benefit of any one specifically. There are standing committees, a number of sub-committees, regional committees and council. The Council is represented by the elected CAs and some high profiled Govt nominees; and decisions are taken through a complete process.

It is extremely good to know that some ACCAs have attained very powerful positions in Pakistan. But where? Can Mr. Hanif Ajari explain? Powerful positions start from Ministers, General Secretaries, Secretaries, heads of key public sector establishments like FBR, SECP, Auditor General, Accountant General, SBP Governor, NBP President, key position holders at top notch entities like NIT, PIA, State Life, Wapda, biggest private sector names in banking, manufacturing, capital market , insurance and other sectors, so on and so forth. Further to it, professionally speaking, powerful positions may be depicted by the list of top level partners of top level professional firms based upon whatever institutes’ qualifications. Can Mr. Ajari explain where he has witnessed the concentration of power which is threatening him and forcing to make such analysis? Perhaps he does not know what powerful in fact means. If someone, having more than one qualification, is at any top level position he must be knowing which qualification made him to attain such level. Is it some hidden fact yet to be explored?

No one has asked any firm to deny trainings to ACCA students. Heaps of such trainees are accommodated every year. So, it would be injurious to spread such rumors without any basis. Issue of exemptions has to be seen in altogether a different perspective. It has nothing to do with what has previously been done and what would be done in future. It is always time specific and finds its roots in more than generally perceived facts.

Regards,

this najam chaudhry story is a very old one and a lot of ppl in AFF karachi know about it as well. Hanif Ajari was not curious, infact this news has been doing rounds in karachi finance circles for the last 6-8 months or so. i also knew about it from some other sources also.
kamran ACA. u dont seem very knowledgeable. i guess ur not in karachi, if ur, then let me know, i'll get u to meet some relevant persons in good positions, it will be benefical for u!
Whoever has said whatever about Najam Ch. carries no meanings, strength and basis. It can be a creation of some perplexed, diverted, back bencher, or at least immature mind. A professional should not think the way that “bala bala have been saying so”. He must analyze the logic, rationale, and likelihood of any such thing in qualitative terms considering the system and procedures in place at an institution or body in question. If a person was so powerful that he could have changed the policies of ICAP for the sake of his son, why he was no so powerful to get his son qualified from the same ICAP at the same time. What a joke is it? If he was able to undo the presence of all committees, council, elected and nominee decision makers, systems in place and established qualitative procedures, why he could not do so just for getting his son qualified in any exam? I wonder why we lose senses while putting allegations on others and why not analyze the situation other way round. It is a ridiculous/shameful analysis from the propagation of which one should abstain his-self at least after considering the facts with a professional brain. The allegation is about a thing that is out of the world of possibilities.

Apart from the fact that anything like this, said about ICAP is in itself devoid of any rationale and basis, this is also absurd to defame an icon of profession, who has served the cause of profession over decades, with a so-called basis that “bala bala have been saying this about him.”

Just to reply, I am at Karachi that is largest business city and am somehow dealing with the genies of industrial and financial circles for last 15 years. By some means I have insight of what is going on at the positions that are, in one way or other, tagged as powerful. I have never witnessed any concentration of power that Mr. Ajari has rumored, since my last 15 plus years market’s general and specific observation. Be it whatever sector.

Still, if some neonate is so knowledgeable and can impart some out of the world exposure, I would take pride to learn from his God gifted” born with” experience. However, silly analysis (which we have seen many a times at this forum) just to make a point may please be avoided.

As far as rumor is concerned, it is baseless and unsupported by the facts on ground. Anyone who thinks I am wrong should visit all the renowned firms of Karachi and inquire how many ACCAs have been inducted in the last batch of interviews. He will find the answer that there has been no indication of any reduction of ACCAs in the firms. The ones who do not even know the alphabets of what is going on in the professional firms should please avoid giving conclusive remarks, be it Ajari or whoever else. I said it would be injurious for the new comers to the profession.

Regards,
tsk. u know nothing. khair ignorance is a bliss. be sure to remind urself of this. i m sure u didnt do articles from AFF else u would've known this long ago OR maybe u did from AFF and worked in the same section as najam chaudhry's....)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6