Accountancy Forum

Full Version: This is for those who are migrating to Canada
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Hi Maqsood

Thanks for your reply. What is your opinion about buying a house on mortgage if one has capacity to invest 40 to 50 percent of the cost. You know the payments made to banks as mortgage rental are better than paying just rent. Is it possible to buy house on mortgage in first year or i have to build the credit history first.

M.Rizwan
Hi Rizwan,

Buying property is always advisable. It is a long term asset. You don't need to have credit history to buy a house on maortgage. But the demerit is that you might have to pay a bit higher interest rate, if you don't have credit history. If you pay 40% to 50% down payment, many mortgage companies would like to offer you good interest rate.

Regards,

Dear,

How much salary range in Kuwait?
How can I apply for job in Kuwait?
Is it possible to go with family?
I am a student of ICMAP Stage 4?

Thanks if you reply me.

Hi Shani,

I just try to guide my junior on the basis of my best knowledge. I am really glad to hear that you are about to qualify ACCA. I pray for your success. Now I try to answer your question one by one

1) I think it should fetch 22 point since (I am not sure) it is not equal to a master degree. ACCA will help you a lot in your immigration process.
2) Yes, internship is considered experience if you can proof that it was paid.
3) I have no idea about the cost of joining CGA under MRA. My rough idea is $2,000.00. You better write to CGA Ontario for clarification.
4) Again, I have never lived in Australia so I can’t compare Australia with Canada. It is a matter of luck. However, I live in Canada and I know that there are ample opportunities here in Canada without discrimination.

Best of luck,

Thanks maqszaman for ur reply.I have a question.Do u know how many credit hours can ACCA qualification fetch?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shani420</i>
<br />Thanks maqszaman for ur reply.I have a question.Do u know how many credit hours can ACCA qualification fetch?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
I have one question on CPA-USA from Canadian job market point of view. Most of the vacancies currently posted on different job sites in Canada are asking for CA/CMA/CGA. So being an ACA from Pakistan ,migrating to Canada soon,which qualification to go for; for enhancing chances of getting a reasonable job within shortest possible time.

Thank you and best wishes,

ZK

hello dear friends,
i want to know how a new immigrant who is a ACCA member and CGA student can set a small practice in canada.
can he succed? how much can he expect in the biginning?
Thanks for your reply.
Hi Everyone,

An important thing that I missed during this entire discussion is that don't forget bringing you Driver's License while you are coming to Canada. This will help you getting your driver's license here.

Regards,
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by zaikhan</i>
<br />I have one question on CPA-USA from Canadian job market point of view. Most of the vacancies currently posted on different job sites in Canada are asking for CA/CMA/CGA. So being an ACA from Pakistan ,migrating to Canada soon,which qualification to go for; for enhancing chances of getting a reasonable job within shortest possible time.

Thank you and best wishes,

ZK

Yes, CPA is acceptable in Govt. and private jobs in Canada. People can have different opinions but personally speaking I prefer CPA as it provides access in 2 markets i.e. USA and Canada. However, going to USA for CPA exams can be little difficult for someone in first year in Canada (without establishing residency here) if that person has not already been to USA before.

Regards

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by alexisnar6</i>
<br />hello dear friends,
i want to know how a new immigrant who is a ACCA member and CGA student can set a small practice in canada.
can he succed? how much can he expect in the biginning?
Thanks for your reply.

Anyone can start small accounting services business in Canada, not only ACCA or CGA etc.

Earning depends upon luck, hard to quantify future events.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by maqszaman</i>
<br />By Maqsood Khan
Toronto, Canada

Hi every one,

I have been receiving various questions from my fellow members of ICMAP. Most of these questions are of similar nature.
1- Which is the best time to come to Canada?
2- Which is the best city to live?
3- How much are living expenditure?
4- How is Climate?
5- What I should bring with me while coming to Canada?
6- What I should do (Education wise) before coming to Canada?
7- What professional designations are in Canada and which is better for CMAs of Pakistan?
8- How is the job market for CMAs of Pakistan in Canada?
9- What level of job I will get when I come to Canada?
10- What are salary ranges?
11- How should I start searching my first job?
12- Other tips.

Dear Maqsood
My question is a bit different although similar in nature.

I've completed B.com (private) then one year PGD in Stats and then M.com (17 yrs of education) from HEC recognised institution..Will it help to migrate or help me to get 22 marks for education?

One more thing.Is there any significance of simple M.com in canada for the jobs of Accountants and related fields?
Kindly guide.
Dear bob02

You just have deleted other thread where my reply was following.

Following forum/ thread can be much helpful for your case and evaluation. Ask your question there on immigration from Pakistan thread. Click on CHC Islamabad applicants thread.

http//www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5&PN=312&title=for-chc-islamabad-applicants

In my view, I think you have enough qualification for required points.

Yes, you can apply for jobs in accounting and related fields. Rest is your luck. Recently, I met with a person (with Punjab University MCom) who is working in internal audit department in one of the biggest commercial bank here. I know another person who is also working in bank with Karachi University's MCom.

So, don't worry, its all your efforts and luck. You have enough qualification for immigration and later for finding relevant jobs.

I hope Maqsood Bhai would not mind and would guide you further.

Best Wishes

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Toronto_Boy</i>
<br />Dear bob02

You just have deleted other thread where my reply was following.

Ask your question at following forum and immigration from Pakistan thread. Click on CHC Islamabad applicants thread.

http//www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5&PN=312&title=for-chc-islamabad-applicants

In my view, I think you have enough qualification for required points.

Yes, you can apply for jobs in accounting and related fields. Rest is your luck. Recently, I met with a person (with Punjab University MCom) who is working in internal audit department in one of the biggest commercial bank here. I know another person who is also working in bank with Karachi University's MCom.

So, don't worry, its all your efforts and luck. You have enough qualification for immigration and later for finding relevant jobs.

Best Wishes

Dear Toronto boy
Thank you very much for your encouragement and help.I wanted to post my question to Mr.Khan who seem to be answering most of the technical queries,therefore I thought to delete my topic and post it with the quote.But I think I should have left it..after all there would be many more Pakis with M.com than with Pro-accountancy quals.

Regrds
By the way, is Sajidin sahib still head of dept. there?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11