Accountancy Forum

Full Version: This is for those who are migrating to Canada
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Toronto_Boy</i>
<br />By the way, is Sajidin sahib still head of dept. there?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
if your asking me then I would say that i dunno cause I did my M.com from Federal urdu uni.Gulshan campus whose head of Dept. is Mr.Masood mashkor.I did my Post graduate diploma (PGD) in stats from the K.U.

Is it true that Quals gained through private studies(not regular)are NOT considered as years of studies,hence,does'nt give you points for the years ofeducation??
I was wondering if my Private B.com will give me points for two years of regular studies?? I've heard it..I'm not sure about it and was willing to ask it.
Is there any way to get informed into the inbox about the replies to the posts made to this forum?
Dear bob02

He was head of commerce dept. in KU sometimes back. Anyways... Is economics dept also at gulshan campus (of urdu university) or at baba-e-urdu road (behind Civil hospital)?

I am not sure of regular vs private studies issue. Please check at the forum I linked above.

Regards
Hi,

I am sorry that I could not respond to questions on this forum and I thank Toronto Boy for taking care of. Although Toronto Boy who is more informed than me, has replied to the questions properly but I would add my view.

@ Zaikhan Please note that most CMAs and CAs from Pakistan go for CPA because they can do it faster than CGA and it is cost effective. After CPA they have to write three challenge exams of CGA and get a Canadian designation. This way, they get two accounting designation, which adds value to them. The bad part is this it is difficult for new Pakistani immigrants to get US visa in the first year particularly in the current situation.

@ alexisnar6 If you are an ACCA you will get membership of CGA because they have an MRA. You don’t need to be student of CGA. You can start your practice in Canada but the question that how successful you will be is unpredictable. First it depends upon your luck and then how social contacts you have. Be careful that people in Canada are very conservative and they even don’t share the information what is very causal in Pakistan. In this situation practicing as CGA requires a bit more struggle.

@Bob02 As far as my experience and observation is concerned M. Com gets more point than even CMAs. It is discretion of the immigration office but generally M.Com gets 22 points for education.

M. Com will have the same job opportunities as any CA/CMA from Pakistan. You have to start from scratch. If you work hard and get some Canadian designation you will flourish faster.

No matter you are a regular or private candidate, you will get your full education points, as long as you did it from an accredited university/institution. Don’t worry.

Regards,
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Toronto_Boy</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by zaikhan</i>
<br />I have one question on CPA-USA from Canadian job market point of view. Most of the vacancies currently posted on different job sites in Canada are asking for CA/CMA/CGA. So being an ACA from Pakistan ,migrating to Canada soon,which qualification to go for; for enhancing chances of getting a reasonable job within shortest possible time.

Thank you and best wishes,

ZK

Yes, CPA is acceptable in Govt. and private jobs in Canada. People can have different opinions but personally speaking I prefer CPA as it provides access in 2 markets i.e. USA and Canada. However, going to USA for CPA exams can be little difficult for someone in first year in Canada (without establishing residency here) if that person has not already been to USA before.

Regards

Thank you very much sir.

Best regards and thank you
ZK/

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by maqszaman</i>
<br />Hi,

I am sorry that I could not respond to questions on this forum and I thank Toronto Boy for taking care of. Although Toronto Boy who is more informed than me, has replied to the questions properly but I would add my view.

@ Zaikhan Please note that most CMAs and CAs from Pakistan go for CPA because they can do it faster than CGA and it is cost effective. After CPA they have to write three challenge exams of CGA and get a Canadian designation. This way, they get two accounting designation, which adds value to them. The bad part is this it is difficult for new Pakistani immigrants to get US visa in the first year particularly in the current situation.

@ alexisnar6 If you are an ACCA you will get membership of CGA because they have an MRA. You don’t need to be student of CGA. You can start your practice in Canada but the question that how successful you will be is unpredictable. First it depends upon your luck and then how social contacts you have. Be careful that people in Canada are very conservative and they even don’t share the information what is very causal in Pakistan. In this situation practicing as CGA requires a bit more struggle.

@Bob02 As far as my experience and observation is concerned M. Com gets more point than even CMAs. It is discretion of the immigration office but generally M.Com gets 22 points for education.

M. Com will have the same job opportunities as any CA/CMA from Pakistan. You have to start from scratch. If you work hard and get some Canadian designation you will flourish faster.

No matter you are a regular or private candidate, you will get your full education points, as long as you did it from an accredited university/institution. Don’t worry.

Regards,

Thank you very much Sir.

Best regards and thank you
ZK/

Thanks Toronto_Boy, for sharing the link.

I was too busy in my work and in particular immigration forum , and that was the reason for my absent from this wonderful place.

Although its not a very good excuse , but after some time I realized that its very hard to justify with two forums as both require full time attention and response.

And also after quitting of Kamran and blocking of some threads my interest was shifted their.

I really appreciate your work here and hope that it will continue like this. I learned a lot from you and many times posted your comments their for others to read and gain knowledge.

Best Regards

<br />Dear bob02

You just have deleted other thread where my reply was following.

Following forum/ thread can be much helpful for your case and evaluation. Ask your question there on immigration from Pakistan thread. Click on CHC Islamabad applicants thread.

http//www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5&PN=312&title=for-chc-islamabad-applicants

In my view, I think you have enough qualification for required points.

Yes, you can apply for jobs in accounting and related fields. Rest is your luck. Recently, I met with a person (with Punjab University MCom) who is working in internal audit department in one of the biggest commercial bank here. I know another person who is also working in bank with Karachi University's MCom.

So, don't worry, its all your efforts and luck. You have enough qualification for immigration and later for finding relevant jobs.

I hope Maqsood Bhai would not mind and would guide you further.

Best Wishes

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by maqszaman</i>
<br />Hi,

@Bob02 As far as my experience and observation is concerned M. Com gets more point than even CMAs. It is discretion of the immigration....
Regards,

<b></b><u></u><b>Just a clarification</b><u></u><b></b>

ACMA's are considered as masters with 17 years study and get 25 Points for immigration where as M.Com has 16 years study and get 22 Points. This is my personal experience.

regards

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MRS</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by maqszaman</i>
<br />Hi,

@Bob02 As far as my experience and observation is concerned M. Com gets more point than even CMAs. It is discretion of the immigration....
Regards,

ACMA's are considered as masters with 17 years study and get 25 Points for immigration where as M.Com has 16 years study and get 22 Points. This is my personal experience.

regards

So, perhaps bob02 can get 25 points too, due to 1 year PGD, in addition to 16 years MCom and total 17 years of schooling. But I am not sure of, you guys can suggest better.
Dear sumairalam

Accept my congratulation. March is going to be very important month.

Sending you PM.

Regards
Dear Friends,
First of all I would like to thank all of you for sharing such a valuable information. Its really really making a difference.
The question I want to put for which i am little bit confused is about being as an ACMA (PAk) how much points i can get.
The max eduction point criteria which CIC laid down is master degree and 17 year education. So my case is

B.Sc 14 Year<font face="Tahoma"></font id="Tahoma">
ACMA equal to master 3 year
================================
Master degree and 17 year education.

Does the above proposition will fetch 25 points. if not how much points can we get as an ACMA.
regards

[quote]<i>Originally posted by Toronto_Boy</i>
<br />Dear bob02

... Is economics dept also at gulshan campus (of urdu university) or at baba-e-urdu road (behind Civil hospital)?

[/quote
Both,Gulshan campus offers evening classes 6pm to 9pm.Main campus offers morning
<br />Hi,

Thank you sir
The people at Sun consultants have mentioned that CIC does not award points for the quals. that were gained through private education.Its unrelated to the quals gained from HEC recognised institution.
There is no such official information from CIC in this regards.I personally dont know people with private quals and whether they were awarded or not points for that.I guess I should post a new topic in that relation.
<i>Originally posted by MRS</i>

<b><i>ACMA's are considered as masters with 17 years study and get 25 Points for immigration where as M.Com has 16 years study and get 22 Points. This is my personal experience.
</i></b>

Thank you for your thoughts MRS.
DO you know the immigration laws for education assessment? OR do you have the knowledge gained from other people's cases?
You are correct,16 yrs(M.com) = 22 points..BUT
Can an additional one year P.G.D will result in 25 points?
Is it true that 'Private education' is not awarded points?
Private education= F.A private,B.Com private,M.A private etc
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Trueman</i>
<br />Dear Friends,
First of all I would like to thank all of you for sharing such a valuable information. Its really really making a difference.
The question I want to put for which i am little bit confused is about being as an ACMA (PAk) how much points i can get.
The max eduction point criteria which CIC laid down is master degree and 17 year education. So my case is

B.Sc 14 Year<font face="Tahoma"></font id="Tahoma">
ACMA equal to master 3 year
================================
Master degree and 17 year education.

Does the above proposition will fetch 25 points. if not how much points can we get as an ACMA.
regards

Dear I have already clarified that ACMA’s are entitled to get 25 points. I have got immigration in August 2009 and I was awarded 25 points for education.
You need to get equivalency certificate from HEC to support your claim of being masters and secondly you should attach a Letter of good standing from ICMAP members department to support that ICMAP is equal to 17 years education.

Regards
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bob02</i>
<br /><i>Originally posted by MRS</i>

<b><i>ACMA's are considered as masters with 17 years study and get 25 Points for immigration where as M.Com has 16 years study and get 22 Points. This is my personal experience.
</i></b>

Thank you for your thoughts MRS.
DO you know the immigration laws for education assessment? OR do you have the knowledge gained from other people's cases?
You are correct,16 yrs(M.com) = 22 points..BUT
Can an additional one year P.G.D will result in 25 points?
Is it true that 'Private education' is not awarded points?
Private education= F.A private,B.Com private,M.A private etc

Dear answers to your queries are
1- I am not a immigration consultant or a lawyer what ever i stated is my personal experience.
2- Yes Master plus one year PGD will qualify for 17 years education and i know few cases which got through on the same lines but its up to the immigration officer whether he/she consider your PGD as recognized education for immigration and you need to support your case with maximum documents.
3- I have also got this information that private education is not considered by immigration officer for awarding points but have no confirmed and verified information on this subject.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11