Accountancy Forum

Full Version: This is for those who are migrating to Canada
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I assume that your programme is not conventional full time regular program but it is evening program design for employees but you can claim points. All you need is to prove that courses ( credit hours) in your program is same or equal to the courses ( credit hours) in regular program.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bob02</i>
This is interesting..I studied 2 hrs a day,5 days a week for 1 yr for my PGD at K.U.which is equal to 10 hrs per week for a year..that means I'm short of 5 hrs a week in study...which further means that..My PGD is NOT equal to a one year programme from immig.point of view and will not get me points unless I replenish it with further studies...hmmm!!!![(!]...any idea[?]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Hi mera sawal CGA k bare main hai.
CGA's MRA with ACCA is for full members but what would be the status of ACCA affiliates?I know that a Canadian law course is required but what next?Kia experience partially (kuch Pak main aur kuch canada main) Canada main complete ker sakte hain ya nahin if one get immigration?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sumairalam</i>
<br /><i>I assume that your programme is not conventional full time regular program but it is evening program design for employees but you can claim points. All you need is to prove that courses ( credit hours) in your program is same or equal to the courses ( credit hours) in regular program. </i>
You are correct its an evening programme..but..evening programme does not mean that its short.The same programme offered in the morning has a similar duration of studies in terms of hours.Students who don't get admitted to morning then go to evening programme.
Why have you pointed out credit hrs?are you saying that evaluation is made on Credit hrs rather than hrs studied per week?

Evaluation is not based on credit hours but if you want to claim points you need to prove that both programs morning and evening are same.

How you prove that it is up to you , one solution is obtain letter from HEC that both program are same and equal.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bob02</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sumairalam</i>
<br /><i>I assume that your programme is not conventional full time regular program but it is evening program design for employees but you can claim points. All you need is to prove that courses ( credit hours) in your program is same or equal to the courses ( credit hours) in regular program. </i>
You are correct its an evening programme..but..evening programme does not mean that its short.The same programme offered in the morning has a similar duration of studies in terms of hours.Students who don't get admitted to morning then go to evening programme.
Why have you pointed out credit hrs?are you saying that evaluation is made on Credit hrs rather than hrs studied per week?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shani420</i>
<br />Hi mera sawal CGA k bare main hai.
CGA's MRA with ACCA is for full members but what would be the status of ACCA affiliates?I know that a Canadian law course is required but what next?Kia experience partially (kuch Pak main aur kuch canada main) Canada main complete ker sakte hain ya nahin if one get immigration?

Affiliates would have to wait till they become ACCA member and then they can get CGA through MRA. I think ACCA should not have problem in accepting experience in Pakistan and Canada, as it is available in both countries and requires number of years of experience only. However, its better you confirm it directly with ACCA.

One very important thing I wanna let students and affiliates of ACCA who are potential immigrants of Canada know that DO NOT go to CGA for enrollment here if your status is also student or affiliate of ACCA. Because with enrollment with CGA you would become student of CGA, and there is a very specific term in MRA between CGA and ACCA that this MRA is NOT for those who were previous students of CGA and became ACCA member later and then try to get CGA's membership. In that specific case CGA does not allow its membership to ACCA members if they were also students of CGA too.

So, in essence, DO NOT get CGA enrollment till you become ACCA member, otherwise CGA would NOT allow you its membership basis of MRA, and you would have to complete leftover courses of CGA.

I hope it helps.

Regards
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sumairalam</i>
<br />
<i>if you want to claim points you need to prove that both programs morning and evening are same.

one solution is obtain letter from HEC that both program are same and equal.</i>
Does morning or evening program matters from immig. point of view?
What about getting a letter from head of the Dept. or a V.C ?
bob02 will become a consultant very soon.

<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sumairalam</i>
<br />
<i>if you want to claim points you need to prove that both programs morning and evening are same.

one solution is obtain letter from HEC that both program are same and equal.</i>
Does morning or evening program matters from immig. point of view?
What about getting a letter from head of the Dept. or a V.C ?
<br /><font size="2"><i><b>bob02 will become a consultant very soon.</b></i></font id="size2">
I would love to if it helps to clear my immig.[8D]..its interesting to see how Law changes faces with respect to varying circumstances..showing the common perception of difference between a text book and real life..very interesting indeed!!
<font size="1"><b><font size="2">Is experience gained<b> before</b> a qualification accepted from immig.point of view?</font id="size1"> <font size="1">My question is not limited to pro.accountancy qualifications.</font id="size2"></b></font id="size1">

Bob02 i request you to first at least go through the CIC website for Canadian immigration before putting immigration questions 90% of your queries will be resolved.

Canadian immigration requires atleast continuous one year full time paid work experience in any of the 38 occupants list during last 10 years.

It doesnot matter it is after or before qualification.

<br /><font size="1"><b><font size="2">Is experience gained<b> before</b> a qualification accepted from immig.point of view?</font id="size1"> <font size="1">My question is not limited to pro.accountancy qualifications.</font id="size2"></b></font id="size1">
<br />
<i>Canadian immigration requires atleast continuous one year full time paid work experience It doesnot matter it is after or before qualification.</i>
You may be amazed to see that I've been studying cic.gc.ca for the past <font size="3"><b>8 yrs</b></font id="size3"> but could not find answers to my unique questions.
You are the first person implying pre- qualification experience as being accepted..no one has ever said that..no one.
Have you observed it personally?
<font size="2"><b> TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

A one year post graduate diploma (PGD) is NOT accepted by the CIC</b></font id="size2">
<font size="1"><b>Reference
SUN consultants</b></font id="size1">

For Lat 8 years but for what? are you immigrant consultant?

Answer for your second post is CHC recognized PGD if taken from HEC recognized Institutes.

<br />
<i>Canadian immigration requires atleast continuous one year full time paid work experience It doesnot matter it is after or before qualification.</i>
You may be amazed to see that I've been studying cic.gc.ca for the past <font size="3"><b>8 yrs</b></font id="size3"> but could not find answers to my unique questions.
You are the first person implying pre- qualification experience as being accepted..no one has ever said that..no one.
Have you observed it personally?
<br />
<i>For Lat 8 years but for what? are you immigrant consultant?</i>
NO..just to know immig...but later realized that its not costomized.

<b><i>.....CHC recognized PGD if taken from HEC recognized Institutes.</i></b>
The people at SUN told me that its not but did not tell me why, they were reluctant to disclose further technical info.Thats why I'm bothering you guys and my self through internet.Its important to me cause I need to join my brother in Toronto.I must know what I lack in terms of education and experience.Another consultant asked $500 just to tell me about what I lack or not for NOC-1111..thats absurd!
Have you seen any one practically getting points for PGD? if yes than I'll take your words as effective.[^]
Dear bob02,
U have done ur PGD for whic entry requirement is a 2 years bachelor degree and u have done ur master degree for which entry requirement is also 2 years bachelor hence ur PGD and ur masters degree r at parallel level so they don't deserve points.
In Pakistan 2 types of graduate edu is going on.
1)4 years bachelor and then 1/2 year masters
2)2 year bachelors then 2 year master and then 2 odd year Mphil
if someone has done an mba(after 2 year bcom) and mcom(after 2 year bcom) concurrently to this would be 16 years edu not 18 years as this is parallel.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11