Accountancy Forum

Full Version: This is for those who are migrating to Canada
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
bob02 you know the exact place to discuss it , so be their all your queries will be resolved by experts.
Good to see you their.

Best Regards

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bob02</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sumairalam</i>
<br />
<i>For Lat 8 years but for what? are you immigrant consultant?</i>
NO..just to know immig...but later realized that its not costomized.

<b><i>.....CHC recognized PGD if taken from HEC recognized Institutes.</i></b>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
The people at SUN told me that its not but did not tell me why, they were reluctant to disclose further technical info.Thats why I'm bothering you guys and my self through internet.Its important to me cause I need to join my brother in Toronto.I must know what I lack in terms of education and experience.Another consultant asked $500 just to tell me about what I lack or not for NOC-1111..thats absurd!
Have you seen any one practically getting points for PGD? if yes than I'll take your words as effective.[^]
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shani420</i>
<br />Dear bob02,
<i>ur PGD and ur masters degree r at parallel level so they don't deserve points.</i>
ummm!!!!this is making some sense...good reply..so I better not mention my pgd..thanks[)]
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sumairalam</i>
<br /><b><i>bob02 you know the exact place to discuss it , so be their all your queries will be resolved by experts.</i></b>
When I tried to post their..a warning message appeared saying that this forum is dead for >120 days.I still contacted few of the contributors but got mixed reply.
Remembering my communication classes where the significance of effective communication was taught..perhaps official at CIC need to revise their communication lessons...if they have studied any[?]
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bob02</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sumairalam</i>
<br /><b><i>bob02 you know the exact place to discuss it , so be their all your queries will be resolved by experts.</i></b>
When I tried to post their..a warning message appeared saying that this forum is dead for >120 days.

I think, I and sumair both suggested following forum. Click on "for CHC Islamabad applicants" thread.

http//www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5&PN=397&title=for-chc-islamabad-applicants

http//www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=1&title=skilled-worker-independent-immigration

I can see much traffic on that thread. Did you try there?

Regards
go to www.immigration.ca
than

English

than on top right
discussion forum

than

click here to be redirected to our new Discussion Forum

than

Forum
Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration

Than
FOR CHC ISLAMABAD APPLICANTS

Register ur self and be a younger member of a lovely family.

When I tried to post their..a warning message appeared saying that this forum is dead for >120 days.I still contacted few of the contributors but got mixed reply.
Remembering my communication classes where the significance of effective communication was taught..perhaps official at CIC need to revise their communication lessons...if they have studied any[?]
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Toronto_Boy</i>
<b><i>I think, I and sumair both suggested following forum. Click on "for CHC Islamabad applicants" thread.
I can see much traffic on that thread. Did you try there?</i></b>
Yes..I did..but the stuff is pretty extensive,long and there is no search system specific to it.
Apart from that..its very useful..I guess I need to spend some time outta there
Hi all,

Been reading this forum for three years now and it has helped me for nearly all the problems i held about different things.one question i need to post is that i have recently done my ACCA. how many points does the Acca qualification get? and do i require HEC equivalency for it? and secondly if i become an acca member and then apply for the CGA membership from Pakistan will that get me points in the immigration?
Hey,

Im a Canadian citizen living in Pakistan for the past few years. I have done my high school from Canada and about a year of studies as a management major at the University of Toronto. Due to some family problems I had to move back to Pakistan and after arriving here I decided to join ACCA. Now Im in my professional module and am planning my escape back to Mississauga as soon as possible. I dont have any work experience yet and am planning to start applying this year. So my questions are

1. What kind of companies/firms should I be applying to in order to avoid the whole canadian experience issue?

2. What is the deal with the MRA between CGA n ACCA? Is it valid only until December 2011?

I have given myself a deadline of 3 more years so in about 2012 I should be back in Canada. Im 22 and am willing to work hard and most of all I love Canada even when its a -25 ka windchill and the GO is late and I cant feel my fingers anymore so the obsession to go back and make something out of myself is there.

I would value your suggestions and advice immensely

Plz help

You should be applying in manager/supervisory post related to financial managers or auditors, whatever company be it. If you wish to apply in the financial auditors category then the job experience should have been obtained(preferably) from an audit firm
The MRA between ACCA and CGA allows the members of the each body to allow to obtain the membership of the other body by fulfilling certain requirements. The initial terms of the agreement are 5years, commencing from 1 january 2007
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Toronto_Boy</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shani420</i>
<br />Hi mera sawal CGA k bare main hai.
CGA's MRA with ACCA is for full members but what would be the status of ACCA affiliates?I know that a Canadian law course is required but what next?Kia experience partially (kuch Pak main aur kuch canada main) Canada main complete ker sakte hain ya nahin if one get immigration?

Affiliates would have to wait till they become ACCA member and then they can get CGA through MRA. I think ACCA should not have problem in accepting experience in Pakistan and Canada, as it is available in both countries and requires number of years of experience only. However, its better you confirm it directly with ACCA.

One very important thing I wanna let students and affiliates of ACCA who are potential immigrants of Canada know that DO NOT go to CGA for enrollment here if your status is also student or affiliate of ACCA. Because with enrollment with CGA you would become student of CGA, and there is a very specific term in MRA between CGA and ACCA that this MRA is NOT for those who were previous students of CGA and became ACCA member later and then try to get CGA's membership. In that specific case CGA does not allow its membership to ACCA members if they were also students of CGA too.

So, in essence, DO NOT get CGA enrollment till you become ACCA member, otherwise CGA would NOT allow you its membership basis of MRA, and you would have to complete leftover courses of CGA.

I hope it helps.

Regards
dear a.shahab,
as u stated that u don't have any experience so wait until u become a full ACCA member and then apply to CGA for membership.Getting a job on the basis of part qualified ACCA and without experience would be rather difficult.Canadian qualifications and Canadian experience r two prefered attributes that u currently lack.But as u r a national , u can go there and compete for jobs.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br />... If you wish to apply in the financial auditors category then the job experience should have been obtained(preferably) from an audit firm

Dard

Seems like you want a CITIZEN apply for immigration.

Regards
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br />... If you wish to apply in the financial auditors category then the job experience should have been obtained(preferably) from an audit firm

Dard

Seems like you want a CITIZEN apply for immigration.

Regards
lol, i forgot he is already a citizen
You could apply under federal skilled workers category under financial accountants
I have passed CA (PE1) from ICAP, Karachi. Can some one counsel me what to do next to obtain professional qualification in Canada. I have applied for immigration and my application is approved by Cen Intake Office. i shall be greatful for options. thanks
Dear Mr. Hasnain

You may ask Canadian immigration related questions at the following thread. Find "For CHC Islamabad applicants" thread.
http//www.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5&PN=562&title=for-chc-islamabad-applicants

For qualifications in Canada, following thread may help.

http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6286&whichpage=6

Regards
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11