Accountancy Forum

Full Version: not e-filing tax return & submiting w. statement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Friends,

Please tell me what happens
1. when some employee whose tax on salary is already deducted and submitted by his employer but he/she does not files (or e-files) his/her tax return?
2. when the same employee does not submits his/her wealth statement?

Please consider that the employee's salary exceeds the minimum taxable earning set by fbr for wealth statment.

Regards,

Asim
Dear Asim,

Section 182(1) deals with both of your similitude queries, which states that "Any person who, without reasonable excuse, fails to furnish return of income or a wealth statement for any tax year, shall be liable for a penalty equal to one-tenth of one per cent of the tax payable for each day of default subject to a minimum penalty of five hundred rupees and a maximum penalty of twenty-five per cent of the tax payable in respect of that tax year"

Furthermore, as per section 191(2), If a person convicted of an offence with regards to the same act i.e. failure to file return of income or a wealth statement after further time period allowed has been passed away, such person shall commit a further offence punishable on conviction with a fine <b>not exceeding fifty thousand*</b> rupees or imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years, or both.

<b>*Added by finance act 2009</b>, before which, amount was not specified.

Regards,
Thanks for ur Info my Dear Faisal.Its time to deduct & submit the same to Govt.In dear days it is very easy to every one
------------------------------------------------------------------
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by faisal_desperado</i>
<br />Dear Asim,

Section 182(1) deals with both of your similitude queries, which states that "Any person who, without reasonable excuse, fails to furnish return of income or a wealth statement for any tax year, shall be liable for a penalty equal to one-tenth of one per cent of the tax payable for each day of default subject to a minimum penalty of five hundred rupees and a maximum penalty of twenty-five per cent of the tax payable in respect of that tax year"

Furthermore, as per section 191(2), If a person convicted of an offence with regards to the same act i.e. failure to file return of income or a wealth statement after further time period allowed has been passed away, such person shall commit a further offence punishable on conviction with a fine <b>not exceeding fifty thousand*</b> rupees or imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years, or both.

<b>*Added by finance act 2009</b>, before which, amount was not specified.

Regards,
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">