Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Certified Internal Audit (CIA)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi friends

I would like to appear for CIA part 1 exam in couple of month, But despite my effort I could not find a place from where I can purchase the CIA part 1 14th edition book, I have checked all majors book shops in Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad 14th edition is not available even it is not available with local chapters, Please inform me from where I can purchase this book or If some one have this book in soft please e-mail me or if they want to sell book with software I am ready to purchase thanks

my email is kamran_shahzad47@hotmail.com
14th edition is available with Waheed Book Store, Lahore and also available at Gleim's website
Thanks Schuaeb

I have contacted with Waheed Book, he has 13th edition book with no MCQs, second I have also contacted with Gleims he told it will take atlease 15 to 30 days to ship in pakistan and the shipping cost is very high. I am appearing in August 2010 and very few time left.
what is the benefit of CIA for a CA finalist??
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bizmen</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by zulfi721</i>
<br />can any body guide me from where i can download "Internal auditing standards latest updated till 2010" issued by IIA
further also guide me from where i can get the gleim practice software of CIA in pakistan or on web
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hi Zulfi

You can download 'Internal Auditing Standards' from the web site of the Institute of Internal Auditors i.e. http//www.theiia.org

For software and practice material, kindly contact your local CIA chapter. You can get photocopy of the Gleims books from CIA local chapter in Pakistan. You can also get a copy of the software from there as direct purchase from Gleim will be costly for you. Alternatively, you can get a copy of the software from a friend.

Regards,

Brother i contacted the local chapter and they are selling Gleim 13th edition not the 14th edition.....
as far as the international professional practice framework is concerned i m not being able to download it from the website of IIA coz they ask it to purchase and it is quite expensive.....is there any alterative
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shahzad47</i>
<br />Thanks Schuaeb

I have contacted with Waheed Book, he has 13th edition book with no MCQs, second I have also contacted with Gleims he told it will take atlease 15 to 30 days to ship in pakistan and the shipping cost is very high. I am appearing in August 2010 and very few time left.

can u tell us what is the cost of part -1 book at waheed....
i visited CIA today....they also have 13th edition of book for 750 per paper..the software cost is 800 (which contains material for all 4 )
Dear brothers

Gliem's 13th ed. is more than enough to pass. But you should have 13th ed. MCQs either in the book or in software form. Book covers all PPF and advisories, at-least to pass the exam, so don't wory and prepare from Gliem's 13th ed. book/ software.

14th ed. main internal auditing nahi badal gai hay aur naa-hi koi khas changes hain. Baqi aapki marzi hay.

Best of Luck to all of you.
@Zulfi721 Cost of Part1 book is round about 300. If you want to purchase orginal book then it cost is $20 but you will must purchase software with it which cost is $50, so you will have to pay $70. Unfortunately Part 1 book is out of stock with Local Chapter.

@Toronto_Boy thanks for your best wishes and information, main issue is that the 14th adition contents about control 2 chapter is different from the 13th edition, I am just worried that either only the name of chapter is change or other text is also change.

I am already studying from Gliems 13th edition book and software and also Hock 2008 software. The main reason was my post was that if some one have purchased this book and passed and now want to sell i will purchase. Any how I have given my e-mail if any want to sell the book contact with me.

Kind Regards
@noman you have visited the CIA web site? and the cost 750 per paper and 800 software its pak rupee? As I contact the Gliems and Karachi Local chapter they told both cost is $70 equal to Rs.6000, but Part 1 book is out of stock with local chapter and only software is available which cost is $50 equal to Rs. 4050 and the software can be install with only two computers.
Dear shahzad

Compare IIA's learning outcomes or study objectives which you may get from IIA's website (if I am not wrong). OR these are also available in Gliems books of 13th ed. where they compare study objectives with various chapters' topics. Compare those with new version or with those two chapters you are refering. Most likely, it would only be re-arangement of topics.

By the way, your name reminds me of a person who is currently serving as Deputy Governor SBP. Cheers....

Best Wishes

One can export (print) MCQs from software in XPS or PDF format, for future reference purpose or if someone likes to read from paper based MCQs. Cost sharing becomes posible too.
@shahzad......i visited the local chapter office in lahore.....the prices are in Pak Rupee and the things are available at lahore chapter's office.

@toronto boy.......do you mean to say that the MCQ's at the end of chapters in the book are same as those in the gleim CD???
MCQs at the end of Study Units and Gleim's software largely overlap but are not exactly the same. The CD was available for Rs. 700 at Lahore Chapter a couple of months ago and a short while earlier it was for Rs. 500. Books of 13th edition are available for Rs. 750 per book. I didn't visit Waheed Books in person but was told by a friend of mine that 14 edition is available there (without MCQs) for Rs. 300 or so per book. It was not more than two months ago. I personally think that 13th edition is enough. Is there anybody here who recently appeared in any of CIA exams?
Noman

Yes, MCQs at the end of chapters are MOSTLY IIA released MCQs and are also included in software. However, software contains IIA released, publisher/editor written, and from other sources like CPA, CMA exams etc.

Regards
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5