Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Certified Internal Audit (CIA)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Schuaeb</i>
<br /> Is there anybody here who recently appeared in any of CIA exams?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yup, completed recently.
i am going to start study soon......so tips would be welcome...
i am CA finalist...although no direct internal audit experience during my articleship....
All I would say is to practice MCQs and understand why the wrong choices are wrong i.e. the reasons behind being them wrong.

Make sure your mind does not memorize MCQs un-intentionally. Otherwise you would have more correct MCQs while repeating than you should have i.e. a wrong signal about preparedness.

Good Luck
[quote]<i>Originally posted by Toronto_Boy</i>
<br />Dear shahzad

Compare IIA's learning outcomes or study objectives which you may get from IIA's website (if I am not wrong). OR these are also available in Gliems books of 13th ed. where they compare study objectives with various chapters' topics. Compare those with new version or with those two chapters you are refering. Most likely, it would only be re-arangement of topics.

By the way, your name reminds me of a person who is currently serving as Deputy Governor SBP. Cheers....

Thanks for your valuable suggestion, I campared the contents and there is no change, this mean that in 14th edition only name of unit is change

I am working as a consultant in PIFRA Project(Department of the Auditor General of Pakistan)

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Toronto_Boy</i>
<br />All I would say is to practice MCQs and understand why the wrong choices are wrong i.e. the reasons behind being them wrong.

Make sure your mind does not memorize MCQs un-intentionally. Otherwise you would have more correct MCQs while repeating than you should have i.e. a wrong signal about preparedness.

Good Luck

Memorizing MCQs cannot be avoided, when you are practicing the MCQs of a particular subunit MCQs start getting repeated and you start scoring better that I guess is never an accurate measure of your knowledge. Secondly correlation between the text of Study Units and MCQs is not there very well there. And sometimes the answer provided by the book or software seem to be wrong. In this situation scoring 80% marks doesn't seem to be easy. So what in this situation you suggest?
The risk of un-intentional memorizing can be reduced to some extent but can't be totally avoided.

For first time practice, one may practice MCQs by topic or unit. For each subsequent revision, let the software select MCQs randomly from increasingly large population from variety of topics and chapters. Even instruct software to throw answer choices randomly rather than regular order.

Select MCQs from different type of topics (from different chapters) rather than similar. Even if you revise MCQs from one or similar topics, it increases probability of correct answers. So select MCQs from diversified topics/ chapters.

Pay more attention to reason behind wrong choices, but know the basic reason of correct answer and compare it with wrong choices.

Always read all answer choices, with same attention, rather than jumping to right choice directly by recognizing it from previous practice. Even if mind recognizes it, try to find reason of being it correct and other wrong.

Another good trick is elimination of wrong choices, and then selecting one (or even guessing one) from reduced number of choices.

Still chances are, by the time one would finish 2nd or 3rd time revision, he would have un-intentionally memorized correct choice. But this is the risk one has to bear. In that case, one might go for another publisher or course provider.

I hope it helps.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shahzad47</i>
<br />Thanks Schuaeb

I have contacted with Waheed Book, he has 13th edition book with no MCQs, second I have also contacted with Gleims he told it will take atlease 15 to 30 days to ship in pakistan and the shipping cost is very high. I am appearing in August 2010 and very few time left.

Hellow,

Can you provide me local chapter address of CIA in Lahore and Islamabad.

Further, you know there are four parts of CIA, the price which you are quoting above i.e. around (PKR750 for book +PKR800 for CD) is this only for one part or for all four parts.

On the basis of information provided by you guys I am assuming that there is not a material difference between 13th and 14th editions and even preparation on the basis of 13th edition is enough.

Regards,

Farook

CD of Rs.800 is for all 4 parts...whereas Rs.700 book is only for one part...total for books for four parts is 2800...

Lahore chapter

Contact
(1) Institute of Internal Auditors Pakistan, 805-C Faisal Town, Near Akbar Chowk, Lahore.
Ph 042-35177528, Fax 042-35187460
(2) Mr. Naveed Alam, Executive Manager, Cell # 0345-7071029,
Emailnaveed.ana@gmail.com
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by noman</i>
<br />CD of Rs.800 is for all 4 parts...whereas Rs.700 book is only for one part...total for books for four parts is 2800...

Lahore chapter

Contact
(1) Institute of Internal Auditors Pakistan, 805-C Faisal Town, Near Akbar Chowk, Lahore.
Ph 042-35177528, Fax 042-35187460
(2) Mr. Naveed Alam, Executive Manager, Cell # 0345-7071029,
Emailnaveed.ana@gmail.com

Thanks very much Noman. I am grateful to you.

Regards,

Farooq
Salaam !!

Dear Fellows i'm Umar Farooq doing B.com(Hons) from Hailey College Of Commerce University of the Punjab.
Its my last year in university and i'm planning to do specialization in Finance from three options 1) Finance 2) Accounting 3) Marketing

Well actually im much worried and thinking to do CIA.
Kindly help me out either i should go for CIA or not ?
currently i'm doing internal audit of 2 comapnies Charag Din & Co , & NesCamp Services & Co. as assistant auditor.
no doubt best option is CA but unfortunatly i have not enough time to do CA so plz tell me how is it to do CIA after B.com(Hons) ???
and how i start from where i start i m much scattered kinldy help me THANKS ...

Waiting for your replies ...
I am student of MBA Finance and further would like to start a professional course. I confused with what course to start. Which one is better ACCA OR CIA. Please reply.
Hi, I am Faisal from Lahore. I am looking for CIA material, if anyone can share the books and CDs of Gleim, I would be thankful.
Anyone from lahore, want to appear in exam or planning to appear in CIA, please contact me as I am also planning so that we can have some discussion.
I can be contacted on my email or mobile.

faisal.muneer@gmail.com
0321-4232397

And wat about Job description of an Internal Auditor?
Is it same as that of an external auditor but working internally for the organization?
hello, I'd like to know if CIA would be a valuable side-kick to my CIMA qualification. Would it offer a higher salary range?
I am a CIA myself with 3 years of consultancy experience in big4. Trust me it is boring. Oppurtunities are less than finance. Pay is more or less equal. I get totally turned off by the idea of control testing and audit reports. After an year or 2 the learning factor also disappears and it becomes repititive.

My personal opinion only.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5