Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Audit objectives and Auditor's Responsibilities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<b>State whether the following are true or false. If false, state the reasons</b>
1. One of the main objectives of Audit is to ensure the financial statements have been prepared in accordance with the requirements of the Companies Ordinance and Accounting Standards.
2. Auditor is responsible for selection and applications of accounting policies.
3. Auditor’s opinion is based on conclusive evidence.
1. may be false. because financial statements are prepared in accordance with the applicalble financial eporting framework

2.false.its a management responsibility
3.yes
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by blackrose420</i>
<br /><b>State whether the following are true or false. If false, state the reasons</b>
1. One of the main objectives of Audit is to ensure the financial statements have been prepared in accordance with the requirements of the Companies Ordinance and Accounting Standards.
2. Auditor is responsible for selection and applications of accounting policies.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

1 - Objective of the audit is to enable the auditor to express an opinion on the financial statements. (not to ensure ......)

2 - Auditor does not select and apply policies but consider whether the policies selected by the management are appropriate

3 - Auditor always obtain reasonable audit evidence you can say pursuasive but not conclusive

Regards

Ahmed
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by wsafca</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by blackrose420</i>
<br /><b>State whether the following are true or false. If false, state the reasons</b>

1 - Objective of the audit is to enable the auditor to express an opinion on the financial statements. (not to ensure ......)

2 - Auditor does not select and apply policies but consider whether the policies selected by the management are appropriate

3 - Auditor always obtain reasonable audit evidence you can say pursuasive but not conclusive

Regards

Ahmed

CORRECT
yes they are.you get pursuasive evidence.
I will be carefull next time.
mene dikha he nai ghor se.