Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Sales Tax Refund
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<i><b>Salam!</b></i>

Someone maintaining accounts of a Trading Firm, and they Import Goods and sale here in Karachi.

The person wants to know that can company claim Sales Tax or Not which paid on import/local purchase?

Or is there any website about the Refund of Sales Tax...

Thanks

-Sarfaraz

hi

dear if you imports the goods or purchase the goods from local market and also pay sale tax in this situation you can refund the sale tax against your sale tax i mean output tax ok.

and further detail you can get from CBR websit ok

Thanks

rifi

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sarfaraz.alam</i>
<br /><i><b>Salam!</b></i>

Someone maintaining accounts of a Trading Firm, and they Import Goods and sale here in Karachi.

The person wants to know that can company claim Sales Tax or Not which paid on import/local purchase?

Thanks

-Sarfaraz
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Dear,
In the above mentioned cases, Sales tax i.e. input tax can be claimed.
However, please note that, In case of goods locally supplied, supplier must hold a tax invoice in his name and bearing his registration number in respect of such supply for which a return is furnished or input tax in being claimed.
In case of goods imported, supplier must hold bill of entry or goods declaration in his name and showing his sales tax registration number, duly cleared by the customs under section 79 or section 104 of the Customs Act, 1969.

Best Regards,

Faisal
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by faisal_desperado</i>
<br />Dear,
In the above mentioned cases, Sales tax i.e. input tax can be claimed.
However, please note that, In case of goods locally supplied, supplier must hold a tax invoice in his name and bearing his registration number in respect of such supply for which a return is furnished or input tax in being claimed.
In case of goods imported, supplier must hold bill of entry or goods declaration in his name and showing his sales tax registration number, duly cleared by the customs under section 79 or section 104 of the Customs Act, 1969.

Best Regards,

Faisal

Claiming sales tax refund is a difficult work and require tolerance.
FBR website (www.fbr.gov.pk) holds a comprihensive information about sales tax. <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Sarfaraz.alam</i>
<br /><i><b>Salam!</b></i>

Thanks

-Sarfaraz