Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Excess Payment against Sales Tax Liability
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

We have mistakenly deposited the excess payment against the sales tax liability. Return has not been submitted yet.

Whether the excess payment can be brought forward & adjusted against the tax liability of next month? If not, please inform the corrective action

Please reply soon

Thanks,
Umair
dear dontworry its not beg issu, iak bat tu conferem ha ya adjuste nhi o sukti ok, ur ya refundable ha ok ya ap ko refund o gy ge after 45 days,

Rifi
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by umairahmed</i>
<br />
We have mistakenly deposited the excess payment against the sales tax liability. Return has not been submitted yet.

Whether the excess payment can be brought forward & adjusted against the tax liability of next month? If not, please inform the corrective action

Please reply soon

Thanks,
Umair
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
this tax is refundable u/s 66 of the sales tax act 1990, u have to prepare a claim file in this regard and submit it in TAX ofice, if u have any prob do contact me on my mob number 03212559084 (Anfal)
Dear Anfal & Rifi,

Thanks for your kind replies.

I was advised by the FBR helpline to visit the Data Processing Center (DPC) at RTO office & submit an application in this regard. They will then issue a negative CPR against the excess amount.

But Alhamdullilah I am saved from getting "Khuwar" there. Some of our suppliers invoices for which I had to deduct & submit with holding sales tax reached to us at very perfect moment. This together made our tax liability for the current period more than the amount deposited.

And thank you anfal for providing you number. Inshallah will be in contact with you.
Thanks for your reply and sharing your knowledge with me, it will always be my pleasure to participate in the forum

Thanks & Regards

Anfal Shabbir