Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Pakistani M.com and Canada
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I deleted this post but I think I should add it back in a hope to learn a 1st hand knowledge from Pakistanis who've done only M.com with no professional quals. and have migrated to canada and have been absorbed by there job market.So my question is

Is Pakistani M.com enough to pass migration process? what happens to them when they reach Canada and try to get a job in an accounting field?
Dear bob02

You have restricted your criteria to MCom only. Lets hope and see if someone comes up.

Regards
Hi Bob,

Although I have already answered this question but I would like to comment here as well. To meet the educational requirements, I think M. Com is good and would be able to get 22 points (If 17 years of education) but I am not sure under which profession category you can apply.
As far as job opportunities are concerned, I think M. Com from Pakistan have equal job opportunities as CAs/CMAs from Pakistan.

Regards,
M.Com can apply under NOC 0111 (i.e Financial Managers) as well as NOC 1111 (i.e Accountants) depending on the experience they have. Just follow the National Occupation list on cic website and check the major job descriptions of these NOC to determine which suits your experience.
Alternatively you can just apply under any of the two NOC's and then prepare the experience certificates according to the job descriptions of that NOC ) atleast i know few people which have done this successfully.

M.Com is 16 years education and there fore will fetch 22 points in immigration.

Hope this helps

regards