Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Professional tax deduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can any one answer regarding Profession Tax Deduction

Case is that i have deducted 1 person's profession tax on Aug-09 and that person has been retired this month of Feb-10 should i deducted his profession tax again??

His income is taxable
Please elaborate your question..... First of all what profession Tax?? Do you mean that, that person provided professional services to your company and you deducted Income Tax @ 6% while making payments to him??? is that the case??

If it is so, then you must deduct the Income TAx @ 6% each time you make payments to him.. Because under law you are deducting authority and you must deduct tax every time making a payment which falls under withholding tax Schedule.
Agar us employee ki salary July-09 say Feb-10 tak chargeable to income tax hay to aap us par professional tax charge karo gay otherwise nahi karo gay.
Dear,

Professional tax is not deducted out of employees’ salary, rather it has to be paid by the company annually on the basis of 4 categories provided in this regard.

This has already been discussed few months back.

Best Regards,
All persons assessed to Income Tax -
All persons engaged in any profession, trade, calling or employment, liable to pay Professional tax Rs.150/=
The Sindh Professionals, Trades, Calling and Employment Tax (i.e. called Professional Tax) is levied to businesses, professions, trades callings or employments in respect of which Professional Tax has been levied under the entry of the Seventh Schedule to the Sindh Finance Act, 1964. To regulate the registration, collection and payment of Professional Tax the Government of Sindh has made the Sindh Professions, Trades, Callings, and Employment Tax Rules, 1976.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by LapTop</i>
<br />All persons assessed to Income Tax -
All persons engaged in any profession, trade, calling or employment, liable to pay Professional tax Rs.150/=

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear,
You have certainly misperceived the concept of professional taxation in sindh. Kindly go through the following thread.

http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=7579

Furthermore, professional tax for the tax year is paid on the basis of number of income tax assessed employees at the rate of Rs. 150 per such employee who is an assessee under income tax ordinance and who is required to pay tax.

It depends on the company whether it charges Rs. 150 to the employee or bear the same by itself, since it is a yearly charge and it does not provide any requirement as to who has to pay such tax on behalf of the company.

I hope you understand.

Best Regards,

Faisal.
Faisal bhai may nay bhi to yehi baat likhi thi,, , ,
Rafy nay employee k baty may baat ki thi or employee Category 1. may aata hay,,,

Category 1. Rs.150/- per salaried person whose salary is taxable under Income Tax Law.
http//www.fdsindh.gov.pk/site/userfiles/1214650532_84179.pdf

http//www.sindh.gov.pk/dpt/Excise%20&%20Taxation/taxes.htm#Professional Tax