Accountancy Forum

Full Version: IS ACCA LOSING IT'S VALUE IN PAKISTAN?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Dard

To be more precise there is perhaps no core qualification at Middle East as far as accountancy is concerned. Every one is acceptable there (as per market’s general condition) with a tag attached to his name provided he knows what to do and how to do the tasks associated with his job. ACCA is therefore not a special case as well.

As far as China is concerned, it is a bit unorthodox example. However, ACCA is rapidly expanding in China exactly in the way it is doing in Pakistan. If you are of the view that ACCA is a core qualification in Pakistan then we will agree to your conclusion about China as well; otherwise you know what I am saying. Core qualification at China is still Chinese CPA. However, ACCA’s acceptance is also improving but it is not the primary qualification just like Pakistan.

In Malaysia, ACCA is given good exemptions and PROBABLY (some one told at this forum) practicing rights as well. The exemptions, we have already agreed is a merit of ACCA; and the “practicing rights” have almost no advantage for a Pakistani who is doing ACCA since we know what resources are required to establish a practice. In Pakistan it is too difficult; what can you predict about Malaysia. If one has the resources to go abroad, say Malaysia, and establish his practice, then do you feel there is a need to do ACCA? If you feel it has attraction for our students, I will agree to you without arguing.

So again conclusion is same, i.e. middle east and UK. I have explained it in my earlier post.

Pauliangenius

I think you should have deduced the reply to your query from the discussion so far seen on this thread. ACCA is good if you want to work at UAE, or at some other country where it can provide exemptions of any localized body under some MRA so that you eventually end up to be an ACA or CPA etc. of that particular location. It is also good at UK, but now there is severe unemployment in UK and even their locally qualifying professionals are struggling hard. It is not a fault of ACCA but is an outcome of the financial meltdown that has affected western countries in specific and the world in general.

In Pakistan, we are witnessing a slow increase in acceptability of ACCAs and in some cases they are working on handsome salaries as well. However, such cases are not found in abundance and this is a fact. Although I am of the view that RIZQ is something totally a matter of fortune, yet I believe that worldly prediction should be made by any one while deciding his career.

I would request you not to force any one to provide you a range of salaries for any professional qualification since it has previously been done a number of times and always resulted in continuation of vague and purposeless discussion.

ACCA will never take the place of ICAP in Pakistan and any localized professional body any where in the world. Unless the country does not have a local sound professional body, this also has to remain a fact. We are certainly not discussing African countries. However, it has its merits since it provides a gateway / shortcut for some other renowned designations. Further, it is “flexible”, easier, manageable and is said to be “fairly” treated and has no stiff requirements of simultaneous professional training. However, where you have to put in lesser effort or relaxed effort, you should expect a bit lesser reward as well.

I may be more than incorrect in my understanding but I have reservations as to its characteristic of a core designation anywhere on the globe. People may have different meanings of “Core” and I am not intended to debate on controversies.

Regards,

KAMRAN.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
Salaries too depend on individual attributes, abilities and fate. You will see ACCAs earning in the <font size="2"><b>six figures</b></font id="size2">, while others earn less
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yeah, he is right, but he just forgot to tell you that Out of six figures the first Integer will be started will <b><font size="2">ZERO</font id="size2"></b>.[8D]
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />
Dard

To be more precise there is perhaps no core qualification at Middle East as far as accountancy is concerned. Every one is acceptable there (as per market’s general condition) with a tag attached to his name provided he knows what to do and how to do the tasks associated with his job. ACCA is therefore not a special case as well.

As far as China is concerned, it is a bit unorthodox example. However, ACCA is rapidly expanding in China exactly in the way it is doing in Pakistan. If you are of the view that ACCA is a core qualification in Pakistan then we will agree to your conclusion about China as well; otherwise you know what I am saying. Core qualification at China is still Chinese CPA. However, ACCA’s acceptance is also improving but it is not the primary qualification just like Pakistan.

In Malaysia, ACCA is given good exemptions and PROBABLY (some one told at this forum) practicing rights as well. The exemptions, we have already agreed is a merit of ACCA; and the “practicing rights” have almost no advantage for a Pakistani who is doing ACCA since we know what resources are required to establish a practice. In Pakistan it is too difficult; what can you predict about Malaysia. If one has the resources to go abroad, say Malaysia, and establish his practice, then do you feel there is a need to do ACCA? If you feel it has attraction for our students, I will agree to you without arguing.

So again conclusion is same, i.e. middle east and UK. I have explained it in my earlier post.

Pauliangenius

I think you should have deduced the reply to your query from the discussion so far seen on this thread. ACCA is good if you want to work at UAE, or at some other country where it can provide exemptions of any localized body under some MRA so that you eventually end up to be an ACA or CPA etc. of that particular location. It is also good at UK, but now there is severe unemployment in UK and even their locally qualifying professionals are struggling hard. It is not a fault of ACCA but is an outcome of the financial meltdown that has affected western countries in specific and the world in general.

In Pakistan, we are witnessing a slow increase in acceptability of ACCAs and in some cases they are working on handsome salaries as well. However, such cases are not found in abundance and this is a fact. Although I am of the view that RIZQ is something totally a matter of fortune, yet I believe that worldly prediction should be made by any one while deciding his career.

I would request you not to force any one to provide you a range of salaries for any professional qualification since it has previously been done a number of times and always resulted in continuation of vague and purposeless discussion.

ACCA will never take the place of ICAP in Pakistan and any localized professional body any where in the world. Unless the country does not have a local sound professional body, this also has to remain a fact. We are certainly not discussing African countries. However, it has its merits since it provides a gateway / shortcut for some other renowned designations. Further, it is “flexible”, easier, manageable and is said to be “fairly” treated and has no stiff requirements of simultaneous professional training. However, where you have to put in lesser effort or relaxed effort, you should expect a bit lesser reward as well.

I may be more than incorrect in my understanding but I have reservations as to its characteristic of a core designation anywhere on the globe. People may have different meanings of “Core” and I am not intended to debate on controversies.

Regards,

KAMRAN.

Dear Kamran bhai, not everyone wants to establish a practise. If you say ACCAs are not earning handsome amounts in the INDUSTRY then you can provide us with examples. My previous posts acknowledged the fact that it can't be a core qualification in many countries due to their laws.
thanku dard and thanku kamran bahi for ur knowledge. i will work hard for my career. inshallah
what is happening.... i am so confused...!
i was thinking to go for ACCA.. i heard ACCA have a great value..
and i thought after completing ACCA i will be able to get a job in U.k.
please help me out. don't confuse me..
is there anyone...! who is gonna tell me is ACCA is good for me or not!! because i want to save my time...! and i wanna get gud qualification... i am fsc student... and this my last year....
in September i will be a FSC holder INSHALLAH! so please tell me! what should i choose next? ACCA? and plz tell me one thing that if i complete ACCA WHAT kind of jobs i will get in Pakistan and outside the Pakistan!!??? please reply me... i will be waiting!!!!!!!!!!
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rabia-k</i>
<br />pauliangenius ,

sorry buddy. your discussion has been hijacked![D][D][D]

INDEED...!
Well sweetie,
Do not get confused in this disscusion. Go for any one you like. If you wish to stay in Pakistan, do CA(ICAP). If you wish to settle in Middle East, then ACCA,CA,CPA,CIMA can solve you problem. If you wish to settle in UK, then only ACCA,CIMA can help you out. But it has been in recent news that Consultative Committee of Accountancy Bodies CCAB(UK Accountancy profession umbrella organisation)is now emphasising more on audit and CIMA has withdraw the CCAB membership which i suppose my be quite unsatisfying for the CIMA students, so have a good search before finally deciding your next qualification considering your, mode of study,place and resources.
Very good luck
Ali
Some of the professionals i know would be laughing at this thread. I know only CIAs making **k AED in UAE. I know a phipine CPA manager in EY. I know a BSC engineer in consultancy department in one of the big 4. I know ONLY Masters and MBAs in finance working in top positions in top companies without even a professional qualification. I even know ACCAs working in excellent positions in Pakistan itself.

We Pakistanis tend to forget that it is not just the qualification that counts. Let me say here that...

A CA+ACCA+CFA+CPA with 10 yrs of finance/audit/equity experience is unlikely to get a job in the west if he can not communicate in English well. Not even at Pizza hut or Walmart.

If you cannot stand up in front of 20 top people of your company and present your financials to them, then you are not even worth a big ZERO with all the qualifications under your belt. Let me assure you that ACCAs have been working world wide with other professionals.

Also allow me to tell you that ACCA/CA/CPA/ICAEW has almost the same basic book knowledge. They only differ by experience and inter-personal skills.

So kindly stop wasting time like we have been for 60 years and start working hard.

You all are the CFOs/CEOs and HEADs of the future. Only if you drop this thread right here and get back to work.

People like Kamran will feed you their local BS for good. He portrays ACCA is a shortcut qualification for other designations. Well if it is such a crap than how does the world bodies provide so much exemption for it.

When an ACCA opts for CA or other qualification he is using it as SHORTCUT, while those CAs who opt for foreign qualifications are simply looking for MULTIPLE qualifications. Why this hypocrisy?

I joined this forum way back but quit due to the nature of discussions here. 3 years back i saw Kamran corrupting young minds and still he is on the same track. This compelled me to login and post this reply.

I am an ACCA+CIA with 3 years training from big 4 Pakistan working as Senior Group Auditor for one of the biggest business groups of UAE. Earlier i have worked with big4 in KSA as well.

At the end, it is up to you and your worth in your own eyes. Value yourself if you want others to value you. Pakistan or not Pakistan you all will have a great career Inshallah.

Thank you.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rafay321</i>
<br />Some of the professionals i know would be laughing at this thread. I know only CIAs making **k AED in UAE. I know a phipine CPA manager in EY. I know a BSC engineer in consultancy department in one of the big 4. I know ONLY Masters and MBAs in finance working in top positions in top companies without even a professional qualification. I even know ACCAs working in excellent positions in Pakistan itself.

We Pakistanis tend to forget that it is not just the qualification that counts. Let me say here that...

A CA+ACCA+CFA+CPA with 10 yrs of finance/audit/equity experience is unlikely to get a job in the west if he can not communicate in English well. Not even at Pizza hut or Walmart.

If you cannot stand up in front of 20 top people of your company and present your financials to them, then you are not even worth a big ZERO with all the qualifications under your belt. Let me assure you that ACCAs have been working world wide with other professionals.

Also allow me to tell you that ACCA/CA/CPA/ICAEW has almost the same basic book knowledge. They only differ by experience and inter-personal skills.

So kindly stop wasting time like we have been for 60 years and start working hard.

You all are the CFOs/CEOs and HEADs of the future. Only if you drop this thread right here and get back to work.

People like Kamran will feed you their local BS for good. He portrays ACCA is a shortcut qualification for other designations. Well if it is such a crap than how does the world bodies provide so much exemption for it.

When an ACCA opts for CA or other qualification he is using it as SHORTCUT, while those CAs who opt for foreign qualifications are simply looking for MULTIPLE qualifications. Why this hypocrisy?

I joined this forum way back but quit due to the nature of discussions here. 3 years back i saw Kamran corrupting young minds and still he is on the same track. This compelled me to login and post this reply.

I am an ACCA+CIA with 3 years training from big 4 Pakistan working as Senior Group Auditor for one of the biggest business groups of UAE. Earlier i have worked with big4 in KSA as well.

At the end, it is up to you and your worth in your own eyes. Value yourself if you want others to value you. Pakistan or not Pakistan you all will have a great career Inshallah.

Thank you.

One thing i'd like to say is that anyone with ACA+ACCA+CFA+CPA+10years experience will definitely get any job any where because these papers are not taken in pashto saraki punjabi that the person wont know English.Hilarious. They are conducted in English. And even if that's an extremely exceptional case where a person has no idea of English after qualifying these qualifications, then even he can get any respected job in "WEST" my dear.
Be realistic.
Regards,
Ali
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ali_boy9</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rafay321</i>
<br />Some of the professionals i know would be laughing at this thread. I know only CIAs making **k AED in UAE. I know a phipine CPA manager in EY. I know a BSC engineer in consultancy department in one of the big 4. I know ONLY Masters and MBAs in finance working in top positions in top companies without even a professional qualification. I even know ACCAs working in excellent positions in Pakistan itself.

Thank you.

One thing i'd like to say is that anyone with ACA+ACCA+CFA+CPA+10years experience will definitely get any job any where because these papers are not taken in pashto saraki punjabi that the person wont know English.Hilarious. They are conducted in English. And even if that's an extremely exceptional case where a person has no idea of English after qualifying these qualifications, then even he can get any respected job in "WEST" my dear.
Be realistic.
Regards,
Ali
These qualifications are tested in english, but english as a language is not tested. Anyone with an average english can pass them. Top positions in the west require excellent fluency in written and spoken english.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ali_boy9</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rafay321</i>

Thank you.

Be realistic.
Regards,
Ali
These qualifications are tested in english, but english as a language is not tested. Anyone with an average english can pass them. Top positions in the west require excellent fluency in written and spoken english.

Thanks for replying him.

Not just this forum but the members here are in the state of hopelessness. Such a Pity. You will learn someday my friend.

I just came back to this forum to check on some developments in the profession in Pakistan and stumbled on this post. Its never hard to find posts like these and member like you here. If i had taken any words from this place seriously in the past 3 years i would have never reached where i am today. I am still the "Unregistered Trainee" here i see but i have leaped way forward in my career. I had quit for good.

Also advising Mr Kamran to take some rest. You don't need to tell them what losers they are with stupid qualifications, they look upon themselves like that.

AH
Although we have seen similar people behind many user names, and it has been time and again proved, yet I take a positive perspective and for the sake of it treat this “rafay321” as someone who genuinely was here sometimes back with same user-name and is again dropped in by chance. Just a note to place on record.

(Record shows that he became member of this forum on 23 Feb 2009; however, he was here 3 years back as per his statement. A lie right after login in by him).

Pls let me clear at the outset that every year the Big4 in Pakistan intake around 2000-3000 trainee students; and not the all are proven to be the best in their characteristics in post training scenario. Same is the case with other firms in the row. Further, working as some so-called “senior group auditor” (I fear he attempted to present himself as some Auditor General in concept) does not make any one’s comments to be followed and accepted without analyzing on the yardstick of appropriate professional judgment. I, at the same time, also believe that, had this “rafay321” been an ICAP’s member with Big4 training at Pakistan, plus Big4’s 3 years exposure at KSA, he would have never been seen on such a “reverend” post of “senior group auditor” which he perhaps mistakenly mixed-up with Auditor General in concept in his own dreamy thoughts. Readers can read between the lines what I meant.

The one who is portrayed to be best in his abilities, and has also been polished by his so-called ACCA-CIA combination, has commented on my particular comments at this thread which dated back for more than one year. The one who could not understand while advising me that this thread carries my posts of more than one year in age, is claiming some traits of his professionalism that I need not to explain for the understanding of others. Everyone can get to know simply by looking at the dates of such posts. It’s hilarious and speaks about the mindset of the writer.

(I think he should not make me to go further in making public the lies attached with the personal achievements he mentioned in his post on this thread; let me assure you, I can prove the things otherway round. These have also been once proved by another member named "Shoaib" where he analyzed how this rafay321 completed two years training/experience in one year. I still remember that thread).

Without going into purposeless debate, let me clarify only one question raised by a critic mind ) Why the CAs taking up other exams are called “getting multiple qualifications” and why only ACCA is called as a gateway when ACCAs are observed doing the same thing? Yes, the answer is too simple. Have you EVER seen any CA on this forum complaining for exemptions given by other bodies? The question is about CAs; so just leave it; just tell, have you ever seen a CA student raising same complaints? I believe never. If you think my belief is baseless, just prove it. Further, have you ever seen any CA/CA student posting threads like the ones where such questions are raised with heaps of hopelessness?

So, the matter of fact is, everyone in Pakistan (perhaps everywhere in the world except Middle East and UK) who ventures in ACCA, does so with a plan to do CA eventually (or some other localized qualification). Conversely, none of the CA does so with an intention to eventually get ACCA designation. If this presumption is incorrect, it can be debated objectively, though it has been debated well and the point has been proved many a times.

Just to mention again; the ones who chose a qualification for the sake of it and who are willing to take the burden of their decision are always appreciated; even if they are ACCAs.

I hope, useless brain teasing would not be done by some affected ones, and this post would be enough to clarify certain issues. If needed to answer other things; I am here to revert, though my continued presence is painful for certain buddies who have time and again been exiled from the forum for their useless arguments. )

Regards,
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Boss</i>
<br />Saleen.super
As i already said that both/any of these may be hired for a specific job, but in no case Acca may be considered equivalent to Qualified CA (in Pakistan). If an employer asks for both in an advertisement then it does not mean that both of these are equally qualified. A Qualified ACCA work at even less than 15K in pakistan in most of the cases, can you show me a single qualified CA working within this range in pakistan?

ACCA has little worth in Pakistan, i understand, still some people, like you, may consider ACCA equal to CA in Pakistan even. but thinking never change the situation unless efforts are made. Every one is doing ACCA is Pakistan, it is good as far as to avail exemptions from ICAP is concerned but not even equivalent to Bcom in pakistan.

ICAP should restrict exemptions to ACCA upto Module A & B only.

You can dream on wishing that ACCA affiliates must be exempted from only one or two modules. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

[8D]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Boss</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by pauliangenius</i>
<br />KAmran Bhai, you said the right thing. Atleast you realised the real subject matter of the topic! Like i said, i just wanted to know the worth of a single ACCA attached to your name in Pakistan,ie,what is the starting salary?what are the future promotion prospects of an ACCA affliate? etc etc.But all those creeps on this forum used my topic as an arena to settle their personal disputes. So please please please for the last time, just answer my query.[(!][8D].

Bhai, most of your questions have already been replied by members.

- In Pakistan, A sole ACCA has the same worth as a Hungry Dog searching for food is got through to have a Bone, atlast.

- Future of ACCA is doubtful in Pakistan, probably it has no future in pakistan, ICAP kise bhe din Danda dene wala hai ACCA ko.

- Starting Salary, if you are lucky enough, would be 12K-15K, agar boath Teer mara to 20-25k after articleship completion (Affiliate ki baat kar raha hon main).

ACCA is only good, if this route is used as a pathway to CA, Wesay bhe zaida tar CA k failures hi hotay hain ACCA may, ya phir CA karnay k liye rasta bananay walay hotay hain. Is ki misal aisee hai jesay koi Bandar kisee Ghadhay ka sahara lay kar darakht pay charnay ki koshish karta hai.

Aur ICAP ki aankhain akhir kar khul he gyn, aur ACCA ko sahi time pay DANDA de diya.[D]

This step of reducing exemptions to ACCA should have been taken by ICAP agone, so that resources and time of most of the students would have been saved, and they could have invested the same elsewhere.

Yet, i believe, this is a timely decision.[8D]
boss!

right..... 150% right
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8