Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Need Help W.H Tax Adjustment to reduce salary tax
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I need your help that how can i adjust all with holding tax deducted by source ( W.H Tax on Utilities , Mobile Bill and from other source)in my monthly salary tax.
e.g i paid Rs.11,607 tax per month on Rs. 105,518 monthly salary as per salary tax schedule (table)
but one of my office fellow paying almost half tax then me due to W.H Tax adjustment

please help me

thanks
Yes you can reduce your tax liability on salary income. under clause (i) of sub-section 1 of section 149 of Income Tax Ordinance you can adjust your other withholding tax against salary tax. You should give all proofs of withholding tax i.e. tax deduction certificates from mobile company, from bank e.t.c to your employer. If you had mentioned the nature of job then it would possible to tell relevant tax credits avaibale for you.

Muhammad Zameer
However you cannot claim withholding tax deducted on your electricity bills as deduction. That falls under minimum tax.
Legally aap monthly Adjustment nahi lay sakty,, Adjustment layny ka tarika kar ye hay k June k month may aap IT3 form “Declaration by salaried person” fill karyn or apny employer ko dayn, to employer bound hay k wo month of June may aap ki tax adjustment kary.. agar adjustment karny k bawajod aap ka refund ban raha ho to wo refund kiya ja sakta hay.

Han agar aap mutual understanding say monthly adjustment karty rahyn to wo alahda bat hay par ye legal tarika nahi hay.
agreed to Farrukh
Mostly, we know about w/h tax deductions in a year till July (like mobile & other utility bills), then how we may inform our employer about these deductions in June?
As far I understand, IT3 is submitted in July for onward adjustment of tax on salary. Otherwise, when an employer had deducted tax in 11 months, there would be only one month left for W/H tax adjustment leading to refund from Govt.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by LapTop</i>
<br />Legally aap monthly Adjustment nahi lay sakty,, Adjustment layny ka tarika kar ye hay k June k month may aap IT3 form “Declaration by salaried person” fill karyn or apny employer ko dayn, to employer bound hay k wo month of June may aap ki tax adjustment kary.. agar adjustment karny k bawajod aap ka refund ban raha ho to wo refund kiya ja sakta hay.

Han agar aap mutual understanding say monthly adjustment karty rahyn to wo alahda bat hay par ye legal tarika nahi hay.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
whiz bhai,
ap ki baat bhi theek hay, par yahan ik problem hay na k aap ko June ki salary to July may mily gi, magar ap ka employer 30 June ko apny pass payable book kar chuka ho ga, or jab wo salary ko payable book kary ga to lazmi hay k tax calculation bhi kar chuka ho ga,,,
to phir wo kaysy aap ko adjustment day saky ga,
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by LapTop</i>
<br />Legally aap monthly Adjustment nahi lay sakty,, Adjustment layny ka tarika kar ye hay k June k month may aap IT3 form “Declaration by salaried person” fill karyn or apny employer ko dayn, to employer bound hay k wo month of June may aap ki tax adjustment kary.. agar adjustment karny k bawajod aap ka refund ban raha ho to wo refund kiya ja sakta hay.

Dear Laptop,
One quick question, Is it necessary that all the utility bill will come to the name of taxpayer, plus how can we adjust these WHTs of rented tax payers.

imran
you can make adjustment in the month of july of all your withholding tax deducted upto the month of june. compute tax liability as you do then deduct advance tax (total) to compute the net amount payable to tax authorities.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ikhan</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by LapTop</i>

Dear Laptop,
One quick question, Is it necessary that all the utility bill will come to the name of taxpayer, plus how can we adjust these WHTs of rented tax payers.

imran

what do you mean by rented tax payers ??
i mean the taxpayer living in rented homes, so their bills will come to the name of owener but paid by tentet, so how they will adjust their I.Tax.
Ikhan Bhai,
1 salaried person electric bill par pay kiya gya WHT adjust nahi kar sakta kyon k advance tax sirf commercial meter par lagta hay residential meter par nahi lagta, is liye is say koi farak nahi parta k jis ghar may employee rahta hay wo rent ka hay ya us ka apna.
thanks Laptop
you are genius.
hahahahhaha
mazak ura rahay ho na mera.
Dear LapTop

i was trying to say that once we know about this year's w/h tax, we shall inform our employer. the employer while determining whole year's tax liability of next year will adjust this w/h tax figure and then only remaining portion shall be deducted from salary throughout the year. you got my point?
Pages: 1 2 3