Accountancy Forum

Full Version: about exemption in icaa
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by lost</i>
<br />@Adeel

I had also sent similar email to ICAA. But what they told me is totally against your post. Now i am bit confused about reality. May be who replied me would be front desk person. I am sharing here reply of my email by ICAA.

Thank you for your email.

Q1. You would need to complete the ICAEW program in full (no exemptions based on ACCA) in order to then be able to apply for reciprocal membership with ICA Australia.

Q2. You would need to complete our CA program in full to be eligible for membership. For this you would need to undertake an assessment of your ACCA qualification and then complete accredited bridging studies in Australian Tax Law & Australian Company Law.

For further information please see the link below.

http//www.charteredaccountants.com.au/A117410304

Kind Regards

John Loader

Service Advisor

National Customer Service Centre

The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia

Street Address 33 Erskine Street Sydney NSW 2000

Postal Address GPO Box 9985, Sydney NSW 2001

ph. 1300 137 322 / Int'l +61 2 9290 5660

fax. +61 2 9262 4841

email service@charteredaccountants.com.au

www.charteredaccountants.com.au

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Lost,
I also got similar email from the same ICAA representative John Loader.Mujhe bhi confusion ho gia hai.
@Shani and Lost

I can clarify it actually ICAA front desk wrote same thing to me.

By completing full programme of ICAEW and not exemptions they mean the direct entry or MRA with other accountancy body.

Actually they think that it is FULL exemption of ALL papers into ICAEW in essence an MRA.

Please confirm the ICAP case from them because i don't know about it because in future ICAEW may start accepting ACCA training as ICAEW know that it's discrimination because ACCA and ICAP students are doing training under one and same employer?
@Shani

If you are aware that ICAEW started Pathways to Membership scheme. Under this Scheme there are some accountancy bodies including CIMA and ACCA. I will tell about ACCA.

Those persons who are FCCA since 5 years write and pass an examination of experience which is equivalent to the ICAEW Advanced Stage Case Study (ASCS). There are some other requirements as well such as references.

I am unsure to some extent about it whether membership gained of ICAEW in this way entitle to claim MRA held by ICAEW or not?

With regard to your confusion about their response they sometimes also write like if you gain exemption into ICAEW on the basis of ACCA membership. Actually they are not writing it clearly. In essence they mean that if you claim ICAEW membership because of MRA held between ACCA (or other accountancy body).
@Shani and Lost

I just suspect to know that how accountancy bodies know that this membership gained is an MRA with other accountancy body?

Like is there something written on the membership certificate? or any logo of accountancy bodies? or they confirm through communication?

Like if you see there is a logo of ACCA on the OBU's degree of B.Sc. Hons. through which any one can know that this degree is awarded in partnership.

I have yet to ask someone about it. I know one teacher who gained ICAEW membership through pathways to membership as FCCA since 5 years.
There is also question arises that how accountancy body like ICAA know that this training is done under CA-Aus or any accountancy body with which we have an agreement?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Adeelkhan656@hotmail.com</i>
<br />@Shani

If you are aware that ICAEW started Pathways to Membership scheme. Under this Scheme there are some accountancy bodies including CIMA and ACCA. I will tell about ACCA.

Those persons who are FCCA since 5 years write and pass an examination of experience which is equivalent to the ICAEW Advanced Stage Case Study (ASCS). There are some other requirements as well such as references.

I am unsure to some extent about it whether membership gained of ICAEW in this way entitle to claim MRA held by ICAEW or not?

With regard to your confusion about their response they sometimes also write like if you gain exemption into ICAEW on the basis of ACCA membership. Actually they are not writing it clearly. In essence they mean that if you claim ICAEW membership because of MRA held between ACCA (or other accountancy body).
I know about this pathway route.
Dekho ACCA aur ICAEW k drmian koi MRA nahin hai.This is a unilateral pathway given by ICAEW to various Uk and some foreign bodies.ACCA,CIMA to ICAEW ko exemption k allawa koi pathway nahin daty.ICAEW nay AICPA ko pathway da dia magar woh inko direct entry tak nahi date apne CPA exams k lye(evaluation kewani perti hai).
Yeh MRA ka chaker nahi hai.Aap ko saray exam pass kerne pertay hain without exemptions.
Institute verify to kerte honge k membership kaise li hai.
@Adeel,
I have got a reply from ICAA regarding membership.I m using cell phone so cannot copy the whole email but I m writing down the main content in exact wording here.
//quote//[Dear Sir,
Thank you for your email.I can advise that if you gained your membership with ICAEW through their reciprocal agreement with ICAP , unfortunately you would NOT be eligible to apply for membership with the Institute(ICAA) through a GAA reciprocal agreement.]unquote//

Adeel hope it clarifies.
My email was as follows
[Sir,
I want to inquire about reciprocal membership arrangements of ICAA with ICAEW.
If one claims 12 papers exemption in ACA(ICAEW) on the basis of his membership with Institute of Chartered Accountants Pakistan(ICAP) and also claims exemption in 3 year training of ICAEW due to his previous training with ICAP and then pass final 3 advance level papers of ACA(ICAEW) and gain its membership.
Then on the basis of this ICAEW membership would he be eligible to gain ICAA membership through its reciprocal arrangements with ICAEW?
Regards.]
@Shani

If you see your wording you told them that it is a reciprocal membership arrangement while infact it is not. Then you are explaining it which shows that it is not a reciprocal agreement?

You should ask them that if i gain exemption into ICAEW programme on the basis of ICAP education.

You can also send them the page which specify the MOU.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shani420</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Adeelkhan656@hotmail.com</i>
<br />@Shani

I know about this pathway route.
Dekho ACCA aur ICAEW k drmian koi MRA nahin hai.This is a unilateral pathway given by ICAEW to various Uk and some foreign bodies.ACCA,CIMA to ICAEW ko exemption k allawa koi pathway nahin daty.ICAEW nay AICPA ko pathway da dia magar woh inko direct entry tak nahi date apne CPA exams k lye(evaluation kewani perti hai).
Yeh MRA ka chaker nahi hai.Aap ko saray exam pass kerne pertay hain without exemptions.
Institute verify to kerte honge k membership kaise li hai.

@Shani

Persons holding Bachelor or Master's degree also gain exemption into the ICAEW programme. What you think about them? They did not pass all the papers of ICAEW.

Actually by referring to completing full programme infact they mean that one must not gain SUBSTANTIAL exemptions.

Like i told you that persons who have passed Professional Level of ACCA and who have have passed Advanced Stage of ICAEW is not regarded as gained substantial exemptions.
@Shani

If Degree holders are not allowed to claim MRA which is in UK most of the students join ICAEW after a Degree, then? Same applies to students in Australia.

You can also note that ACCA i think don't allow exemptions beyond Fundamental Level no matter what type of degree you have what so ever! Same is with ICAEW i think they also don't grant exemptions beyond Professional Level.

If two bodies have MRA then that's a seperate matter.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Adeelkhan656@hotmail.com</i>
<br />@Shani

If you see your wording you told them that it is a reciprocal membership arrangement while infact it is not. Then you are explaining it which shows that it is not a reciprocal agreement?

You should ask them that if i gain exemption into ICAEW programme on the basis of ICAP education.

You can also send them the page which specify the MOU.
Adeel,
bhai in the first line of my email I have reffered to the reciprocal arrangements between ICAA and ICAEW(ICAP KA TO ZIKR HI NAHI KIA MAIN NAY).
ICAP ki situation to main wohi batai hai jo k ICAP aur ICAEW ke agreement main hai.
@all.
My brother is an ACA england and ACCA.He had claimed exemptions in icaew.He applied in 2008(november) to icaa but his application for reciprocal membership was rejected.CICA(Canada CA) also said that they only accept those who have passed all papers without exemption.This information piece is related to ICAEW exemptions for ACCA.For other qualifications such as Icap or university degrees please ask them directly.
<br />@Shani

If Degree holders are not allowed to claim MRA which is in UK most of the students join ICAEW after a Degree, then? Same applies to students in Australia.

You can also note that ACCA i think don't allow exemptions beyond Fundamental Level no matter what type of degree you have what so ever! Same is with ICAEW i think they also don't grant exemptions beyond Professional Level.

If two bodies have MRA then that's a seperate matter.
Adeel main nay degree holder ki exemption k bare bhi email ker di hai.Kal reply a jaye ga.Dekho kya kehte hain.
@Kaleem

Did your brother gain exemption into ICAEW and then passed the Advanced Stage of ICAEW (Meeting education requirements) and completed an ICAEW training contract?

Or he gained ICAEW membership being FCCA since 5 years and after passing the examination of experience?
@All

I am still standing by with what i have said.

@Kaleem

There should be lacking something while your brother gained ICAEW membership? Please clarify exactly how he gained ICAEW membership EXACTLY?
Pages: 1 2 3 4