Accountancy Forum

Full Version: ACCA/CIMA/CFA comparison for prospective immigrant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello to all the fellow members who are in the same boat as me. I would like to get your feedback on the Return on Investment (ROI) of the various professional qualifications that I can study for while staying in Dhaka, Bangladesh.

I'm soon going to finish my B.B.A (Bachelor of Business Administration) , dual-majoring in Finance and Marketing. I'm willing to get a professional qualification (ACCA/CIMA/CFA/CIA/ACA)in addition to my B.B.A but I'm confused regarding the career prospects of each qualification in my country and abroad.

As far as I know, the CFA is the most difficult one to pass and isn't as much recognized all over the world as the ACCA or the CIMA is. Though I'm personally more inclined to attempt the CIMA as it would let me practice strategic planning and managerial interpretation of accounts (which is my preference over financial reporting). However, in my own country, the CIMA grads hardly ever gets work as the ACCA or the ACA grads are preferred when doing any kind of accountancy work in a firm.

Lastly, please advise me whether the qualification that's most suitable for me at home is also apt abroad since I intend to apply for immigration abroad (Canada, Australia, New Zealand) etc.
Dear,
CFA is a different line from others u have mentioned.It is wrong that it is not widely recognized.It is recognized all around the world but it has different job prospects as compared to CA/ACCA/CIMA etc.
But as ur question relates to acceptability of accounting qualifications outside Bangladesh so
1)Australia.
For Australia CIMA is a better choice then ACCA and ACA (bangladesh) because it has an MRA with CPA australia so CPA status is readily available.In CA(AUSTRALIA) CIMA fetch 1 module exemption.
ACCA/CA bangladesh don't get any exemptions in CPA/CA australia.As local qualifications r preffered choice for employers so exemptions r important.
2)Canada.
For canada ACCA and CIMA r both suitable as both have MRAs with CGA CANADA and CMA canada respectively.
3)For Newzealand ACCA doesn't have an MRA.For CIMA I m not sure.But Newzealand is currently not a dream location to search for living.
U have written in ur post about ACA.I percieved it as ACA(BANGLADESH) but if u were referring to ICAEW then it is a better choice the CIMA/ACCA if u want to move to above places.
But CFA would be the best choice among ACCA/CIMA/CFA/CA bangladesh.
As I've heard from a student of ICAB, ICAB has recently did some sort of a merger with ICAEW and an ICAB graduate of BD will have two degrees by the time he passes, the CA of BD and also the ACA from ICAEW.

Many thanks for your detailed reply it was really an eye-opener for me !
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by arfin24</i>
<br />As I've heard from a student of ICAB, ICAB has recently did some sort of a merger with ICAEW and an ICAB graduate of BD will have two degrees by the time he passes, the CA of BD and also the ACA from ICAEW.

Many thanks for your detailed reply it was really an eye-opener for me !
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Dear,
ICAEW and ICAB have an MoU.U won't readily get both qualifications but would get exemptions in ICAEW.ICAB members r exempted from 12 AC
A(ICAEW) exams and training.They r required to pass 3 advance level ICAEW exams to qualify as ICAEW members.But it is mandatory to maintain ICAB membership in order to maintain ICAEW membership.
Regards.