Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Completing articles on the basis of Bcom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi ,

I want to ask what will be the opportunities for a person who just complete his article ship from a firm and dont give any of the ICAP papers. My question is somewhat related to PFC candidate of ICAP . I have heard it will take 5 years to get completion of articles certificate if one join the firm on the basis of B com . What will be the market value of that person who just complete his articleship but could not pass any of the ICAP paper ??????
Training duration for a student on the basis of graduation is now 3.5 years instead of 5 years. Previously it used to be of 5 years. B.coms or graduates face difficulty in getting a training contract and their only option may be a small firm. On the basis of their experience in a firm they do have some worth in the market though significantly less than a CA Inter or more with equal experience.
Thanks Mr.Schuaeb for the guidance . Please tell that whether it will be a good idea to just continue CA Inter or I should start articles now in a small firm . My CA foundation is not cleared up til now but Bcom is cleared or I should take admission in MBA . I am 21 years old now and very confused about my future . Please guide me .
One thing I want to confirm is that whether any firm will allow me to do articleship while I will be doing MBA ????
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by FARHAN123</i>
<br />One thing I want to confirm is that whether any firm will allow me to do articleship while I will be doing MBA ????
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

AOA,
i met with the same conditions in 2008 in which you are now i visited few big firms and got some guidence and got to know that MBA-finance is something else and CA is something else.. so at that time i was feeling difficulty what to do even i am not getting pass some papers.... but i decided to take admission in MBA now i am MBA-Finance and i felt that the effor that i am putting here right now would worth more then that if i directed that towards CA... Brother i suggest you not to get confuse.. just spend some money in some RAET and clear your confusions in studies,.. it will be better option and even if you complete MBA, you will not be equal to CA-Inter becuase CA inter is better then MBA. no matter you did MBA from wherever. and too doing MBA in Good grades is not like ABC... and after completing it your possition will be like mine as now i am feeling that i hve to do some profeesional education.
and another thing that there is alot of competition in the market Accas some time find it difficult to get Article ship in firms i suggest you to visit firm and u will get to know... why not u do ACCA? its also a good degree if you do hardwork you will be given quick reward.. as compair to CA.
weLL! Thanx a lot for guiding me . As far as ACCA is concerned , I had plan to do ACCA with CA Inter but now ICAP has changed its exam policy . One can give some papers of a module . Therefore I dont think starting ACCA at this stage will be a good idea . I have already spend two years in CA Inter so its useless to go back and start ACCA from scratch . I am not saying that I will stop study after completing MBA . MBA person can also do CFA .
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
you will not be equal to CA-Inter becuase CA inter is better then MBA. no matter you did MBA from wherever
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Please tell from which university you have completed your MBA ??
What if I complete my 16 years education and try to get admission in IBA or SZABIST .

I personally know a person who has done MBA from Preston university and have also completed CA Inter . But he had not done articleship in his life ever . After completing his studies he started to work in different Telecom companies . He is now in Islamabad and earning more than a lac .
One of my elder brothers friend who is now doing articleship in BDO Ebrahim was telling me that there was a vacancy of a job of 40000 PKR and he met a fully qualified CA there who has applied for that job ??

A other senior person who has completed his articles from delloite but he is not fully qualified now(6 papers are left) was telling me that his two fully qualified CA friends are sitting at home because they are not getting jobs . He was also suggesting me to start MBA .
Why anyone is not replying ?? Have I said something wrong ??//

No Dear U haven't say anything wrong in fact we are wrong peoples who are still fail to guide you properly.

Dear I think U can Opt for MBA from any university available to you like Szabist, Preston, VU Etc. After completing your MBA with good GPA. Apply for another MBA from IBA because Than U have 16 years of education so might be possible that IBA will accept you.

Then after completing your 2 MBAs U can continue your CA which is in Pending. Complete your CA and apply for Article-ship. After completing your Article-ship You may opt for ACCA. After completing your Acca Guess what ??? CFA bhi to karna haina tumhain yaar )

Regards.
I have never said in my above posts that I will do ACCA . My question in short was that will it be worth doing MBA now or I should spend some more time in doing CA .

You either didn't get my question properly or have come to the conclusion directly .

Stick with CA, Spend your time in CA. Even If you continue CA in future even then it will take Time. What I observed is That U r now focusing on Exit Stretigy. Yes I may be Wrong.

Regards.
Atif boss I am waiting for your reply ?? From which uni u have completed ur MBA ??