Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Why students fail in CA!!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear members,

CA is one of the best professional qualification. In Pakistan, students are very much worried what is the exact criteria of passing. I heard many students saying that they only attempted 65 marks paper and passed. Many was mourning, they attempted an excellent paper of 95 or even 100 marks but they failed ultimately.

What are the reasons either problem is at student's end or ICAP examiners ?

I heard that CA exams of other countries are easy in comparison with Pakistan.

Regards,

The problem is with student studies.there is no problem with the icap checking however there are some issues in taxation final paper due to interpretation as icap solution might have errors rest all is fine..
CA is a competitive exam unlike normal exam sessions.
I think there may be hidden criteria of ICAP.Some students were quite sure that they will pass easily in a particular paper but result was negative.

May be to make the supply Limited. Otherwise her doosra CA kar k betha hoga Eventually loss in Worth. I don't know exactly so useless to give further comments.

Regards.
Students are students and their age is specific for making bigger claims and incorrect self-estimation. Further, there are rare people (even matured ones) who accept their own mistake or pitfall for any failure. People (majority) always try to attribute their failures to something else.

It is a human nature and I feel nothing out of the world when such grouses are put forward.

Having qualified CA (ICAP), I am more than sure that any such compalint is NOTHING but a misjuddgement by students at their own.

I guess people should learn to make a proper assessment of their own preparation and performance. There is no hidden science in examination, marking and result finalization process. It is two plus two equal to four thing. If one has performed he gets through; and if some one lacks he does not. One can get the solved papers attempetd by them (subsequently) and check where they have done mistakes. Can any body in the world declare a CORRECT as WRONG?

If you are prepared and have performed to the extent required, no one in the world can declare you a failure. Nothing by-passes the criteria and rules laid down.

Regards,

The senior partner of our firm who has been the president of ICAP & exam setter too told a few days back in a dinner that you have to work very hard because CA is a competitive exam & is not like other normal papers.

He told that once when he was paper setter, he designed an easy & lengthy paper for CA I think module E, so the ICAP officials decided that pass rate would be 83% for that attempt!!! The senior partner said that after that session he never became the paper setter again because he thought it very unfair that students who scored 82% marks in that paper were considered failed too.

He also said that your result just doesn't depends on you, it also depends on the other students who have solved the paper. If everyone has done very good, everyone won't pass. If other students have solved a "bad" paper than you may pass too; CA being a competitive exam.

All above are his words. The above FCA is a very respectable person, has been the president of ICAP I think twice, many times member of regional committees & a lot more. I don't even know much more of his accomplishments. So his words can be taken as true, If his words aren't even taken true than who's should be???
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ausmanpk2001</i>
<br />The senior partner of our firm who has been the president of ICAP & exam setter too told a few days back in a dinner that you have to work very hard because CA is a competitive exam & is not like other normal papers.

He told that once when he was paper setter, he designed an easy & lengthy paper for CA I think module E, so the ICAP officials decided that pass rate would be 83% for that attempt!!! The senior partner said that after that session he never became the paper setter again because he thought it very unfair that students who scored 82% marks in that paper were considered failed too.

He also said that your result just doesn't depends on you, it also depends on the other students who have solved the paper. If everyone has done very good, everyone won't pass. If other students have solved a "bad" paper than you may pass too; CA being a competitive exam.

All above are his words. The above FCA is a very respectable person, has been the president of ICAP I think twice, many times member of regional committees & a lot more. I don't even know much more of his accomplishments. So his words can be taken as true, If his words aren't even taken true than who's should be???
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

well yar..waisee module A to D tak i was really very confident about what i did and my expections about result often matched with the actual results.by the way my experience in final modules was really opposite and i think you may be right i would try to investigate this once Inshallah i qualify.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ausmanpk2001</i>
<br />The senior partner of our firm who has been the president of ICAP & exam setter too told a few days back in a dinner that you have to work very hard because CA is a competitive exam & is not like other normal papers.

Brother,
If that is the case then they should publicly declare it.Candidate should have idea that it is not just the 50% marks threshold that is required to be crossed.
<br />
He told that once when he was paper setter, he designed an easy & lengthy paper for CA I think module E, so the ICAP officials decided that pass rate would be 83% for that attempt!!!

Since we were in school we were told when a paper was set a bit tough than normal the examiners were directed to mark it a bit leniently than usual and vice versa is the case with exceptionally easy papers. I guess many of us will have such experience of having score better than our anticipation in tough papers and vice versa. This approach to my reckoning is pretty normal and quite common.

Similar may be true about ICAP an easy paper may be examined slightly stricter than a tough paper. It never means to deprive someone of something he or she deserves.

However, as far as the above post is concerned 83% is quite absurd according to me. I don't think the statement is true and may is exaggerated to some extent.
Dears (specially Usman)

No body can be the president of ICAP for two times; rather, if some body has ever become President of ICAP, after that, he does not even contest the election of council in his life time. This is not a part of law but a precedent and todate this precedent is regularly followed.

As far as the saying of that FCA is concerned, it must be relating to the period when ICAP did not formulate and disclose 50% pass marks. It must be of the period before that public announcement.

Usman must confirm it from his partner.

Now, there is no chance to bypass the dicslosed/announced rule.

Regards,

is there any benefit of disclosing the 50% pass criteria....when nobody can even check whether he got 50 or not??
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

However, as far as the above post is concerned 83% is quite absurd according to me. I don't think the statement is true and may is exaggerated to some extent.

83% was exactly what he said
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />Dears (specially Usman)

No body can be the president of ICAP for two times; rather, if some body has ever become President of ICAP, after that, he does not even contest the election of council in his life time. This is not a part of law but a precedent and todate this precedent is regularly followed.

As far as the saying of that FCA is concerned, it must be relating to the period when ICAP did not formulate and disclose 50% pass marks. It must be of the period before that public announcement.

Usman must confirm it from his partner.

Now, there is no chance to bypass the dicslosed/announced rule.

Regards,

It may relate to the prior period when ICAP did not formulate & disclose 50% pass marks. I won't be able to confirm it soon because of exam leaves -)
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by noman</i>
<br />is there any benefit of disclosing the 50% pass criteria....when nobody can even check whether he got 50 or not??

ICAP should disclose the marks of the students . It will definitely help them to judge their performance .
Pages: 1 2