Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Competition Ordinance not examinable in June2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had asked ICAP whether competition ordinancee will be examined,as the ordinance has lapsed recently.

icap confirmed that it will NOT BE TESTED IN JUNE 2010 CORPORATE LAW PAPER
The Competition Ordinance has been promulgated on 18 April 2010.

Regards,
sorry sir Kamran there is no competition law in Pakistan.
the ordinance promulgated by zardari lapsed after 120 days and within that period only NA PASSED competition bill. It is now under the consideration of senate committee.

the president has no authority to re-promulgate the ordinance which has already lapsed
O cmon, who cares whether it has been promulgated or not, all I wanna know is whether it will be examined in Summer 2010 session or not????
It wont, besides why does it even matter, it is one of the easier topics in Corporate Laws syllabus. There are only three or four places in this ordinance which can be tested by the examiner.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by VITAL</i>
<br />sorry sir Kamran there is no competition law in Pakistan.
the ordinance promulgated by zardari lapsed after 120 days and within that period only NA PASSED competition bill. It is now under the consideration of senate committee.

the president has no authority to re-promulgate the ordinance which has already lapsed
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Vital

CCP has confirmed in writing that Competition Ordinance has been promulgated on 18 April 2010 and certainly if it has happened, it must be carrying Senate's approval.

Regards,

first ICAP clearly states that it will not be examined in the upcoming attempt
second sir KAMRAN where do you read that statement.
zardari promulgated price control ordinance or something like that not competition ordinance.
@VITAL
http//www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/dawn-content-library/dawn/the-newspaper/front-page/competition-law-repromulgated-on-18th-official-340
Vital

I am not commenting on whether or not it will be examined.

I confirmed from CPP through e-mail. Skha has also provided you a link to check.

Regards,

in my above first statement i am not replying to you SIR KAMRAN.
second i am not proving you wrong since you are far more senior and qualified person. the point i am raising is that zardari has no authority to re-promulgate a ordinance which he has already promulgated and that has lapsed after 120 days becoz of no endorsement from the parliment during that period.
if there is a competition ordinance 2010 then it will be unconstitutional.
and second why ICAP has excluded it from the syllabus as it only lapsed on 25 march and came into force on 18 april. the reason is that there is now no competition law in pakistan and ccp officials are waiting for senate approval of the bill.
and what about Take over ordinance???? I was told that even take over ordinance wont be examined in the upcoming exams of Module E.
Vital

None of my comments are/were intended to pass a "judgment" on the validity of any law.

I guess it is not our authority to do it; regardless of whoever has promulgated it. If some one is aggrieved he can, however, knock the court's door.

By the way, unless any ordinance is declared invalid or void ab initio, in our personal capacity we cannot deny its outright existence; and that’s what CCP is currently doing.

None of the CCP official, practically is waiting for anything. They are committed with what has been promulgated (since its non promulgation has already been criticized by them) and are advising all applicants to follow it.

I am currently engaged (as part of consortia) in advising an acquisition of majority stake with management control; and same directions have been received by the acquirers from CCP on all written inquiries.

I know you are not proving any one wrong.

Regards,

KAMRAN.