Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Failed 3 ACCA papers, thinking of doing Masters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am ACCA student with 4 papers cleared, attempted 3 papers in last session Dec 2009 and failed all which disheartened me so must that i started to think to quit especially i m a full time working lady.
I have been thinking to go for a Master's studies to at least have a master degree and feel it more worth doing...Do u guys think i shud go for Masters and if so would M.com be a right choice or MBA finance from any private university of Islamabad ?...by the way i m done a b.com and may have to leave abroad to take care of brother's business in Dubai. Please advise??.... i m stranded to take any good decision.

Well there are many factors for you to consider..financial resources,time and the fact that you might go to Dubai.Since you are a working lady,you don't have alot of time to study.If you can even give 2 acca papers at a time and pass them everytime,that would be beneficial especially because it's internationally recognized and useful in Dubai.If money is not a problem that is.Don't be disheartened because you couldn't clear your 3 prayers.In my institute,most students take 2 or 3 papers at a time and only rare ones take 4.You have a day job too so 2 would be enough.
If financial resources are limited,why not switch to Pakistani CA?Both of these options are better than M.Com in terms of pay and employment.If you are really stuck and can't decide what to do even after careful thinking and consultation with others,do istikhara between all the options and you will find the right one for you.Good luck!