Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Something New Is Coming In CA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
<b></b><b>Something New Is Coming</b>

people are now saying that ICAP will introduce new subjects

1. financial risk management
2. corporate finance
these two will replace BFD

3 performance management
4 decision making skills
these two will replace management accounting

there will be a G module...

i can sense that something new is coming to energize CA profession and stay ahead in competition

how u look at these things

if u see th e sylbs of the both sbjcts its sufficient .

it will only be a new burden 2 stdts.

thx
is this news really true????icap is going to introduce another module,,, pehle kam mods thay(
this is not breaking news
there are theories regarding new developments in CA qualification
ICAP recently received comments from its members regarding above matters
Whats your source for this?

If this is true I hope its a rearrangement of subjects rather than addition.

Whether this happens or not only time will tell I guess but I can also tell you that we can expect some changes in the future as I've heard personally from one of the people on the ICAP education committee that there will be some big changes in the future.
my teachers ( ICAP members ) are my source
about 4 months ago there was ICAP online survey through its website regarding this
i personally feel that there will be no G module but there will be new subjects and some resuffling of subjects between modules
if member of ICAP education committee is saying that there will be big changes then there will be big changes
no doubt left so everyone should pull up their socks
There are chances that here the entire syllabus of ICAEW is adopted 'as it is' / without any material alteration, except for taxation and corporate law papers.

Discussions are going on and let's see what eventually comes out.

It is intended that paper setting, exminations and papers checking would be done locally, while all study materials, syllabus and study tools of ICAEW will be used to align/equate the educational base of the profession in Pakistan with international bodies.

This will eventually enhance the exemptions with all international bodies under MRAs. This is a longer term objective and I believe would be significantly beneficial for you all.

The above is based on various discussions going on in the circles.

However, rest assured, bigger changes are on their way.

Regards,
Thank you Kamran bhai for giving your important thoughts on most important topic relating to chartered accountancy. people are taking it as a joke or fake news but only few professional minded realize that new developments are the need of hour. Kamran bhai students feel that ICAP' examinations are much tough than those of ICAEW.

If it will happen i think it is good and easy and really beneficial
Change in examination policy is the first step of this process. ICAP did not relax its exam policy without any reason.
now the question in front of us is that when it will happen.
Any idea when this change will be implemented...............??????????
why you want to know? you are a-level student

no one knows except ICAP senior officials.
Dear Kamran Bahi,
We'll be very pleased for your guidance that,'' Could we consider that the previous change in icap policies (exam/removel of bad failure etc,.)and current expectation of changes in various policies/dimensions, shows that icap is working to enhance this profession in national/international market to meet the demand of CAs and attain best position in local/foreign markets, after current recession?

In last news letter of icap it is mentioned that icap is going to establish its more regional offices in some cities..

If anybody have seen the last two cfo conferences, it may be assessed that the role of CA has been changing since last few decades, from accounting/auditing to top financial magmt and towards the business leadership as many CA's are working as CEOs and president of corporates,,
and president of icap suggested that as role of CA have changed so CFO name should change to CPO (chief planning officer)..,

So according to my point of view there are multiple factors may cause big changes in CA profession, and one of them could be extracted as now CAs should study the course which sustain, develop, and take them into corporate leadership/mangmt/strategic planning,,?[)]
Well, lets hope for the best but this is true that CAs are no more playing the role of accountants. They are (and should) be diverted to management and strategic positions.
Historically CAs have never been playing the role of MERELY accountants, so it is incorrect to say that CAs are no more playing role of accountants and they should divert to management or strategic positions. CAs were never merely accountants.

You are young people and you need to know the history. CAs had been playing out of the box roles in the economy since the outset. There can be produced a long list of such names who had historically brought turnaround through their capabilities in public as well private sector be it FBR, SBP, CLA, SECP, Pakistan’s biggest and best Mutual Fund i.e. NIT, or whatever.

The purpose of current reforms is definitely to expand the Pakistani qualification cross regionally by achieving the best incentives for members. The examination methodology adopted locally has ideally played its role with all the transparency and quality. Yet there is a need to align or standardize the syllabus lay out as per international benchmarks so that no body compares content to content elements while entering into MRAs etc.

I believe so much would be achieved during the tenure of this council. Although Pakistani CAs carry very strong repo for their quality internationally, yet over the time their acceptability will further improve and establish at cross border avenues and the steps currently taken will make others to know our professionals more closely. That's why I believe establishment of chapters outside Pakistan is a very positive step.

I don't feel adopting any international body's syllabus will relax our examination standards. I have already informed that it is about syllabus contents, study material and approach. It's not about paper setting, examination and paper checking. Our standard is not going to be loosening up. Rest assured.

One further thing, although I believe that there should be no regional or economic barriers on education, knowledge and qualification, yet I feel the position of ACCA is going to be further tightened locally in coming days. Don't take it negatively please. It's merely an assessment, rather, prediction.

Let's see what future comes up with. Hope for the best.

Regards,
<b>If you want other people to do a good job give them a good job to do</b>

In the e-learning section of ICAP website there is a presentation on the topic "approaching business management paper". A extract from this website is as follows;

Pass Rate
CIMA Business Strategy 50%
ACCA Strategic Business Planning and Development 50%
ICAEW Business Management 80%
ICAP Business Management 15 -20%

After viewing this presentation I thought why CA students are displaying such poor performance. What are the reasons of their poor performance?
The fact is that this is not the case with one subject. In CA it starts to happen from B module and continues until the completion of F module and after facing all these hardships we proudly say CA is the toughest one. Even some students and beginners say that it is near to impossible to become CA. It is not the nature of CA that makes it difficult. It is the .... policies of ICAP that make it difficult. The subjects in our field are far less complex as compared to medical field. In medical field there are heavy medical terminologies and post-mortem or operation sorts of things. A field full of blood. This is not case with CA. During training we conduct audit etc. We learn by doing and get stipend in return. However there are certain issues that the trainee students are facing which I am not discussing here.
Then the question is that what are the policies that ICAP pursues that make our life difficult and give us a lot of stress to cope with? These policies centers around our syllabus, papers and study material.
Look at this forum CA students are confused about the choice of books. They repeatedly ask about which books to read. Even E module student is consulting about books. ICAP has recommended enough books for every subject but CA students are still searching. They are searching for book that is of high quality ( not quality of PBP ) ,the contents of which are exactly in accordance with syllabus and that they have surety that they can respond to exam questions on the basis of what they have learnt and practiced but they find nothing that they are searching about. The result is that a CA student is always centered around by many books on each subject. These foreign authors' books are not in compatible with our syllabus. There are some questions in papers the solutions of which we only find in ICAP solutions.
To become qualified a CA student puts in an enormous amount of effort and spends a lot of time during that period. In contrast ACCA students are blessed with high quality study materials which exactly match their needs. No doubt they have to study and learn very well to qualify but they have not to bear extra unnecessary effort. The result is that they qualify in 2-2.5 years and we, CA students, again proudly say CA is toughest because of reasons you know.
If ICAP had well-refined syllabus and study material that exactly match our needs we would have avoided unnecessary effort and stress and saved a lot of time. It is so painful to go through the years of CA education. A field full of tears.
Now the time has come where change is inevitable. ICAP should equate its own syllabus with that of ICAEW and adopt their study material and even some exam and training policies as necessary. This will give PAK CA the credit he deserves. This will enhance the international recognition of ICAP and its qualification. If this will happen the CA student will put his input effort in the right direction and make the best use of his ability and enjoy the world-wide recognition.

So ICAP uncles should hurry up, develop high quality study material ( gripping IFRS is the first one) and frame the new policy that brings benefits for all those connected to ICAP instead of giving discounts.

If ICAP wants CA students to show good performance then ICAP should give them high quality study material to learn
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kamranACA</i>
<br />There are chances that here the entire syllabus of ICAEW is adopted 'as it is' / without any material alteration, except for taxation and corporate law papers.

Discussions are going on and let's see what eventually comes out.

It is intended that paper setting, exminations and papers checking would be done locally, while all study materials, syllabus and study tools of ICAEW will be used to align/equate the educational base of the profession in Pakistan with international bodies.

This will eventually enhance the exemptions with all international bodies under MRAs. This is a longer term objective and I believe would be significantly beneficial for you all.

The above is based on various discussions going on in the circles.

However, rest assured, bigger changes are on their way.

Regards,

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Kamran bhai why doesn't ICAP develop its own curriculum instead of copying ICAEW?They should restructure there existing course(we should not follow Bangladeshi CA as they r also thinking to adopt ICAEW structure for quite some time).There r good enough people to create world class curriculum.As far as exemptions r concerned these r more dependant on negotiations and bargaining(Indian CA has got more exemptions without changing their CA structure e.g they get 4 module exemptions out of 5 from ICAA while ICAP gets zero).
Anyhow if it happens and ICAP adopts ICAEW course then they should allow more exemptions to ACCA/CIMA as the ICAEW is doing(12 exemptions for ACCA in ICAEW).
Regards.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11