Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Bcom at Age 31
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello fellows

I came across this forum today as i was diving into google. My question is unique as i am in an absolute dilema about what to do.

I am 31 and did my Fsc(General science)in 1998 from fedral boad. I failed in BA and stopped studying. Now i wanna do Bcom to get myself some degree to approach a good Job.

How long does it take to do Bcom in pakistan and what if i do it from Virtual universty.
Is it better to do privately?

I will appriciate a good advice.
Thanks
ok.. first of all.. hats off as you have the courage to go back to studies after such a long time.. bcom is normally of 2 years. however, you can do it in 1 year if you want by giving both parts. there is no need to go to virtual university or doing private, you can even do regular (if you want). take govt commerce for eg.. you have to just pay their fees and get enrolled ( which is simple). then there is no need to attend the classes and you can just give the exams.

But since you are 31, regular will look a little odd so you can register privately.. bcom is not hard and very easy to pass.. so dont worry and best of luck
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by arsenal.gooner</i>
<br />ok.. first of all.. hats off as you have the courage to go back to studies after such a long time.. bcom is normally of 2 years. however, you can do it in 1 year if you want by giving both parts. there is no need to go to virtual university or doing private, you can even do regular (if you want). take govt commerce for eg.. you have to just pay their fees and get enrolled ( which is simple). then there is no need to attend the classes and you can just give the exams.

But since you are 31, regular will look a little odd so you can register privately.. bcom is not hard and very easy to pass.. so dont worry and best of luck
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Well..Yeah..its about time.

Someone even told me not to waste time and offered a fake BA degree. But somehow i know it could put me in trouble later on.

Therefore i'm gonna do it through proper channel.

Pardon me but i didnt get the Govt commerce thing in your answer. Whats the harm in Virtual university? Please elaborate.
If private is the way to go then please tell me where can i get good info.

well.. there is no harm in virtual university but there is no benefit either.. as for doing private, you just need to register and submit the examination form.. follow ku's website to know when the forms are released and the last dates and all..
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by arsenal.gooner</i>
<br />well.. there is no harm in virtual university but there is no benefit either.. as for doing private, you just need to register and submit the examination form.. follow ku's website to know when the forms are released and the last dates and all..
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Ok
I live in Rawalpindi so i would be sending my forms by post. I folowed punjab university website and there are two types of forms available for private candidates.

1. Registration Form for Bcom private candidates
2. Examination Admission Forms for Bcom private candidates

Which one should be filled and sent in my case.

Here are the links

http//www.pu.edu.pk/examinations/forms/private_bcom-form.asp

http//www.pu.edu.pk/examinations/forms/registration-form.asp
first you will register using the first form and then register for exams with the second one