Accountancy Forum

Full Version: difference b/w Excise duty and Special Excise Duty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any difference between Excise duty and Special Excise Duty?
JI 1 hi duty hay, kuch items par excise duty lagti hay or kuch par excise duty k sath mazeed special excise duty lagti hay.
the duty of 1% which v pay on some items with sales tax is called <font color="orange">EXCISE DUTY </font id="orange"> or <font color="orange">SPECIAL EXCISE DUTY or FEDERAL EXCISE DUTY?</font id="orange">
Special excise duty is chargeable on all items (whether or not chargeable to Federal excise duty) mention in Pakistan Customs Tariff excluding only the items mentioned in the table contained in SRO 655(I)/2007 dated 29.06.2007. Special excise duty is also chargeable on the items specified in SRO 644(i)/2007 dated 27.06.2007 i.e the items chargeable to sales tax @ 18.5% or21%.

Special excise duty is only chargeable on one time basis either at import stage in case of imported goods or at production/manufacturing stage in case of locally produced goods with the provision for adjustment of special excise duty already paid at import or local stage. Hence, special excise duty is not chargeable on wholesale, distribution or retail stage.
Special Excise duty is 1% , it comes under Excise duty.

Olympia baji,,,,

mujhay na excise ki itni knowledge nahi hay is liye may explane nahi kar sakta zayada isy. baki 1% SED hi hoti hay mery khayal may, kyon k FEB k to rate mukhtalif han fixed nahi har item par.
thnks for ur opinion & time to reply