Accountancy Forum

Full Version: FRESH ACA OPPOURTUNITES AND CHALLANGES
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Asalam-o-Alaikum
ALL Respected forum members
i Alhumdullilah Recently Qualified CA within my articles (ending NOvember 30 ,2010)
i am currently serving in one of the most reputable firm in pakistan as well as Globally.i have experience of working both in audit as well as RAS.

I would request seniors belonging to this profession to please guide me the best course of action available to me.

My key Questions are as follows

1)what next qualification shall i idealy get registered for ACCA/CIMA/CFA/ICAEW?

2)whether i should stay in Firm or pursue career in industry ? what are the long term pros and cons of both?

3) whether i should plan a carrer abroad ? or pakistan?
and if abroad can i enter into UK based of ACA ICAP?

4) where shall i begin my job search? how?

please discuss the above questions as they would definately be relevent to many people like me!

thanks
FiAMANULLAH
yar koi to reply karay kya yahan koi be is ka reply karnay ki liye eligible nahne??
Am facing the same dilemma as well. Also qualified in June, 2010 attempt (Alhumdullilah) and articles are going to end towards the end of this year. So like you I am also confused.
An Extract from July Newsletter

"The Southern Regional Committee of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan organized a program on “Career Counseling and Grooming Session” on 22 July 2010 for young Chartered Accountants. The objective of the program was to provide guidance for career path selection, barriers in choosing the employer, choosing the right direction, interview preparation and how to be more presentable in the current competitive environment. Mr. Abdul Rahim Suriya, President ICAP, in his welcome speech stated that these types of programs are usually organized for intermediate and A level students, but realizing the need of our young members, the Institute has organized this session.
Mr. Shakeel Mapara, Director Human Resources, Sanofi-aventis Pakistan, a renowned Trainer and HR Expert said that hunting for career is a daunting task. There should be a balance between financial gains and personal satisfaction. He suggested young members to study career guidance books and articles and research the organization’s background before appearing in an interview. He further emphasized that young members should plan their career with a long term focus as short term financial gain often cause long term pain. While Ms. Onaiza Khan, HR Manager, Sanofi- aventis, provided an insight about projecting a positive professional image in an interview that best gives a competitive advantage. Ninety four members attended the session and it was very well appreciated by young CAs. The members at Islamabad and Lahore also got benefit from the session through video conferencing. As a part of its CSR Sanofi- aventis had offered its services to ICAP to guide young CAs for career selection free of cost."

I can expect that the next session/program will be in the month of December.

lets hope it happens soon!!!
first thing that you can do is..i think is ICAEW..because u will have to give only a few papers and i think now icap training is also recognised by icaew...so that will be just a quicky for u..
@imdad
salam bro
first of all congrats you have qualified CA.
i m also doing CA now in mod B.I just want tknow how you study?
what books you used for mod C and D?
what was your exam approach?
how much you study?
did you use one book or various books for same subject?

kindly reply

regards
@ NOMAN
brother i contacted icap they said that i can only do icaew once i am absorbed as a member of the institute means i have to wait till november 30,2010 when my articles ends

Quote]<i>Originally posted by noman</i>
<br />first thing that you can do is..i think is ICAEW..because u will have to give only a few papers and i think now icap training is also recognised by icaew...so that will be just a quicky for u..
[/quote]
Wailkum Salam Brother

First of all thanks for congratulating..its All ALlah s Blessing

now coming to acedemic side.
honestly speaking i didnt had much trouble form A to D modules i got my classes at tabani school of accoutancy.its too simple...

1)save time i mean limit your wastage like limiting outing,internet,games and tv

2)offer prayers regularly this sharpens your memory.

3)practice with the teacher infact ahead of him.What so ever happens in class u should go home and practice or cram it on the same day dont wait for preparation days always remained prepared.

4)do past papers since inception when ever a topic is completed

5)and when u you get in to the next module dont wait for the result of the previous module study like as if u have passed the previous module and dont waste time.

Best of luck more queries are always welcome

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by popeye</i>
<br />@imdad
salam bro
first of all congrats you have qualified CA.
i m also doing CA now in mod B.I just want tknow how you study?
what books you used for mod C and D?
what was your exam approach?
how much you study?
did you use one book or various books for same subject?

kindly reply

regards
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
imdad

If you don't ask me to go at length for reasoning to support my suggestions, these go as under

1)what next qualification shall i idealy get registered for ACCA/CIMA/CFA/ICAEW?

ICAEW is best if you wish to stick to the basic professional premise for longer run. However, if u wish to have a diversification then CFA is best.

2)whether i should stay in Firm or pursue career in industry ? what are the long term pros and cons of both?

Profession needs you to wait so long (8 to 15 years) to get to the desired level in terms of position as well earning; however, at the same time it gives exposure, respect and elevation far more than the industry. If some one clicks the appropriate position at industry, it as well is not a bad choice. However, the basic parameter to decide is the level of organization and the position being offered.

3) whether i should plan a carrer abroad ? or pakistan?
and if abroad can i enter into UK based of ACA ICAP?

If you wish to settle abroad Middle East is best followed by UK and Australia. At Australia, it is a bit costly to settle down. Yet, middle east is best as you can grow there with Pakistani CA very well. At UK and Aus you will have to add on something for getting good market acceptability.

4) where shall i begin my job search? how?

Right from the mother organization; if they need you; and/or the clients where you have worked and have some insight. Other choices are to contact seniors and friends in industry or profession.

Regards,

@imdad
thnx for the advices
@ Kamran bhai thanks for your fruitful Insight and advices!
my opinion is....
even if one wants to move into industry its better to stay at firm for 2-3 years...since you will get top level experience (which you don't get in articles) of various organisations and industries...you will have a greater opportunity to develop your network of contacts with high ups and when u enter industry you will be in a much more competitive position...
@nauman but yar...firm audit section situation is terrible it would be very hectik as banks year end would be in december...in my firm managers stay in firm more than they stay at home!! in normal routine!!! and furthermore firm doesnot retain all ..and if retain if is accompained by a commitment period...during which if u get any good job oppourtunities that will definately be missed!!
yes..thats always true for firm...u will get ur ass kicked ...but again..no pain no gain...it depends on priorities....i was talking about strictly professional goals etc...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6