Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Sales Tax S.R.O. 525(I)/2008
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any one explain this

“5. Levy and rate of tax.– (1) A retailer operating under these rules shall charge and collect sales tax at the rates as mentioned in column (3) Contd...
http://http//www.cbr.gov.pk/newst/Sros/2...SRO525.pdf

This month we purchased few electronic items i.e deepfreezer they charge extra tax of 0.75 in addition to 17% normal tax. Now where will show this extra tax in our sales tax return.
"Annex-A Summary of Domestic Purchases" may Extra Tax ka column hay wahan par show karyn gay.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by LapTop</i>
<br />"Annex-A Summary of Domestic Purchases" may Extra Tax ka column hay wahan par show karyn gay.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Thank u laptop.. Yai SRO Retailers kai liye hai ? or mujhay 0.75% tax laganay ki samjh nahi aiye
SPECIAL PROCEDURE FOR PAYMENT OF EXTRA SALES TAX ON SPECIFIED ELECTRIC HOME APPLIANCES

58S. Application.--The provisions of this Chapter shall apply to the supplies of electric home appliances namely, television sets, refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, electric ovens, microwave ovens, washing machines, spin dryers, and DVD/CD players of all types, hereinafter referred to as specified electric goods in this Chapter.

58T. Mode, manner and rate applicable for payment of extra amount of tax.
-- (1) Extra amount of sales tax at the rate of 0.75% of value of supplies shall be levied and collected on the supplies of all specified electric goods by manufacturers and importers in addition to the tax payable under sub-sections (1) and (2) of section 3 of the Act, as the case may be.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by LapTop</i>
<br />SPECIAL PROCEDURE FOR PAYMENT OF EXTRA SALES TAX ON SPECIFIED ELECTRIC HOME APPLIANCES

58S. Application.--The provisions of this Chapter shall apply to the supplies of electric home appliances namely, television sets, refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, electric ovens, microwave ovens, washing machines, spin dryers, and DVD/CD players of all types, hereinafter referred to as specified electric goods in this Chapter.

-- (1) Extra amount of sales tax at the rate of 0.75% of value of supplies shall be levied and collected on the supplies of all specified electric goods by manufacturers and importers in addition to the tax payable under sub-sections (1) and (2) of section 3 of the Act, as the case may be.

Now Its more clear Thanks Dear
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bashi</i>
<br />[quote]<i>Originally posted by LapTop</i>
<br />SPECIAL PROCEDURE FOR PAYMENT OF EXTRA SALES TAX ON SPECIFIED ELECTRIC HOME APPLIANCES

How can we show the Sales? Exempt means Only the value excluding Sales Tax or we have to add FED/SED with this value?

For Example

Value Exl ST---- ST(17%)---Extra Tax(0.75%)-- SED(2.5%)-- FED (10%)

119,296 ----------20,280-----894--------------2,982--------11,930

Total 155,382

Now i Want to Sale this item what i will do? which value i will show in my output invoice. I know after paying extra tax it will be exempt.

As 58T(5) of SRO 525(I)/2008 dated 11-06-2008
"The Specified electric goods on which extra sales tax has been paid in the aforesaid manner shall be exempt from payment of sales tax on subsequent supplies including those as made by retailer"