Accountancy Forum

Full Version: career guidance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Salam ,

M.rehan here

quick question ladies and gents ,

i am a matriculation student 24 years of age , yes 24 , opting for acca and different courses eventually , i wanted to know if i finish my intermediate in commerce icom from private secondary board with a decent score approx 55 to 65% will this be enough for me to enter cat for acca, eligibilty criteria ?

talking about long term goals lets say if i want to finish my studies here and go abroad the most suitable course is acca as heard do articleship or intern from a firm with a side cima or cfa course and go abroad for job , so all this could take 8 or 9 years , so naturally i would be around 32 to 33 years till then , would my age factor come into question or would be a drawback when applying for a job ?
You are even eligible now for ACCA. Yes, there is one "Mature Age" route, which allows candidates to join ACCA qualification if they are above 21.

log on to http//www.accaglobal.com/join/acca/entry and search for Admission eligibility criteria's.

I dont think CIMA and CFA are easy enough that you can take it as a side course along with ACCA [D]

Regards.
holy shiz didnt knew the "MSER" existed thanks for pointing that out which solves half of my problem but , have no clue about accounting how should one start if he goes through Mature route , how would one cover basic ground for accounting if he doesnt know a to z of it , need further info on that or one should directly start with CAT .

secondly if one goes through this route will it affect my portfolio with no intermediate education or is it a okay to GO , will all depend on percentage marks , first attempts , communication , work skills , presentation and much more ?

I dont think CIMA and CFA are easy enough that you can take it as a side course along with ACCA

not even when doing articleship ? [)] do people recommend doing CIMA or CFA after ACCA .

Considering your Age Factor, It will be more better to start ACCA directly rather to spent another 1 or 1.5 year in CAT. AccA will start you from basics, Thats why they said that there is no prior academic qualification required.

I think student in days of their Article-ship spend lot of hours in Firm, and eventually didn't get enough time to justify preparation of any other Professional qualification.

All The Best.

Regards.

Kya hua tum log itna hass kyun rahay ho ?????? heheheh

absolutely correct yasir_live , read somewhere that you have the option to tick maybe english and maths when registering something like that so yeah this sums it up .

what important things should i know before registering from a already acca affiliate p.o.v ?

yeah i should go through accaglobal's website and then ask questions [D]

thanks man i need a lot of luck .

Dear babloo.

Dont be afraid of your Age. There is one member in forum who started her AccA at age of 47 and she completed it, And now she is working as Internal Auditor in Ernst & Young. Try to ask her also, she will motivate you. Her name is Wardah.

Regards.
@yasir......dear maira is user name py hsna bnd ni horha tha k nichy tumhari post hahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahaa bus krdoooooooo mai to ye b ni keh skti tumko k ptri sy kio utr jatay ho as tum to utry hi rehty ho ptri py chrhty km km hi ho hahahahaha (ab bhag lo yahan sy ni to bohat shiknian hongi idher hahahhahaha)

Dear Is user Name "Babloo" per mujhay bhi kafi hassi i thi lakin Main nay koi comment nahi kia.....Pata nahi kya soch kar iss nay yeh user name rakha tha........Dear main pehlay hi iss thread say kut chuka hun....Iss say pehlay k babloo xiada tafseel main jai ) Aur mari asliat samnay ajai hahahahahaha..........

Regards.

i dont understand , is something funny about my nick or my asked questions ? i still have time to decide so will be researching what to do or not will be asking questions periodically , hope to see sincere opinions from fellow members and serious ones thankyou .

Nothing is funny in your user name or asked question. Take your proper time, It's good to do research on your desried Targets.

Regards.
@babloo....ni babloo nick ka itna msla b nahin hai ye yasir ny jo b tareefi kalmaat mairay liey kahay mujhy to un py hsi aarahi thi.....mainy to starting post prhi b ni thi but abhi ghor kiya to aik baat to btao gr bura na mano to plzzzzz as u said u r of 24.....or sath mai matriculation ka btaya.ye kia chaker hai? mainy to masters hi 22 age mai kr lia tha.tum kio ni kr pae abhi tk koi issue hai?? plz share.
Regards,

Haan yeh baat thori tense kisam ki hay......Babloo may have to struggle very hard to achieve his Targets. May Allah give him enough Strength. Perh likh kar Babloo ek din apna naam roshan karega........Aur log babloo ki misalain dain gay.

Regards.
It depends on the university that what type of criteria they have. But if you get 65% in intermediate then i dont think that it ill be any problem in applying in cat, acca.