Accountancy Forum

Full Version: acca from uk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello. im interested in the field of accounting and auditing. i would like to do ACCA from Uk. i would like some help on it. what benefits will i get from doing it from UK? also i plan to do ICAEW in future after ACCA and i heard that in pakistan, there are no or very less number of training vacancies for ICAEW. so if i go to UK, do my ACCA there and then train for ICAEW, will i have any problems? i mean the economy is continiously growing there and auditors are needed so it's a good way to complete the PER and to train for ICAEW.
what do u think? help is appreciated.
thank you,
yasir
To the best of my knowledge, ACCA and ICAEW are two alternative option. I mean you choose one of them and not do one after the other. ICAEW, I think, is more preferred in UK because of its formal structure. Other than the fact you have more opportunities due to the bigger size of market, I don't think there is any big difference between studying in Pakistan or UK. I read somewhere that in US law is the biggest profession and in UK accountancy, just to indicate the scope of accountancy work in UK. Hope some senior member of this forum may correct if I have said something wrong.