Accountancy Forum

Full Version: CFA after ACA??? (from USA)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i have finished my ACCA and now starting ACA. I came across the CFA program online one day and when researched a bit, i found it can lead one to a very bright future. In the current job market the ACCA qualification is so saturated that one has to stand-out and be a little different then others to get the job. I'm planning to do CFA after my ACA, and might even do for MSC.finance from LSBF. Is this a good idea?

Oh and another thing, can i do my CFA from USA? If so, then from where? can you kindly name any universities or institutes that offer this program?
I realy need help and would appreciate anyone's help, fee free to guide me and even criticize! [)]
c'mon people!!!
give me sum answers please )
If you want to do CFA then why do ACA? I recommend go for it directly. You already have an accountancy qualification
first of all, you should have started this thread in the careers part of the forum.

And by finished you mean, you've become a member of the ACCA or you're just an affiliate? And if anyone could please correct me if im wrong but it is rare for ACCA affiliates to be given an ICAEW contract from the big4 firms right?
I heard they first induct you as an ACCA trainee, then after one year they can give the ICAEW contract, but there are few of them. There are other good firms offering ICAEW contract. Why not try them?
Could you please name them, as I have very limited knowledge about these firms (Apart from the big5ish).

And which big4 firms give out such contracts? KPMG is one that I know of, who who else?

Visit [url="http//www.ewpakistan.com/downloads/List%20of%20ATOs.pdf"]<b>ICAEW Approved Training Employer list.pdf</b>[/url] and
[url="http//www.icaewfirms.co.uk/public/worldwide.php"]<b>ICAEW directory of firms</b>[/url]
We all know about that list ..

Also I think we all know thats not the case here in Pakistan, even ICAEW registered firms here hesitate to give out ICAEW contracts here.

However if any1 else has specific knowledge about which "particular" firms like mid tier ones give out ICAEW contracts please share it in this thread or make a new thread so everyone can benefit from that knowledge.. I mean to say, there isnt any comprehensive list regarding ICAEW contracts so yea...
They aren't registered for no reason. They do give out ICAEW contracts, but very few, especially on reference.