Accountancy Forum

Full Version: how to become tax Practitioner need guidence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
this is an ACCA Affiliate , currently working as internee in outsourcing firm
sir i have one question in mind
i have intrest to pursue career in Taxation as i have intention to stay in pakistan so my area of
intrest is pakistan Taxation but i have read UK Taxation Paper & not attempted Advance Taxation
Is it Possible for me to pursue career as Tax consultant/advisor/practitioner in pakistan
according to FBR Eligibility Criteria
what path i have to follow to bacome tax consultant/advisor & start my own firm through
ACCA or I have to do ICAP or ICMAP to Become Tax Practioner

Anxiously Waiting for your reply
as limited time to avail exemption of ICAP if ICAP is only Way to become Practioner
Please follow the link below

www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1229&SearchTerms=ITP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ITP - refers to Income Tax Practitioner... following people can register themselves as ITP

A Practicing lawyer (having articled n number of years with an Income tax lawyer){LLB}

A part qualified cost accountant / Qualified ACMA {ICMAP}

A part qualified chartered accountant / Qualified CA {ICAP}

A Qualified Public accountant (APA).{PIPFA}

In Pakistan most of the big corporate tax accounts are held by firms of Chartered Accountants, a lot of other Tax accounts are handled by other ITPs...

A lot more depends on what your future aspirations are; to be an ITP,.. a broader accounting - tax career ?? ofcourse how much time and money you can invest in realising your career ?? posted by Pracs
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LLB www.ku.edu.pk

LLB www.fuuast.edu.pk/english

ICAP www.icap.org.pk

ICMAP www.icmap.com.pk

PIPFA www.pipfa.org.pk

Please visit following Links

http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3523&SearchTerms=how,to,become,tax,Practitioner

&

http//www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1229&SearchTerms=how,to,become,tax,Practitioner

Regards

Mahtab
I am offering Online Training of E filing of Income and Sales tax .Student will take this training online .For further info contact siddiquis2001@yahoo.com
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by samm1087</i>
<br />Hi
this is an ACCA Affiliate , currently working as internee in outsourcing firm
sir i have one question in mind
i have intrest to pursue career in Taxation as i have intention to stay in pakistan so my area of
intrest is pakistan Taxation but i have read UK Taxation Paper & not attempted Advance Taxation
Is it Possible for me to pursue career as Tax consultant/advisor/practitioner in pakistan
according to FBR Eligibility Criteria
what path i have to follow to bacome tax consultant/advisor & start my own firm through
ACCA or I have to do ICAP or ICMAP to Become Tax Practioner

Anxiously Waiting for your reply
as limited time to avail exemption of ICAP if ICAP is only Way to become Practioner

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

As you mentioned in you post that you are an Affiliate of ACCA, so As per Section 223 of Income Tax Ordinance, 2001 you can apply to FBR to practice as Income Tax Practioner (ITP)under the aforementioned section. As ACCA should be covered within the meaning of "Association of Accountants" as recognized by BOARD (FBR).

Hope this answered your query.

@ information consultant tell me Benefits of this online income & sales Tax training Also tell me procedure of this online training
i.e if someone beyond your approach i.e outstaion
also tell me fee structure & time duration of this course
@ sayub tell me procedure for an ACCA affiliate to become tax advisor if he not want to do ICAP
ICMA or LLB further study
have u any idea
waits for reply
Can an MBA apply for ITP??
Please refer Part X of First schedule to the Income Tax Rules 2002 for application format. Then wait for the response after posting.

Hope this may help you.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by samm1087</i>
<br />@ sayub tell me procedure for an ACCA affiliate to become tax advisor if he not want to do ICAP
ICMA or LLB further study
have u any idea
waits for reply
Yes, MBA can apply for an ITP but one must have chosen and passed Accounting and Income Tax subjects or part of subjects(whether compulsory or optional) in his MBA course.

Hope this will help.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ah_s@msn.com</i>
<br />Can an MBA apply for ITP??
@ information consultant
as u say u r provide online training of tax returns matters
plz provide details i.e mode of training who is beyond your reach how
he get onlin training,fee structure & advantage of getting this training

waits for your reply
anybody with better ideas ,& interest in this forum plz comment