Accountancy Forum

Full Version: ICAP's reply to my email
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is what i wrote

Dear sir,

ICAP was about to allow students to do their training in industry. Could you please tell me whether ICAP is going to allow training in industry or ICAP has changed its decision. I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

ICAP's reply

"Training is only recognize by those firms who are authorize for training . List is available at our website www.icap.org.pk"

If my email was not technically wrong then i am convinced by this reply that ICAP has changed its decision to allow articles in industry.
I am very frustrated by the attitude ICAP has adopted towards its students.
Kya muje koi btaye ga k ICAP ne koi aisa kam kiya hai that would have proved beneficial for students. Any!!!
umar355, yar make phone call to icap(Dir edu n training) regarding this
contacts http//icap.org.pk/web/links/0/contactus.php

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by umar355</i>
<br />Here is what i wrote

Dear sir,

ICAP was about to allow students to do their training in industry. Could you please tell me whether ICAP is going to allow training in industry or ICAP has changed its decision. I look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

ICAP's reply

"Training is only recognize by those firms who are authorize for training . List is available at our website www.icap.org.pk"

If my email was not technically wrong then i am convinced by this reply that ICAP has changed its decision to allow articles in industry.
I am very frustrated by the attitude ICAP has adopted towards its students.
Kya muje koi btaye ga k ICAP ne koi aisa kam kiya hai that would have proved beneficial for students. Any!!!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Some time back ICAP was considering such changes for allowing training in industry. The possible reasons for this could be that the firms were not being able to absorb all CA Inters (especially the big firms)plus some of other international institutions are allowing the same. However, as no development about this was heard of and as evident through the reply of your email such changes are not very likely in near future. In my personal view practical exposure with a CA firm is far better than that in industry as CA firms play a major role in polishing the skills of students. Mostly the accounts, audit and finance professional present in the market have undergone this training.
@Schuaeb I agree with you but firm mein trainees ki jo halat hai ap b us se waqif hon gay. If ICAP is not going to allow training in industry the ICAP must do something for trainees. ICAP should formulate some checks and balances over firms. ICAP allows 40 hours per week but trainees are forced to work 9am to about 7pm
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by umar355</i>
<br />@Schuaeb I agree with you but firm mein trainees ki jo halat hai ap b us se waqif hon gay. If ICAP is not going to allow training in industry the ICAP must do something for trainees. ICAP should formulate some checks and balances over firms. ICAP allows 40 hours per week but trainees are forced to work 9am to about 7pm
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Yes I have been through this period. Your concerns about training, in particular you pointed out towards working late hours, may be equally there in industry. And I can tell you working in a CA firm is easier than in industry and at the same time provides better learning opportunities. Yes you are right training regulations of ICAP provided 40 hours per week and any excess should be compensated in the form of excess leaves. However, things may totally be different in some parts of the year. 9 am to 7 pm you mentioned but it could be much much more than that in some cases. Working long hours when you are indulged in your work may not be that difficult as you are perceiving now and as I said earlier it may be the case with industry as well. In firms there are off seasons as well when work load is considerably less. The thing that makes me concerned about training with approved firms only is that the excess of students as is the case may be exploited by firms by registering them late and also students may face difficulty to find a placement.
Working late hours for trainees is a huge issue. Trainees are being exploited.
Many small firms don't even follow the rules and regulations of ICAP and International Standards on Auditing. When ICAP officials come for a QCR, the firms know in advance when they will come, and only then do they make certain changes to the audit working papers to be reviewed.
In my opinion, working in large corporation is better than working in a small audit firm.