Accountancy Forum

Full Version: question abt ACCA.. help me out plz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im goin to complete my icom this june.. my percentage in firstyear was 80% with 92/100 in accounts...
and i have an olevel background... got an A in accounts back then aswell...
now my main question is..

Can i directly start acca after icom? or will i have to appear for cat/bcom/fia etc?? ive been told that the eligibility criteria has been revised n thus i can appear for it straight away... is that true??
cmon guys 19 ppl hav read this n ive got no reply yet... (
no dear u cant go to ACCA directly after I.com u have to enter in any of the following

1)CAT
2)B.com
3)FIA
Hello Nihal.
Unfortunately with Icom you can not start acca directly and you may have to go through Foundation In Accountancy route. It is a new program introduced by ACCA this year.
But if you want to get into ACCA as early as U can , then it's totally upto you. FIA is not hard. As like CAT it has 3levels, introductory , intermediate and diploma level with 2papers in intro, 2inter and 3 in Dip .
You will still have to sit for 2 more papers to be CAT qualified.
But once you are done till diplomaa level u can transfer ur self to ACCA with 3papers exemption.
i will recommend this pathway.
study till Diploma level of FIA and start ACCA.
All 7papers shall be Computer based and are relatively easier to pass than writing ones, atleast this is what i experienced.
then U will be left with 6 fundamental and 5 profeesional level papers.

or if U want to go for CAT. simply sit 2more papers (writing) and wait for 2months reult and you shall be done with CAT. But i personally wont recommend going for CAT.

Hope the info was helpful.
Best of luck.
ALi
If you want to stay in Pak,then you should go with PIPFA and ACCA has lost its advantages as ICAP has reduced it exemptions for ACCA and there is no point in doing ACCA if you have a deaire of becoming a CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT from ICAP.

Go ahead with PIPFA and it will
1)Cost you far less
2) Lead you to almost same position where now you can reach by ACCA
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by khani8</i>
<br />If you want to stay in Pak,then you should go with PIPFA and ACCA has lost its advantages as ICAP has reduced it exemptions for ACCA and there is no point in doing ACCA if you have a deaire of becoming a CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT from ICAP.

Go ahead with PIPFA and it will
1)Cost you far less
2) Lead you to almost same position where now you can reach by ACCA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

not in a million years can you compare pipfa with acca.. pipfa is invisible.. plz dont go for it .. its a big waste of time and money
agree with arsenal