Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Merger Talks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Reports are that ICAEW, CIMA and CIPFA are engaged in Merger talks. What do you think about such a merger?

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Reports are that ICAEW, CIMA and CIPFA are engaged in Merger talks. What do you think about such a merger?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

Yeah I read that too... I wonder what impact that will have on CIMA and CIPFA qualifieds!

I think they might be considering a single accountancy body by combining these three. Different reports suggests different reasons for the merger but the fact is the same old story of resource allocation. With its current membership base I think three institutes are finding it difficult to rasie money needed for compliance with the regulations and legislation, spcially DTI.

Secondly all three institutes are primarily restricted to UK market thereby generating a severe competition within a saturated market. But whats the match between Financial accounting and audit and the managment accounting?

Again the clever must start planning now, this is inevitable and it will happen sometime in future. The accountancy profession cannot sustain such an expanded base