Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Sales Tax on Advertisement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could any one tell me the SRO # which shows that sales tax is being charged on advertisement?
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by olympia</i>
<br />Could any one tell me the SRO # which shows that sales tax is being charged on advertisement?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Cable ,Radio or TV Advertisement k liye sales tax Special procedure hay..
Outdoor advertisement par sales tax nahi balky FED lagta hay 16% sales tax mode may.

THE SALES TAX SPECIAL ROCEDURE 2007
PART-l ADVERTISEMENTS ON TELEVISION AND RADIO

36. Scope and value.-- ( I) In relation to advertisements, the expression "taxable services" means the services in respect of advertisements--
(a) broadcast or telecast by T.V or radio stations based in Pakistan;
(b) booked in Pakistan for broadcasting or telecasting on TV or radio stations based abroad, whether or not possessing landing rights in Pakistan; and
© transmitted on closed circuit T.V. or cable T.V. network.]

(2) "Value of taxable service" for the purposes of levy of sales tax shall be the total consideration in money received or the gross amount charged by a service provider from his clients for broadcasting or telecasting of any advertisement on radio or television, including all Federal and Provincial levies but excluding the amount of sales tax.

37. Input tax adjustment by the c1ient.-- A registered person (client) whose advertisement is released on radio or television, and to whom the sales tax invoice is issued and routed through the advertising agency, can claim input tax adjustment for the amount of tax paid on account of release of advertisement on radio or television subject to the observance and fulfillment of following conditions, namely-- (a) payments for all such advertisements are made by such registered person through Banking channels in such manner that payment against a particular invoice is easily verified; (b) all invoices issued by the service provider are in accordance with the specimen invoice set out at Annex-B; and

THE SALES TAX SPECIAL ROCEDURE (WITH HOLDING) RULES 2007

(3A) A person mentioned in clause (e) of sub-rule (2) of rule 1, who receives advertisement services, provided or rendered by a person based in Pakistan or abroad, shall deduct the amount of sales tax as mentioned in the invoice issued by the service provider from the payment due to the service provider. In case the sales tax amount is not indicated on the invoice, the recipient shall deduct sales tax at the applicable rate of the value of taxable services from the payment due to the service provider.]

The Federal Excise Act, 2005
TABLE II
EXCISABLE SERVICES)
2a Advertisements in news papers and periodicals (excluding and Classified advertisements) of hoarding boards, poles Signs and sign boards.
thank u laptop......
it means advertisement pe FED VAT mode hota he jo adjustable he
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by olympia</i>
<br />thank u laptop......
it means advertisement pe FED VAT mode hota he jo adjustable he
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Ji bilkul, Outdoor advertisement par 16% FED hay VAT mode may jo k adjustable hay.
shukria laptop