Accountancy Forum

Full Version: Exemption of SED on Tractor Parts Supplied
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
AOA,

We are registered vendors providing tractors parts to manufacturer of agriculture tractors. The manufacturer is not paying us SED, on the pleas that SED is Exempt as per SRO # 1229 dated 18th December 2007. Can Any body tell me whether the manufacturer should pay us SED and then fill claim under law or he should not pay SED to us.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sheikhansar</i>
<br />AOA,

We are registered vendors providing tractors parts to manufacturer of agriculture tractors. The manufacturer is not paying us SED, on the pleas that SED is Exempt as per SRO # 1229 dated 18th December 2007. Can Any body tell me whether the manufacturer should pay us SED and then fill claim under law or he should not pay SED to us.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
SED should be charged and paid to u and they should claim refund.you should charge sed it is necessary acording to law.
But as per SRO Parts as well as tractors are exempt, then why should SED be charged. Further, as this SRO was applicable prior 6 months that is why refund rules were stated to claim SED of prior six months.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sheikhansar</i>
<br />But as per SRO Parts as well as tractors are exempt, then why should SED be charged. Further, as this SRO was applicable prior 6 months that is why refund rules were stated to claim SED of prior six months.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Assalam o alikum,

Dear aren't they paying SED yet.We were having the same problem regarding SED but now it is resolved.

Umar
They have not yet paid SED. Rather they are of the view that we should not charged SED to them. We have Paid amount of SED on those Invoices.