Accountancy Forum
UCP BBA for ACCA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: UCP BBA for ACCA (/showthread.php?tid=6656)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- saleen.super - 02-02-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shani420</i>
<br />Saleen.Super,
This bsc is throughly accepted in UK but u earlier said that u r Canada specific.If true then this degree might not be accepted in some cases(not all) in Canada.Few canadian univs specifically demand a 4 years degree for some of their masters program(not all) e.g univ of waterloo rejected a relative's 3 years degree for their Masters in Accounting and asked for bridging studies.But some univs may accept 3 years degrees.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Thanks for your input, Shani420. I'm not pursuing Brookes' 3/4 yrs BSc degree because its recognized in Pak after fulfilling many conditions. I passed many papers of ACCA on self study. I can't fulfill their attendance record so I don't think its the one for me because if I'm refused admission in Canada, I'd not be able to get admission here in Pak either since it won't be recognized by HEC. Also in Canada you have to provide recommendation letters. Who from Brookes would do that for me?

I'm more interested in UCP's degree as its recognized by HEC Pak (so won't give any problem here in Pak at least) plus the supervision of thesis is conducted by faculty of UCP so recommendation letters might not be an issue.

I have following concerns. Although the degree is 125 credit hours (4 years) but still its been specifically designed for professionals. It would state that its a professional BBA. Although they will award CGPA and also transcripts for 30 subjects but still this is not a regular BBA degree. Will this give any problem in applying for Masters in Canada? I have never studied in uni so I'm complete unaware of their procedures etc.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shani420</i>
<br />Saleen.Super,
This bsc is throughly accepted in UK but u earlier said that u r Canada specific.If true then this degree might not be accepted in some cases(not all) in Canada.Few canadian univs specifically demand a 4 years degree for some of their masters program(not all) e.g univ of waterloo rejected a relative's 3 years degree for their Masters in Accounting and asked for bridging studies.But some univs may accept 3 years degrees.
As per my knowledge, i don't think there is any four years accounting Bachelors degree in the UK. If three years degree isn't accepted in most universities in Canada, then that means any student graduating from Uk can't study in Canada for Masters. That doesn't make sense. Three years degree would be accepted in Canada
arsenal.gooner you can ask the specific university you want to study in, in Canada
Thanks for your input, Dard. All the unis of Canada that I have checked require 4 years undergrad degree. I don't know their rules for degrees from UK but thats what they mention in admission criteria.

- Dard - 02-02-2010

Giving marks for 30 subjects just on the basis of thesis is not fair

- Dard - 02-02-2010

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by saleen.super</i>
<br /> Although they will award CGPA and also transcripts for 30 subjects but still this is not a regular BBA degree. Will this give any problem in applying for Masters in Canada? I have never studied in uni so I'm complete unaware of their procedures etc.
The title doesn't have to be only "BBA". As said earlier, choose few universities first where you want to apply. Then email them and explain about the degree and ask whether or not they will accept admission in their Masters program

- shani420 - 02-02-2010

Dear Dard
Although there r 3 years degrees in England but not in whole of Uk.Few unis in scotland(part of UK) offer 4 year degrees.
Wikipedia webpage regarding ACCA states that full ACCA is considered equal to 4 years degree in Canada(I don't know the actual scenerio).
Majority of US/CANADIAN uni ask for a 4 years degree for Masters(very few accept 3 years for few programs).
My relative with 3 year Newzealand degree studied bridging courses to get himself to an equal level in Canada.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dard</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by saleen.super</i>
<br /> Although they will award CGPA and also transcripts for 30 subjects but still this is not a regular BBA degree. Will this give any problem in applying for Masters in Canada? I have never studied in uni so I'm complete unaware of their procedures etc.
The title doesn't have to be only "BBA". As said earlier, choose few universities first where you want to apply. Then email them and explain about the degree and ask whether or not they will accept admission in their Masters program

I have been doing it. The reason I'm asking here is to get first hand experience if someone has it. The replies I mostly get from unis is just the restatement of admission criteria that they mention on their website or advice to apply and admission committee will decide.

- shani420 - 02-02-2010

Saleen.Super
U said UCP BBA is of 125 C. Hours.Unka MBA kitnay C.Hours ka hai jo Professionals ko available hai?
Another thing.I mailed Lums few days back regardin their MBA and they said that UCP's BBA for ACCA's is acceptable degree for their admission but oxford brokes bsc is currently not accepted.They said that they will accept this bsc if HEC give a letter that it is equal to 4 years degree which is unlikely.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shani420</i>
<br />Saleen.Super
U said UCP BBA is of 125 C. Hours.Unka MBA kitnay C.Hours ka hai jo Professionals ko available hai?
Another thing.I mailed Lums few days back regardin their MBA and they said that UCP's BBA for ACCA's is acceptable degree for their admission but oxford brokes bsc is currently not accepted.They said that they will accept this bsc if HEC give a letter that it is equal to 4 years degree which is unlikely.

I'm sorry, shani420. I don't have information on their MBA program. However, I'm going tomorrow to UCP to clarify some issues. I'll ask them about MBA too and will inform you here.

As for LUMS then its a great thing. If LUMS is accepting then in Pakistan it won't give any problem. If possible for you, can you forward that email at saleen.super at yahoo. com?

- Dard - 02-02-2010

Shani420 didn't you ask LUMS or IBA if they accept ACCA qualified for an entry in their MBA program?

- shani420 - 02-02-2010

Dear Dard,
I never contacted IBA.
As far as Lums they said that candidate must prove to have 16 years education to be eligible.Pakistani CA aur Icmap ko to Hec 16 or 17 years recognize kerta hai but I don't know about ACCA.Only HEC can clarify.

As for ACCA recognition then this is what ACCA Pakistan told me

<b><i>At present ACCA affiliates cannot claim equivalence to any qualification. As a member you can claim equivalence to graduate/post graduate qualification.

Regards

Dr.Afra Sajjad
Head of Education and Policy Development

ACCA Pakistan
61-C Main Gulberg Lahore 54660 Pakistan

tel +92 (0)42 111 222 275

mob +92 (0) 300 850 54 15
fax +92 (0)42 575 9346

www.pakistan.accaglobal.com</i></b>

- shani420 - 02-02-2010

Saleen.Super main mail forward ker deta hon.Check it.

Thanks shani420, got it.

- sarwannn - 08-24-2010

hey guys, did u get BBa from UCP ??m and also plz sugegst me as to whr shd i go OBU or ucp???? im acca finalist from karachi!

- WARDAH - 08-24-2010

han aksr lums bn jatay hain maida thek sy na gholo to....is liey humaisha maidy mai thora thora pani daal k taiz taiz phaintna chahye to lums ni bnain gy