Accountancy Forum
confused b/w MBA in MIS or HRM. please guide me - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: confused b/w MBA in MIS or HRM. please guide me (/showthread.php?tid=10114)

confused b/w MBA in MIS or HRM. please guide me - quick23 - 07-18-2011

Hello,
I have a very long info and question. let me tell you my profile first. I have passed my B.Com recently while I was also studying C.A and passed module A but in the mid of the course, I realized that accounting is not my thing I feel bored and didn't like it..all the interest was just dreams of making huge currency....anyways long story short...
I gave up C.A and now I am looking to take admission in Masters program but I am confused yet again..I always have been...

Actually, I am more into computers...so..I thought may be I should go for MCS (PAF KIET Offering it for b.com students) but I do not like computer core technical stuff either......
I think I am good at understanding people.....picking out their weak and strong points...picking whats going through their mind...n how to treat them well... so... Finally... I think that MBA in HRM would compliment my ability may be? on the other hand... MBA in MIS can also compliment my ability because I like computer stuff ..troubleshooting (software wise only) and management of computer related stuff etc...
so that is my whole situation..I may sound a lot confused but i am just being straightforward ...

So..my question is..once you intelligent people [)]consider my abilities....situation..and concerns..what would you suggest me to opt for?? MBA in HRM, MBA in MIS, MBA in Management or simply MCS?

Plus, what is the scope of MBA HRM and MIS currently in Pakistan? I am talking about the entry level pay..and lets say after 5 years..
Ofcourse pay doesn't matter much but it is also a reality that everyone wants to have a good pay....its just that I want to make sure I get paid for what I enjoy working[Wink]dats the ideal job for anyone right? lol...

- quick23 - 07-19-2011

no response help or suggestions? (

- Moamar Qazafi - 07-29-2011

i think you must go for MCS bcz you like computers

please watch Three idts )

- Moamar Qazafi - 07-30-2011

)

- jahanzaib dilawer - 08-02-2011

MBA (MIS) is really good thing and if you need further development in your career you can go for CISA which is you can say successive field of MBA (MIS.) MBA (Marketing) another good option if you dont like finance and accounts,It really offers fast track growth if you chose your career well. But these days MIS and CISA people are also earning good and has scope all arround. So Best of Luck chose your career well. And at the end it is you how knows what are your potentials.

- quick23 - 09-13-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Moamar Qazafi</i>
<br />)

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Oh i never thought no one is going to reply so I left checking out the thread anyways thanks guys for replying )

Yes, I have watched three idiots lol.! I like computers, but I don't like to get into core stuff like networking or hardware or programing...I think I can do good in managing an IT department or something like that....u knw...so that's why I was wondering about MBA, MIS...

- quick23 - 09-13-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by quick23</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Moamar Qazafi</i>
<br />)

Oh i never thought no one is going to reply so I left checking out the thread anyways thanks guys for replying )

Yes, I have watched three idiots lol.! I like computers, but I don't like to get into core stuff like networking or hardware or programing...I think I can do good in managing an IT department or something like that....u knw...so that's why I was wondering about MBA, MIS...

Hello,

So you are suggesting that MBA (MIS) would be more suitable for my profile and the things i like doing? Is that so? Plus, only few universities are offering MBA MIS like CBM...but they already did their admission..so cant wait for another year ( how about humdard university? is it any good? no other university is offering MBA MIS I guess...