Accountancy Forum
What should i do next after graduation? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: What should i do next after graduation? (/showthread.php?tid=10216)

What should i do next after graduation? - Ozair Khan - 08-10-2011

Assalam-O-Alaikum,
hello frndz, I m Ozair Khan. i have jst completed my 4yrs BBA & don't wana waste my time at all.
i have decided my field as Finance. but right now i m confused abt wht should i go for? MS (Finance) or MBA (Finance). i m also planning to go to Malaysia for MS (Finance), wht do u people think, is it a better option for me? if yeS? then give me some names of Malaysian universities. .
~For some reasons, i will have to come back to Pakistan if i go to Malaysia, in this Context is it Ok to spend lots of money on MS(Finance) from abroad or should i prefer to remain in Pakistan.
~i have heard abt CFA, but also listen tht it is quite difficult. may i know can i go for CFA right now ? or i need few years experience before to get registerd in CFA?
Kindly, Please let me know ur quality views on my issue? which is better for me next MS(Finance), MBA(Finance) or CFA?
i need ur experiential advices & suggestions.
THNX

- farhannaeem - 08-12-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ozair Khan</i>
<br />Assalam-O-Alaikum,
hello frndz, I m Ozair Khan. i have jst completed my 4yrs BBA & don't wana waste my time at all.
i have decided my field as Finance. but right now i m confused abt wht should i go for? MS (Finance) or MBA (Finance). i m also planning to go to Malaysia for MS (Finance), wht do u people think, is it a better option for me? if yeS? then give me some names of Malaysian universities. .
~For some reasons, i will have to come back to Pakistan if i go to Malaysia, in this Context is it Ok to spend lots of money on MS(Finance) from abroad or should i prefer to remain in Pakistan.
~i have heard abt CFA, but also listen tht it is quite difficult. may i know can i go for CFA right now ? or i need few years experience before to get registerd in CFA?
Kindly, Please let me know ur quality views on my issue? which is better for me next MS(Finance), MBA(Finance) or CFA?
i need ur experiential advices & suggestions.
THNX
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Dear Brother Ozair Khan

Assalam-O-Alaikum,

I am working as export Manager in UAE. I have personal interest in Finance Especially Islamic Finance / Banking. So, i am planning to attempt CFA Level 1 soon inshallah.

You hold 4 year BBA Hons with Finance major. It is excellent time for you to join CFA. CFA is equal to MS Finance in USA. CFA will be easy choice at least for you because of your academic background in Finance. You also meet the criteria to sit in CFA Level 1 Exam ( Every June / December )

If you want to become Finance professor in University then MS Finance would be best option for you. According to HEC, Pakistan have less than 10 PhDs in Finance. If you want to work in Industry then CFA is most prestigious professional qualification in the field of Finance / Investment for you.

Just, You need to revise your concept from following ( All Subjects / Some of Following Subjects ) from your BBA Hons Curriculum for All CFA 3 Levels.

Economics Subjects

Introduction to Economics
Micro Economics
Macro Economics
Money & Banking

Statistics & Probability

Accounting & Finance Courses

Financial Accounting
Advance Financial Accounting
Business Finance
Financial Management
Corporate Finance
Financial Statement Analysis
Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management
Management of Financial Institutions
Credit & Risk Management
Islamic Mode of Financing

CFA Level 1 is so much easy. Even a Doctor / Army Major / Lawyer secured 90% marks in CFA Level 1 without having Finance background in probably 2010 Level 1 Exam. Brother, you are better than these guys. You can do it !!!
Level 1 provide foundation for all ( Doctor / Engineer / Lawyer / CA / BBA Hons ).

Actual game starts from CFA Level 2. If you Attempt CFA Level 1 in December then You can acquire CFA within 2 years.

If you are looking for further details then please visit www.kamranrashid.com. You can approach me at farhannaeem@live.com. I can provide you Level 1 Exam details.

Wish you best of Luck for your future.

Regards
Farhan Naeem

- Ozair Khan - 08-13-2011

Mr. Farhan Naeem.

Assalam-O-Alaikum,

Thank You so much sir, for your extremely useful advice. You really provided me a detailed information about CFA. It seems like i got the right person by the grace of Allah. I really appreciate and thankful to you to pay serious attention on my issue. I will definitely need your expert opinion in future as well. So nice of you.

- farhannaeem - 08-19-2011

Dear Ozair,

Sure, I will try my best to help you as i can. And kick on buttocks on that ass who asked you, CFA is so difficult.

If you are close to lahore then i will propose you to join kamran Rashid for CFA preparation.

FYI, see the following link

http//www.univarcanada.com/vopakcanada/jobsen.nsf/0dd858b49350bf6c88257098007edd27/0aabfc345ac2a5b8882578e7007b85c7!OpenDocument

UNIVAR is biggest global giant in industrial chemical distribution worldwide. UNIVAR Canada is looking for CFA.....

Do Hard Work, A lot of same jobs are waiting for you.

Allah bless you a lot of progress, prosperity to you.

Regards
Farhan Naeem

- Ozair Khan - 10-19-2011

currently, i m working at eocean pvt. ltd (a mobile marketing company), working in karachi DHA.
now i m planning to start my studies of CFA. plz let me know the names of some quality institutes located in karachi those are providing tuition in CFA.
i also would like to know that; would i be able to carry my CFA studies along with my job? or should i quit my job for CFA?
need your suggesstion again. thank You!