Accountancy Forum
Deloitte or KPMG (Karachi) ? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Firms (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Deloitte or KPMG (Karachi) ? (/showthread.php?tid=10515)

Deloitte or KPMG (Karachi) ? - tahmans - 10-21-2011

I have got an offer from deloitte karachi to submit documents...and my process at KPMG is going on...i am hopeful for induction in KPMG too...

what is better...what to do...should i join deloitte or kpmg? both are in top 4, but deloitte is on second internationally whereas kpmg is third or fourth...i plan to move to the middle east in the future...deloitte is closer to my home aswell....so i am confused...

comments from kpmg and deloitte trainees/seniors etc would be very very much appreciated...

i would like to know more about the advantages i would have in joining a firm..like secondments, overtime policy, clients, seniors attitude, and the exam help..

please reply me asap so that i can decide!

- salmanjalis - 10-21-2011

KPMG...no second opinion

- arsenal.gooner - 10-22-2011

if you are planning to move abroad, then remember that big4 is big4.. simple as that. however, it always helps keeping the local conditions in mind. As far as the clientele is concerned, KPMG has all the big financial clients while deloitte is what you can call a gamble. there are 2 sections in deloitte for audit, AAS and MAH. AAS is mini-aff such is its clientele. MAH on the other hand is dud.

as far as secondments are concerned, now internationally you need to have 3 yrs experience before you can be considered for secondments. both have secondments but in deloitte, it depends on your section. MAH has more than one secondments while AAS has hardly one. KPMG has recently started sending trainees on secondments.

Deloitte has a chill atmosphere, no danda.. the seniors are normally good as far as i have heard. KPMG, i dont know.

hope that helps

Rgds,

- tahmans - 10-22-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by arsenal.gooner</i>
<br />if you are planning to move abroad, then remember that big4 is big4.. simple as that. however, it always helps keeping the local conditions in mind. As far as the clientele is concerned, KPMG has all the big financial clients while deloitte is what you can call a gamble. there are 2 sections in deloitte for audit, AAS and MAH. AAS is mini-aff such is its clientele. MAH on the other hand is dud.

as far as secondments are concerned, now internationally you need to have 3 yrs experience before you can be considered for secondments. both have secondments but in deloitte, it depends on your section. MAH has more than one secondments while AAS has hardly one. KPMG has recently started sending trainees on secondments.

Deloitte has a chill atmosphere, no danda.. the seniors are normally good as far as i have heard. KPMG, i dont know.

hope that helps

Rgds,
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

hmm i know..but what do u say...kpmg or deloitte? clientale isnt a big issue, as ill mention the clients i have did on my cv, and not the clients the firm has...so it depends...even in aff, you get to do 2-3 multinationals....thats wat ultimately goes in ur cv...so number of clients doesnt matter, but the training ill get matters...so whats better?

where does deloitte send for secondments, and where does kpmg send?

and by MAH section 'dud' what does it mean? it doesnt have clients?

look, when the firm clientele is good, it is obvious that you will get your hands on good clients so this thing is implied. what i meant was if you get in AAS, no matter what clients you get, they all are giants and great clients so u are sure to have a good CV..

MAH just has just 2-3 well known big clients.. rest are all unheard

- tahmans - 10-22-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by arsenal.gooner</i>
<br />look, when the firm clientele is good, it is obvious that you will get your hands on good clients so this thing is implied. what i meant was if you get in AAS, no matter what clients you get, they all are giants and great clients so u are sure to have a good CV..

MAH just has just 2-3 well known big clients.. rest are all unheard

hmm...but i wouldnt know which section i am in until i join it...

how come there are more secndments in MAH even when it has smaller clients? S hmm...

and kpmg has started secondments now...are u sure that there are secondments there..becoz i have heard there arnt...

so i guess secondment wise MAH section is good...not known clients but secondments there...in AAS no secondments but good clients..

kpmg secondments and name both! plus financial and manufacturing in all sections (thats wat ive heard)..

but dont you think when you get multinationals to work in, you get stuck there for a long long time..so isnt it better to have smaller clients and therefore more exposure?

in Pakistan, people normally prefer KPMG over deloitte

- farid10 - 10-23-2011

well i presume that kpmg hasnt called u yet for induction, so u shld definitely join deloite as u never know about ur chances of induction in any firm until it comes u calling.

the reason i have heard about the fact that there are more secondments in mah than aas, is because in mah they are mostly small private companies, so even the semi seniors let alone the seniors "ne ziada clients final kie hue he" as compared to aas where there are giants and u cant expect one senior to finalise pia, ssgc, abbott,hubco ,procter & gamble, (few big clients of aas)

i would say wait until they allott u a section in deloite, incase of aas, think twice then the choice is urs.

the only disturbing fact abt kpmg, well there are more banks in kpmg than manufacturing, and few rotations, so i have heard that in a lot of cases a trainee has been stuck at a bank for 2 years.

- tahmans - 10-23-2011

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by farid10</i>
<br />well i presume that kpmg hasnt called u yet for induction, so u shld definitely join deloite as u never know about ur chances of induction in any firm until it comes u calling.

the reason i have heard about the fact that there are more secondments in mah than aas, is because in mah they are mostly small private companies, so even the semi seniors let alone the seniors "ne ziada clients final kie hue he" as compared to aas where there are giants and u cant expect one senior to finalise pia, ssgc, abbott,hubco ,procter & gamble, (few big clients of aas)

i would say wait until they allott u a section in deloite, incase of aas, think twice then the choice is urs.

the only disturbing fact abt kpmg, well there are more banks in kpmg than manufacturing, and few rotations, so i have heard that in a lot of cases a trainee has been stuck at a bank for 2 years.

yes true....kpmg ive heard has deteriorated in standard too...and also that there are mostly financial clients - something i am not interested in...

but what does secondments have to do with small clients? didnt get this..you mean chote clients hain tou bahir bhejte hain?

and which is a better section in your opinion? is having secondments better or working here in multinationals is better?

- arsenal.gooner - 10-23-2011

@tahman

the reason why there are more secondment opportunities in MAH is bcz there is comparatively less work and hence, rather than keeping trainees idle, they are sent for secondments.

hope that helps

- tahmans - 10-23-2011

<br />@tahman

the reason why there are more secondment opportunities in MAH is bcz there is comparatively less work and hence, rather than keeping trainees idle, they are sent for secondments.

hope that helps

hmm, yes..thank you! ) for a start will submit docs at deloitte..and then when kpmg is finalised, will take them and submit at kpmg... ) cant risk...

- umer90 - 11-20-2011

duh.............

- A R - 11-30-2011

For more info pertaining to Deloitte Pakistan, you may ask your queries at
https//www.facebook.com/DeloittePakistan