Accountancy Forum
B.com during ACCA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: B.com during ACCA (/showthread.php?tid=10676)

B.com during ACCA - pauliangenius - 01-12-2012

Most of my friends are doing B.com during Acca. My advice to them is that there is no need to do B.com if you are doing ACCA because B.com does not carry so much value. My friends reply in argument that B.com has good value in Pakistan and if you have done acca but not done b.com along with it, you will not be entertained by employers other than audit firms. Plz help me because my thinking is that if you are already doing acca, doing b.com is a waste of time. is my thinking right???

- pauliangenius - 01-13-2012

it has been 2 days since i posted this topic and no one has even bothered to reply or help me. Just tell me whether B.com is necessary in Pakistan or is it a degree with no value for the employer????

- hmmm - 01-13-2012

after completing ACCA u can get M.Com degree then why r u thinking about B.Com?

- zuiis - 01-14-2012

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by pauliangenius</i>
<br />Most of my friends are doing B.com during Acca. My advice to them is that there is no need to do B.com if you are doing ACCA because B.com does not carry so much value. My friends reply in argument that B.com has good value in Pakistan and if you have done acca but not done b.com along with it, you will not be entertained by employers other than audit firms. Plz help me because my thinking is that if you are already doing acca, doing b.com is a waste of time. is my thinking right???
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

u must do B.com with ACCA it helps u alot

- pauliangenius - 01-15-2012

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by zuiis</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by pauliangenius</i>
<br />Most of my friends are doing B.com during Acca. My advice to them is that there is no need to do B.com if you are doing ACCA because B.com does not carry so much value. My friends reply in argument that B.com has good value in Pakistan and if you have done acca but not done b.com along with it, you will not be entertained by employers other than audit firms. Plz help me because my thinking is that if you are already doing acca, doing b.com is a waste of time. is my thinking right???

u must do B.com with ACCA it helps u alot
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">u say it helps. But plz explain how???

- zuiis - 01-15-2012

Actually the thing is although u will get M.com degree but it takes so much time first ACCA then 3 years experience then u will get the m.com,further more it looks odd that u have Master degree and dont have bachelors im myself acca student and i must say few ov my freinds who starts acca with me soon get their b.com because they start it with acca,lastly if u do not wanna do bcom then u must do Bsc OBU after part II

- hmmm - 01-17-2012

salam
u can complete ACCA within 2 years. and 1 year FIA, then 1 year Part 2.U will get OBC degree. after 1 year m.com.
it will take total 3 years

- pauliangenius - 01-23-2012

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hmmm</i>
<br />salam
u can complete ACCA within 2 years. and 1 year FIA, then 1 year Part 2.U will get OBC degree. after 1 year m.com.
So what are you saying is that doing B.com is a waste of time?

- zuiis - 01-28-2012

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hmmm</i>
<br />salam
As i already mentioned u will only get M.com degree when u become ACCA member not ACCA Affiliate and for membership u must have 3 years work experience

- Horwath - 02-01-2012

i am an employer .

B com is only worth to me if they have an understanding of basic laws & taxation issues .

What i suggest you take f4 (pak variant ) & f6 pak variant too & even p6 in pak variant so that u have a idea of pakistani laws & tax issues.

Further if you can get a formal Bachelor's degree, i always prefer those who have undergone 3 or 4 years Bachelor's programees & then proceeded towards professional qualifications like ACCA CFA CA(ICAEW)

- pauliangenius - 02-02-2012

Sir!
IF YOU i DO ACCA AND then CFA, will i be more valuable to you than a person who has done ACCA+MBA or A bachelor degree +ACCA???