Accountancy Forum
CA experienced preferred or ACMA experienced? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: CA experienced preferred or ACMA experienced? (/showthread.php?tid=1113)

CA experienced preferred or ACMA experienced? - zephyrrr - 09-14-2004

Here is a general question. Who possesses more deep knowledge; CA or ACMA? If you say that CA then I would like to comment on it that a CA even don't have any how know about various courses of CMA being taught in Pakistan. And then if you ponder over this fact than you would come to know that after passing ACMA there is no need to do CA Foundation and even one year of training is also exempt but if a full fledge Chartered Accounant even after completing his articles training if wants to earn ICMA degree; he or she must have to go for 3 semesters (P-2, p-3 and p-4) of CMA. What's this? It's meant; a CA Experienced can't compete an ACMA experienced. And a CA does not have deep knowledge as an ACMA has. Just merely the difference between these two is that a CA is offered articles but unfortunately ACMA not. Is it?

"Pracs"; I'm very thanful to you for this help. I'm a poor student who can't bear expenses of visiting Lahore again and again for taking information about CA. Well, I've visited Lahore and have a lot of information but still there are some general kind of problems which I'm facing right now at this time before deciding that whether I should go for CA or ICMA and if CA then where? PAC (Which is only in Lahore and Peshawar) or SKANS (Which has a branch in my city also).

As you have said that good academic background and the attempts to pass CA Inter are kept in view before entering the contracts of articles training by the Chartered Accountants' firms. I would like to put a question here that whether a CA Inter passing student who have qualified CA Inter in more than 1 or 2 attempts would be given even merely an opportunity to do articleship in some Chartered Accountancy firm or he or she would not be able to secure even articleship?

If you have some information about PAC; I also would like to know that whether PAC arranges articleship for all of it's CA Inter passing students? Or every student whether he or she has done CA Foundation from PAC, SKANS or whatsoever it is; would be required to gain such opportunity on self-try-basis?

I've secured first division in BCom; and have average mind and intelligence; but have a lot of courage; self determination; confidence and support by my parents and the supporter who is supporting me to do CA or ICMA. I want to ask in your opinion that wheter a student like me can do CA or there are some inherent qualities required to do CA which must be present in a person before going to do CA?

How much a fresh Articles completed CA earns and how much maximum a CA experienced can reach upto?

If a job requires Senior Manager or head for it's Accounts Department and company receieves a lot of CAs and ACMAs applications for this post. Suppose; company selects two candidates; one is CA and other is ACMA. CA has 4 years post qualification experience. Note; CA also has completed 4 years articles training. It means here CA has more than 4 years experience due to 4 years training in articles and 4 years experience after completing CA. And ACMA has 8 years post qualification experience. What do you consider in the light of your own experience to whom preferecen will be given in this case where both have equal experience; CA or ACMA?

adeel

- Sarfaraz - 09-14-2004

I would like to give preference to CA coz his qualification in the field of Financial accounting, taxation, corporate laws which are more relevant than cost accounting.

There is a will. There is a way.
0333-4502662

- shehzad - 09-14-2004

What on Planet Jupiter made you think that CMA is all about Cost Accounting .

I strongly suggest that you go through the syllabi of ICMAP prior to
drawing any conclusion ...............

As a matter of fact NOT ONLY Financial Accounting , Taxation ( this topic is in no way less tougher than your Advance Taxation ) and guess what ??? C.L& S.P. is thoroughly covered too , and there is Strategic Financial Management to cover the aspect of F.M. thoroughly .

It is difficult to comprehend why some ppl are so arrogant and ignorant .

That was just to keep the record straight .

- Pracs - 09-15-2004

Although I respect the rigrous academic stages an ACMA in pakistan has to go through,..(i am familiar with the syllabus a very good friend holds the degree)however ground realities suggest that CA is the best option in Paksitan. ofcourse ACMA's if not trained at an accounting firm lack the in depth professional expertise and experience, I have also found a lack of IFRS-IAS practical knowledge.

I am in no way undermining the degree or respected ACMA members, its just how it has taken its course in Pakistan.

"Allah does not change the state of people unless they change what is within themselves" Quran 1311

- Mahtab - 09-15-2004

Zephyrrr
Pls.visit
www.PAC.edu.pk
www.ICAP.org.pk
www.ICMAP.com.pk
www.CAPK.Cjb.net
compare yourself the syllabus etc.and then decide yourself but in my opinion CA is best choice in Pakistan
Thank you

Mahtab

RE: CA experienced preferred or ACMA experienced? - mahtabmuhammad - 12-12-2015

My opinion CA is still best choice in Pakistan