Accountancy Forum
ACCA Exam Secret Shared - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: ACCA Exam Secret Shared (/showthread.php?tid=1221)

ACCA Exam Secret Shared - aamersikandar - 10-25-2004

Dear Friends
To introduce myself I am ACCA and ACMA qualified. In ACMA I was 1st in Foundation, whereas in ACCA I was Pakistan place winner in paper 2.1, 2.4, 3.4 and third in core papers. In paper 3.4 I was also world second.
So far to establish credibility.

The secret is please read your institutions syllabus / paper objectives. You will know the thrust of the paper from the objectives. Do not blindly depend on course providers even the established ones. If people who appeared for ACCA new syllabus 3.4 in 2002 and 2003 recall, their had been questions and models in exams which were not in the text books. The key was to study the objectives of the paper alongside with ACCA issued syllabus guidelines.
The second secret (other than accounting papers) is , please learn to digest soft information given in scenarios and must be able to clearly apply a grid/model to it.
Thirdly for ACCA final stage students (other than accounting papers), please remember that strategic thinking and globalisation are at the core of all non accounting papers.
I shall be glad to be of help, if any student so desires.

Thanks

Aamer Sikandar

- Azeem Shah Khan - 10-25-2004

Dear Aamir

although a bit late but since i have seen ur intro for the first time please accept a warm welcome and heartiest congrats on ur success from my side.

once again a bit late for me but i think u have shared a very interesting info/secret with all of us and i hope to see similar posts from ur side.

kind regards

azeem

- FAK - 10-25-2004

Dear Friend, AOA

I am also a new member of this form.I must say, deepest congrats to you from the bottom of my heart.
Actually i am a B.com(graduate),planing to go for an ACCA Course.
As you are Both ACCA and CIMA qualified, i shall be thankful if you answer some of my queries.I posted these questions 2 ,3 days ago in this form, but as our senior memebers have more important matters to discuss,i didnt get my answer's, so hopefully you will clear some of my points.

My questions are...

1)What is Fast Track? In ACCA
2)Do we have to pay extra for the Oxford Brooks degree other then the project fees?And if so then how much?
3)How much exemptions one can get in CIMA after completing ACCA.(just curious)
4)The Exact Subjects of CIMA
5)Detail info about MBA from Brooks university for ACCA members.(just curious)
6)Where can i get the study material for ACCA?Are the books available locally?
7)Do you know any good tutors(ACCA qualified) who are offering group tutions in karachi or any senior member who is offering any.

Please note that I am well aware of the institutes offering tutions for ACCA course in karachi but they are very expensive that why i am looking for private group tutors.
I didnt register for this ACCA course till now just collecting as much Information as i can get.
Hopefully I'll see you around in this form, when i start studying this course your information might come an handy.

Thanks and Regards.

Fahad A Khan

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it"

- Azeem Shah Khan - 10-25-2004

Dear Fahad

I dont have much info you asked for. I believe you can get some of the answers by surfing the following links

www.cimaglobal.com

www.accaglobal.com

for rest of the information, be patient and i m sure somebody will come up with the info.

best regards

azeem

- Pracs - 10-25-2004

Answers to nos.

2- there is a nominal fee to be paid when you submit your project around 60 pounds sterling. I think its worth it for you get a BSC degree.

3- I believe you only need to sit for the Final stage of the CIMA exam if you are an ACCA.

5- I wouldn't recommend to go for the MBA- from Oxford Brookes (not a league Univ in the UK), it will not add value and the charges are astronomical too around 5000 sterling pounds if i recollect correctly.

"Allah does not change the state of people unless they change what is within themselves" Quran 1311

- Mr. Whappaaaa - 10-26-2004

HI AZEEM AND AAMIR

yaar I wanna ask u abt paper 2.5 & 2.6 i am going to give that paper in dec. session so u both guys please could u tell me the secret of success of this paper i would be very thankfull to both of u if u will give me some relevent tips abt that paperz .

REGARDS

ASIF

MR WHAPPAAAA

- FAK - 10-27-2004

Hello Friends AOA,
Thanks for your quick replies Mr.Azeem and Mr.Pracs.
As you said in your previous post Mr.azeem that you are an ACCA qualified, dont u get the Brooks Degree on completion of your certificate.

Regards.

Fahad A Khan

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it"

"Nothing is impossible b`coz impossible says itself I M POSSIBLE"

- Azeem Shah Khan - 10-31-2004

Hi FAK

i never applied for BSc degree......

azeem

not one of those who enjoy having lots of letters under their names and know nothing about them.

my name is already long enough )

azeem

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id=quote>quote<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> HI AZEEM AND AAMIR

yaar I wanna ask u abt paper 2.5 & 2.6 i am going to give that paper in dec. session so u both guys please could u tell me the secret of success of this paper i would be very thankfull to both of u if u will give me some relevent tips abt that paperz .

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" size=2 id=quote>

The Success Formula is to understand your basics and practice lots of EXAM questions. Paper 2.5 is all about knowing accounting standards (IASs or FRSs) and their application at an elementary level. Try to structure your workings while solving exam questions, for eg for Consolidated Balance Sheet you can start with the GROUP STRUCTURE followed by "BIG 3" computations ie 1.Goodwill 2.Minority Interest 3.Reserves. Structured workings not only help you gain some easy marks but also give you a sound base to elaborate your answer further.

Paper 2.6, frankly speaking i found this paper the easiest in Part2, perhaps it was because i appeared in 2.6 and 3.1 together. For both these papers i always recommend students to read Examiner's Comments and Answers. Most of the students read books and understand the philosphy of the subject but they fail to acknowledge what examiners want from them for eg in a case study question students fail to identify the DATE (whether it is an interim audit or final audit), they fail to acknowledge their role (Audit Manager, Audit Senior, Audit Junior) they fail to point out the Industry (client business) and so on. These are basics, after every exam examiner publishes his comments and suggested answers which show WHAT HE WANTS FROM STUDENTS and sadly students never follow what he says and eventually fail this easy paper. I would say go to the ACCA website and download as many previous exam papers and their answers. One more thing, try to attempt questions by TOPIC which means if you have recently studied Audit Reports from your text book then do as many exam questions about this topic and then move to the other topic, this will give you an excellent idea about the depth of that topic and you will be in a better postion to see which areas are examiner's favourite and which are yet to be asked.

let me know should you need more input from my side

regards

azeem

- Mr. Whappaaaa - 10-31-2004

THANKX AZEEM BHAI to share some relevent tips abt papr 2.5 and 6 i will really act upon ur advice by the way i have read out all examiner comments of that paperz and now .. i am reading and solving most of exam paper questionz .. hope fully INSHA ALLAH i ill sucess both paperz & i think ur info. is fit aenough for me but .. can u elaborate INTERPRETATION OF FINANCIAL STATMENT (2.5),what r the main aspects to present this question in a reporting format ..???

REGARDS

ASIF ALI

MR WHAPPAAAA

- ACCA-wannabe - 08-21-2006

Dear Aamer,

I'm impressed. My hearty congratulations on your achievements. I myself have problems with 2.1 May i know if there's any tips to answer exam questions? and to learn it? And books you would recommend to study?

Thanks.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by aamersikandar</i>
<br />Dear Friends
To introduce myself I am ACCA and ACMA qualified. In ACMA I was 1st in Foundation, whereas in ACCA I was Pakistan place winner in paper 2.1, 2.4, 3.4 and third in core papers. In paper 3.4 I was also world second.
So far to establish credibility.

The secret is please read your institutions syllabus / paper objectives. You will know the thrust of the paper from the objectives. Do not blindly depend on course providers even the established ones. If people who appeared for ACCA new syllabus 3.4 in 2002 and 2003 recall, their had been questions and models in exams which were not in the text books. The key was to study the objectives of the paper alongside with ACCA issued syllabus guidelines.
The second secret (other than accounting papers) is , please learn to digest soft information given in scenarios and must be able to clearly apply a grid/model to it.
Thirdly for ACCA final stage students (other than accounting papers), please remember that strategic thinking and globalisation are at the core of all non accounting papers.
I shall be glad to be of help, if any student so desires.

Thanks

Aamer Sikandar
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">