Accountancy Forum
Can Masters be done in private? - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Career (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Can Masters be done in private? (/showthread.php?tid=1711)

Pages: 1 2

Can Masters be done in private? - FAK - 02-18-2005

AOA guys,
Can any one tell me how many government universities offering (Private)Master Degree Programs in karachi.
Im interested in M.com or MBA
Regards

Fahad A Khan

- krss - 02-19-2005

Salam

Brother MBA and MCom cannot be done in private, you have to take classes but there is also evening program in many universities, in that case you can take classes in evening-but classes are must.

MCom is only offered by karachi University in karachi and you can take admission in morning or evening-for details go to www.ku.edu.pk

As far as MBA is concerned, many universities offer here but only few have market value. Only MBA programs of IBA, CBM and KU are worthy to take as far as marker value is concerned and only KU(Karachi University) is a government university which offer MBA in karachi

- the_farhan - 02-19-2005

<font face="Verdana">
only university of karachi offers masters programs for pvt. candidates. but M.Com n MBA r not offered for pvt. these r full time regular programs n stdnts ve to take regular classes in KU premises. however u can take MBA in evening sessions but it shall take three yrs.

</font id="Verdana">

FARHAN

live, n let live ...

- Mahtab - 02-21-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by FAK</i>
<br />AOA guys,
Can any one tell me how many government universities offering (Private)Master Degree Programs in Karachi.
Regards

Fahad A Khan
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
AOA Fahad A Khan
[)]Three Government Universities in Karachi offering (Pvt) Master degree programs in Karachi.[)]
MBA is offering Privately by AIOU www.aiou.edu.pk only[)]
Beside KU The M.Com & MBA are offering in Morning and Evening by FUUAST www.fuuast.edu.pk/english also[)]
information by the_farhan and krss is very informative & Helpful[)]
Regards
Mahtab

- Mahtab - 02-21-2005

AOA Fahad A Khan
Another Govt.University offering Master degree (Pvt)is NUML but
Not M.Com & MBA www.numl.edu.pk
so Four Government Universities in Karachi offering (Pvt)Master degree programs in Karachi
Regards
Mahtab

- FAK - 02-22-2005

AOA Guys
Thank you very much for you informative replies, i guess then the only choice left for me is to go for MA (economics)which is the only Master program offered by KU in Private.

Regards

Fahad A Khan

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it"

- Mahtab - 02-22-2005

AOA Fahad A Khan

MA(Economics)is Not the only Master program offered by KU for Private candidates

beside this KU offers MA for Private Candidates in 13 other Subjects detail and Syllabus may be ask/taken by/from Mr.Noor/Nazim at 2636474 (10 to 7 pm) or 9243131-7 Ext.2 (9 to 5 pm) and

Federal Urdu University also offers MA(Economics)for Private Candidates

beside this FUUAST offers MA for Private Candidates in 4 other Subjects
detail may be ask from 9243978-9 and syllabus is available from NBP Urdu Science College Branch.

The Registration for MA(Economics)for KU with late fee is in progress

quote"The date of Submission of Registration of M.A /Double M.A & Improvement of Division for External Annual Examinations -2004 (to be held in 2005) will be accepted with late fee as per following
Rs.1800 From 14-02-2005
Rs.1900 From 22-02-2005
Rs.2000 From 01-03-2005"quote from KU website and

The Examination of KU MA(Pvt)was held in Jun/Jul-2004

The Examination of FUUAST MA(Pvt)was held in Mar/Apr-2004

The Examination Fee of both Universities was Rs.1400

and if you have any arragement get information from Sindh University,Jamshoro I heard that they offer M.Com(Private).

Sorry for this Long Post
Regards
Mahtab

- FAK - 02-23-2005

Thank you very much mahtab for this valuable info.

Regards

Fahad A Khan

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it"

- Mahtab - 05-30-2005

AOA
Fahad
Are you doing MA or NOT?
Regards
Mahtab

- muntazir - 06-03-2006

aoa...i checked dos sites...dey hav no info on pvt masters programs...

plus da ku site aint workin...

plz provide me sum fone nums or detailed info on da pvt masters programs/degrees offered by diff univ in khi...

also teme plz y ku site aint workin...

- Mahtab - 06-08-2006

NUML Now offering MBA

- naureen - 03-22-2009

I want to do Masters privately in English,but my division in graduation was 3rd so i,m not sure whether i can or not.Which are the other subjects(Arts) that i can choose from considering my division.I also want to know the procedure.

- Toronto_Boy - 03-24-2009

Miss naureen

In my personal view, your division in graduation does not matter much as long as you are dedicated enough to enhance your qualification to next level. Having dedication, courage, and willingness for learning are more important. There could be many subjects besides English, such as Economics, International Relations, Political Science and many others. Where your aptitude is and what your future objectives with masters degree are much important factors for your decision. I don't know whether MBA (private) is available in your area of residence or not. It could be an option too.

If you are in Karachi, University of Karachi has a long list of private MA programs. Try to access nearest office of any of government university in your area to have complete list of subjects that are available for private MA.

Just my two cents...

Good Wishes

- SyedMH - 06-29-2009

AOA,
i am fresh B.com graduate with second division i want to take admission in Ms (computing)or any ohter university locate in UAE and i dnt have any international ceritification like GMAR,SAT,Tofel etc so can anyone tell i am eleigible or not.
Thanks

- old leopard - 07-09-2009

hello, assalamu alaikum
plz visit www.vu.edu.pk
it is a chartered university, approved by HEC.
you can opt to go campus or stay at home and study.
papers and assignments are to be solved online.
v suitable for inservice people.
Alhamdullillah i have almost completed 2 semesters successfully. i never go to campus, i study at my own from books.
you can listen lectures on youtube also. or you can purchase CDs of lectures too. too many options,
so if u like to study at home, VU is best.
keep in mind dear, it is not easy as it sounds. First semester drop out from MBA was 93 %. so only competent ppl remain in race.

ALLAH HAFIZ
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, san" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by FAK</i>
<br />AOA guys,
Can any one tell me how many government universities offering (Private)Master Degree Programs in karachi.
Regards

Fahad A Khan
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">