Accountancy Forum
CIMA or ACCA - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: CIMA or ACCA (/showthread.php?tid=1763)

Pages: 1 2

CIMA or ACCA - naeem sarwar - 03-06-2005

CIMA OR ACCA will capture more market in future in Europe,USA & ASIA and whats about in PAKISTAN?
What is the diffrerence between CIMA & ACCA?
WHICH is better after ICMAP?

naeem

- shahzad - 03-06-2005

cima deals with decision making, acca mainly concerned with audit,, so an acca can be an auditor, but not a decision maker,, however cima can do both jobz

- Desert Sleet - 03-11-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shahzad</i>
<br />cima deals with decision making, acca mainly concerned with audit,, so an acca can be an auditor, but not a decision maker,, however cima can do both jobz
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Shehzad, I have neither the time nor the inclination to get into some pathetic sparing match with you. Grow up.

However, I will says this -

Until you make some informed comments with clear evidence of research, I will continue proclaiming your amateurish critiques of leftwing ideologies for what they are; uneducated rants, of those who are arrogant enough to think that they can attack what they do not understand. I will also continue to provide you with a bibliography, for whatever subject you happen to be butchering at the time, until you show that you are capable of making coherent well thought out argument, and not just spew antiquated rhetoric.

---------------------------------------------
When The Going Gets Tough ... The Tough Gets Going ...

- turithegreat - 04-16-2005

CIMA if diffucult then ACCA

- shahzad - 04-17-2005

cima the great

shahzad

- Mahtab - 04-19-2005

AOA

East or West
..... is Best

just like that

CIMA or ACCA
ICAP is Best

Regards

Mahtab

- shahzad - 04-20-2005

generally, even if cima,s r not allowed to do audits,, they r good auditors,, as well as best management accountants in the world,,
on the other side,, acca,s just do audit,, just checking of accounts,, simplest work
and according to the management accounting point of view, cima is most valuable from other degrees like,icmap,cma,sma
and acca, is even worst than the pakistani ca,,and just like certification

shahzad

- Pracs - 04-21-2005

Here we go again.... good luck guys

- Desert Sleet - 04-21-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pracs</i>
<br />Here we go again.... good luck guys
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">I can appreciate your sentiments here. Howver, some of us have heard certain arguments, assertions, claims, hypotheses, parables, etc. so many times that we forget that the persons making the statements may be unfamiliar with their refutations. As a result, responding to certain assertions is often whittled down to a terse one-liner which may come across as crass or mocking.

---------------------------------------------
If I could... Then I would... Turn back time!!

- fahim239 - 04-24-2005

hi friends
This is my first reply on this forum. I have been watching the statements posted by different members at times.I dont like the way every time u ppl compare different fields like CA & ACCA or CIMA & ACCA or ICMAP for that matter.
we ppl should admit that every field is the best if we r comitted to it.
bye

fahim

- shahzad - 04-26-2005

always go for hard work,
acca is just little certification
how acca can be compared with cima
acca jiss koo daikh loo, clear kar laita hay,,
cima ka syllabus tough, papers tough

shahzad

- Desert Sleet - 04-27-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sam</i>
<br />Well you see the point is the difference in the subjects between ACCA and CIMA as ACCA is Financial and Auditing side, CIMA is Finance and Management side which makes it an important part of the Management Team of an organisation.The Management side of CIMA is so strong that the Final Level of CIMA contains four subjects compromising of Management Accounting.

ITS NOT WHAT YOU STUDY , ITS HOW YOU STUDY IT.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"> CIMA is more commonly used in industry, ACCA in private practise, although not exclusively.Im qualified ACCA and work in practice (but originally worked in industry). ACCA is geared for practice and industry whereas CIMA is mainly aimed at Industry only as they do not issue Practicising Certificates. ACA (also known as ICAEW) is mainly practice orientated. ACCA allows you flexibility to work in both practice and industry as the qualification integrates the two - however a syllabus change is imminent in 2007 but the practice/industry focus will still be there.

CIMA is the preferred qualification with employers in industry/commerce. CIMA to award a practising certificate to members allowing them to work/'promote' themeselves as Chartered Management Accountnats, though its not an audit qualification. CIMA members working in practice tend to do so in financial and business management consultancy.

- Mahtab - 06-16-2005

AOA
Sam
Yes
But with some conditions
Thanks
Mahtab

- fahim_badshah - 07-06-2005

salam friends
i live in karachi my friends told me that now a days cima is going very valuable i going to tabanis and al-hamd academy for information about cima both of them tell me that cima had goes at a very good line they have only 14 papers and when u r cleared all of these papers u ger easily taken jobs vacancy with 3 lacs or 4 lacs
in pakistan cima is equal to = ICMA
in UK cima is equal to = ACMA

plz tell me that this is easy or hard can i do this i taken exams of inter (12) with the group of Commerce (iCom) and i taken in first year 72% now i m good in studies but tell me ur advice can i do this and the jobs of 4 lacs or 3 lacs is true or false ?

- fahim_badshah - 07-06-2005

Friends i m waiting for ur reply
plz brothers guide me
its about future career
and i dont want to make a bad decision
plz guide me about the cima that this is easy or hard and this is true that i can easily get vacancy with 3 or 4 lacs in pakistan
ok bro
i m waiting for ur reply
bye