Accountancy Forum
Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Managers - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Managers (/showthread.php?tid=1846)

Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Managers - MAK - 04-02-2005

Hi All

I want to know the market value of qualification /membership of Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Managers Pakistan (It also offers membership of Institute of Taxation Management)? Is it worthwhile to get this qualification on basis of exemptions available?What job opportunities r open to people with this qualification? Is it a recognised certification? Pls do clarify

Thanks

- ahmed.basheer - 07-06-2007

where the hell is this institute located
give me the address

- Mahtab - 07-06-2007

The Qualifications offers by them are
AICS & FICS for Institute of Chartered Secretaries and
AICM & FICM for Institute of Chartered Managers and
AITM & FITM for Institute of Taxation Management and
AIMM & FIMM for Maketing Management

there is no Market Value of their qualifications

the persons who have the position of Managers etc.get the qualification and the Institutes declares that our stuents
or members are working as Managers etc.and I did not hear
or read about anyone who get the postion of Managers etc.
only after getting the qualification of above institues.

they Allow a Lot of Exemptions to Other Professional Bodies
and Students for Example B.Com, B.A, M.A, LLB, PIPFA,ICSP,ICAP,
MBA,ICMAP,ACCA,CIMA etc.etc.

If you hold the positon of Manager etc.in any organisation
and do not have any Professional degree they offered/give you
the Designation of AICS,AICM,AITM,AIMM only requirement is you
have to Pay the Fee and they will Sell the degree.

"Mahtab I respectfully urge to please fear God.Your allegations against Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Managers are totally based either on misperception or malice. Please do not misguide people. ICSM has not sold to me any qualification. On the basis of B.com & Banking Diploma, I got 7 exemptions out of 15 papers and I wrote 8 papers, which I qualified without single failure. The examinations were of international standard. Their standard is compable to HEC recognized MBA and M.Com degrees and in some areas it was higher. Further, ICSM is founder member of Pakistan Institute of Corporate Governance. While granting exemption in its Part IV, Institute of Internal Auditors, US ranks ICSM, ICSP, ICMA & ICA. PIPFA also allows exemptions to ICSM qualified members.Further,SECP has isssued a statutory notification dated 09 March 2005 after due contemplation & setting aside unhealthy compaign of ICSP, whereby members of Institute of Chartered Secretaries are eligible to become company secretaries of public Ltd. companies. What else recognition do you expect?"

Mahtab, the syllabus of ICSM is more prestigious than that of ICSP. The Institute cultures secretaries & managers with the capability to offer reliable Corporate solutions in the complex environment.As far as taking influential & experienced brain trust as members without examination at initial age of the Institute is concerned, this is a global phenomenon. This has been done even by ICMA & ICAP.As far as market recognition is concerned, with passage of time, we shall deepen our roots."

There is No Market Value of qualification/Membership of ITM.Do you ever read in any Job Advertisement about the ITM qualification?

No one after passing ONLY ITM exams get any Job all the person who are students/members are/were already on the Job and ITM show to new comers that teir students/members are in the position of So and so.

But it is totally misguide from them you may ask from ITM about any person who qualify ITM Exams ONLY and do not have any previous Job, Experience or Qualification and got a Job on the basis of ITM.

Recognised from Whom?
it is registerd as per Co.Ord.1984 only

But you Can NOT Get any Exemption from ICAP,ICSP,ICMAP,CIMA etc.

Only CIA,ACCA,PIPFA etc.are recognise ITM qualification for Exemptions and Entrey Requirement.

and ITM allow exepmtions to Every one Who can PAY to Them,even on the basis of Expereince only.

If you have the Knowledge/Skill than it is worthwhile to get the qualification on the basis of Exemptions

Above are my Own Point of View and Experience that may be Wrong.

New Adress of ITM, IMM, ICSM

A-2, Shahzadi Apartments, 156-K, Block-2, PECHS, Karachi

Behind Mateen Centre, off. Tariq Road, Karachi.

Contact person Mr.Ishrat Ansari timing 9.30 to 4.30 pm

- Mahtab - 07-10-2007

"where the hell is this institute located give me the address"

Adress of ITM, IMM, ICSM

A-2, Shahzadi Apartments, 156-K, Block-2, PECHS, Karachi

Behind Mateen Centre, off. Tariq Road, Karachi.

Contact person Mr.Ishrat Ansari timing 9.30 to 4.30 pm