Accountancy Forum
Will technology replace Accountants - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Technology (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Will technology replace Accountants (/showthread.php?tid=2218)

Will technology replace Accountants - ausmanpk2001 - 07-09-2005

My friend is saying that gradually within10-15 years technology will end the need of Chartered Accountants and all the CA's will become unemployed?
Is this true?
What do you say about it?

Usman Arshad

- Hammad100 - 07-09-2005

Dear we always require experts to Handle the system. I dont agree with ur Friend. I am working in a Multinational Audit firm and we use SAP for all transaction.its extremly modern system but still majority here are CA and getting excellent salary package.

Hammad Hassan.

- naam_thegreat - 07-11-2005

I agree with Hammad.

~O~N~E~

- Mr. Whappaaaa - 07-11-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ausmanpk2001</i>
<br />My friend is saying that gradually within10-15 years technology will end the need of Chartered Accountants and all the CA's will become unemployed?
Is this true?
What do you say about it?

Usman Arshad
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

AUSMAN,

Generally, Technicians have a more technical skills & abilities but not a specific management skills at all, therefore, Accountatns must be required to implement a new information system regarding Accounts, Finance projects etc. Whether its an Oracle, Sape, Sage or whatseover to be implemented a System, Accountant's consultancy must be necessary.

- ehson - 07-11-2005

interesting topic this one is )

- CBPian - 07-12-2005

Finally a good topic on this forum since a while.
Eventually yes.... now dont be agitated [D][D][D] its my opinion.
there are only two areas which will perhaps never be mechanised.. one is doctors or health professionals though we may have nanorobots doing operations in future and the other is engineers/scientist community which will be the technocratic elite of the future.
Anything and everything we do as accountants can be mechanised and programmed... even fuzzy logic can eliminate the need for the socalled judgement decisions..
... however I dont agree with the timeline [Wink]... lets put it somewhere from next 50-100 years as I dont think our jobs are at risk [D][D][D]

- ehson - 07-12-2005

I think the consultancy can never be overtaken by the computers and robots. Though DSS has improved quite in previous decade and it has helped people make decisions which had a huge monetory significane but DSS doesnt take the decision it just advices the 'professionals' (and that is where the accountants come in).
The auditing can be taken over by the mechanised system but I have my doubts on that. You see I really dont think that any country would allow that to be done by the computers. As it increases the probabilty of frauds and the ethical question mark is always there.
I would like to know if there is any formal research done on that (if anyone has some reading material, please share). And if the computers and robots actually take over things i see a horrifying future ), be it on any timeline.

- CBPian - 07-13-2005

well what we are talking is more than countries and states... it will become one world where technology will drive everything... and ofcourse matter of judgement arise due to unclear rules not vice versa... if the rules are clear then no judgement would be necessary... we are talking of rise of the machines.. its just around the corner though most of us dont see it.... which is, lets say, fault of the nature of visible spectrum.. cant see around corners... ) )

- Mr. Whappaaaa - 07-16-2005

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by CBPian</i>
<br />well what we are talking is more than countries and states... it will become one world where technology will drive everything... and ofcourse matter of judgement arise due to unclear rules not vice versa... if the rules are clear then no judgement would be necessary... we are talking of rise of the machines.. its just around the corner though most of us dont see it.... which is, lets say, fault of the nature of visible spectrum.. cant see around corners... ) )
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

LAKHANI'S CBPIAN, ( If i am not wrong )

Whether we are talking about expert system, fuzzy logic, Decsion support system,MIS or whatseoever, these all systems are made to facilitate the job of Accountants, it doesnt mean that Accountants will be passed away or forlorned. Who will make the final decisions on these system's result ? who knows what are the basic fundamentals, components of financial statements ? who will make a takover bid decision ? who will provide interpretation's conclusion ?

I agree to you that " If rules are cleared then there is no judgement" but .... who make the RULES ? .....Computer expert ? Technology ? ..... No dear No...

& finaly ..what about forenscic accounting [)]

- naam_thegreat - 08-21-2005

DEFINATELY!

~O~N~E~