Accountancy Forum
Examinee's Comments. - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Examinee's Comments. (/showthread.php?tid=3002)

Examinee's Comments. - Business_Maker - 03-09-2006

Hi I am a student of CA and have given Mod.-A papers(spring'06). And i have seen every one is interested in Examiners's comments on the papers but here im inviting examinee's comments on the papers from all of u.
Thanx!

The Game Can Never End Until And Unless I Win It~Genitcaly Genius

- Business_Maker - 03-10-2006

Not interested, any one??

- Business_Maker - 03-10-2006

My Comments on papers of Module-A
1-Intro. to eco. and finance the paper was very lenghthy micro part was not that tough.macro part was ignored.finance part was given unexpected weightage altough it was not that difficult except last question(instruments of capital markets) was out of study text.

2-Functional EnglishPaper was easy. vocab part was not tough at all.similarly grammar portion was not difficult also.essays and passage was interesting.

3-Quantative MethodsPaper was very easy and question were very interesting especialy Q.1-Q.4.

Waiting for other replies.

- noman - 03-11-2006

mod c here...

1.accounting..

the paper could be best described by word "weird"...it was lengthy and the theory questions were not topic specific....kind of difficult...most of ppl i met said that it was very very difficult.

2.tax

somewhat balanced paper...most of the questions were dug up from details within chapters...not many main topics were asked...but it was manageable..

3. BCBS

ppl thought it was difficult...but not too difficult for me..bcoz i had studied PBP...no question was out of PBP..but some weird questions were there...

i hope other ppl also respond

- brohijalal - 03-11-2006

<font face="Tahoma"></font id="Tahoma"><font size="6"></font id="size6"><font color="black"></font id="black">
AOA.WELL TALKING ABOUT MODULE-C,
ACC. THOUGH THE PAPER WAS DIFFICULT, BUT THERE WAS A CHANCE FOR ONE TO PASS THIS PAPER AS NOT ALL THE QUESTIONS WERE IMPOSSIBLE TO COMPREHEND. EXCEPT THAT QUESTION ON ERROR TREATMENT.BUT I MUST CONFESS, THIS PAPERS WAS RELATIVELTY THE TOUGHTEST PAPER OF ACC. IN MODULE C.

TAX. COMPARATIVELY EASY BUT I WOULD AGREE THAT SOME OF THE QUESTIONS WERE ASKED FROM VERY MINUTE THINGS.THOUGH THEY WERE DEFINITELY A PART OF I.T. ORDINANCE AND SALES TAX, YET YOU CAN'T EXPECT ONE TO REMEMBER THE WHOLE I.T. ORDINANCE AND SALES TAX ACT.

OB/BC. VERY EASY PAPER, EXCEPT THAT LAST QUESTION ON IMPACT OF WTO ETC ON PAKISTAN'S ECONOMY,WHILE ATTEMPTING IT , I WAS WONDERING WHETHER IAM TAKING ECONOMICS OR OB/BC PAPER.
NEVERTHLESS MAY ALLAH ALMIGHTY PASS ALL OF US IN OUR RESPECTIVE MODULES. AAMEEN.

- Mahtab - 03-11-2006

AOA

That's a Good Idea, I really appreciate it

and here are some request from me

May you Please for the benifit of others

First Write Examiner's Comments than

Question or briefing about Question than

your Examinee's comments

if you do so than I think your post have a complete view for the

readers of this forum who do not attempt or readthe Question paper

and Examiner's Commets

Regards

Mahtab

- Muhammad Adnan Arshad - 03-13-2006

General Comments-
As far as the "Paper<D12> COST ACCOUNTING (CAC)" is concerned, I think that it was a quite difficult-cum-easy paper, but was attemptable within 3 hours easily. By the way, ICAP has also started to set some difficult questions upto a certain marks level & then onwards-easy questions. Some KEY/CORE questions may or may not be there. As a whole, it was an un-expected one. In this paper, topics like "Accouning for Labour, Accounting for Overheads/FOHs, Process Costing-CPR (American Approach), Marginal & Absorption Costing Techniques, Budgeting" were absolutely ignored. Generally, "Costing for Decision-Making" was given an undue weightage.

Question-wise comments are as follows;
Q-1
(a) (Marks-6)
An easy question was set on the "Cost Classification"; Functional Classification of Costs (Manufacturing/Production Costs, Selling & Distribution Costs, Administration Costs.)
(b) (Marks-4)
A simple theoretical question on "Joint & By-Products & the differences b/w their cost accounting treatments" was set.

Q-2 (Marks-10)
A little bit tricky question on "Economic Order Quantity (EOQ)" was set. Most of the examinees were confused about the computation of costs at discount prices (Rs. 156.40/- etc), holding/carrying costs.

Q-3 (Marks-10)
An easy question on "Cost Bookkeeping & Control Accounts, Cost Cycle/Cost Flow" was set, having reasonable weightage of marks.

Q-4 (Marks-10)
A little bit tricky question on "Short-Term Decision Making; Make or Buy Decisions" was set. It was a bit technical question.

Q-5 (Marks-12)
A detailed & lengthy question on "Multi-Process Production System" (British Approach) was set, which also includes a treatment of by-product, which was extracted as a residue at the end of Process-3, having some scrap value. Less marks were allocated to such time-consuming question.

Q-6 (Marks-25)
This question on "Relevant Costing & Decision-Making with Limiting Factors/Acceptance of Alternatives" is considered to be the most difficult question of the paper. On one side, it was a difficult-cum-technical question, on the other hand it covers almost the 25% marks of the paper. The information was scattered, & more than one decision-options (e.g; discontinuation of a product, additional advertising costs etc) were included.

Q-7 (Marks-10)
A good question on "Breakeven/CVP Analysis", but it requireq technical calculations to compute fixed & variable costs portions for accurate cost estimations.

Q-8 (Marks-13)
One of the easiest questions on "Standard Costing & Basic Variance Analysis" was set. It required to compute the basic various "Materials Cost Variances"; price, usage, mix & yield (or blend) variances. Marks allocated were also reasonable.

«·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·»
«.......... A D N A N ...............»
«·´`·.(¸.·*(¸.·´ `·.¸)*·.¸).·´`·»
madnan_arshad@hotmail.com

- Famia - 03-14-2006

Assalamualikum,
this is my first time on forum.i will like to comment on module A exams.
paper of economics was not such a difficult paper.It needed only concentration.The portion of finance & micro dominated.MACRO was ignored but still it was fine.& Q.M also was a fine paper. it took exam of every part of course. course coverage was good.& actually student's knowledge was tested.the portion of Maths was a bit tricky as usual. the portion of stats was traditional i.e to concentrate on sampling, estimation & probability.ENGLISH was as fine as it should b.i think this type of paper making should continue so as to test the knowledge in mere three hours available. lastly i"ll pray to god to give the reward of the hard work to everyone. cheers

Famia

- zafar - 03-14-2006

AOA,

I would like to comment Module D Exam

D10 Paper was well prepared with a blend
of easy and difficult question.

D11 paper was a difficult question, 20
marks questions were out of syllabus.

D12 paper was an easy paper but a bit
lengthy.

Best Wishes for all.
Zafar

mmm

- Business_Maker - 03-14-2006

First of all i want to thank all of u on replying.
Secondly i dont know y i havent seen any comments from a student of mod.b?
and lastly i would request mr.mahtab to pls add examiner's comments on my post bcoz i dont know from where to get it.....and are they avaiable for spring 2006 examz?