Accountancy Forum
credits avaiable to ACCAs for qualifying ICAEW - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Accounting and Audit (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: credits avaiable to ACCAs for qualifying ICAEW (/showthread.php?tid=3179)

Pages: 1 2

credits avaiable to ACCAs for qualifying ICAEW - Mohsin - 04-23-2006

plz inform me about the exemptions available to ACCAs to become ACA of ICAEW.

- Pracs - 04-23-2006

Here is all the information you need

http//www.icaew.co.uk/index.cfm?route=125720

- chaser - 04-25-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Mohsin</i>
<br />plz inform me about the exemptions available to ACCAs to become ACA of ICAEW.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
dear friend,
there are loads of exemption available to acca in icaew depends on which paper you have passed as optional but you can't do icaew in pakistan caz the exam are only in london ,cyprus and malayasia and this f**king expensive just Rs 50000/- for exams and then Rs 25000/- per paper going to Rs 35000/- for some plus ticket and visa fee.
so just shut up and look for a good job unless your in england then start it from tomorrow .
plz don't mind the language
magar yaar insaan ko wohi kam keray jo us kay bas mein hoo.
icaew humaray jasay gharib logoon kay liyae nahin hai.

- hanifasif - 04-25-2006

but now icaew hum jaisay gharib logoon kay liyae hi hai. zara link to check kar lo bahi. its only the matter of time when you will become eligible to be ICAEW member.

- chaser - 04-26-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hanifasif</i>
<br />but now icaew hum jaisay gharib logoon kay liyae hi hai. zara link to check kar lo bahi. its only the matter of time when you will become eligible to be ICAEW member.

dear friend ,
i went to milton keynes office of ICAEW and spoke to the student affair department incharge lisa , u can't give exams anywhere else then four place in the world plus they were not welcomed by icap and big 4 of pakistan last month on thier visit so no company is providing training for ICAEW, second its expensive.
third in pakistan every student is doing one course after another which pisses me off , how many courses you want to do ACCA, ICAP ,CIMA and now ICAEW after completing one course start training and make your way up in pratical field by the time when other will be compeleting these courses u will be better paid.
in england the partners of BIg4 are either ACCA or ICAEW only one qualification.
they really ****ing laugh at people in our countries and say that its chartered accountancy at the end no matter which from which professional body u do its same( jack of all master of none.lol)
plus annually you have to pay approximately RS 30000/- in membership fee otherwise its no use of passing the exams unless ur active member of the body.
plus ICAP is equal in value to ICAEW there is no difference.
you Icapian get more exemption from ICAEW then anyother professional body in the world and Icapians are seconf to none.
plus ICAEW pass you in the same way as icap do so there is no achievement if you get the exemption but you cant qualify.

i think you all understan.(DALDA GHEE KI PAIDAWAAR).lol

- wonk.xags - 04-26-2006

Yes Chaser you are right.
and I will also advise u to do ACCA and lOok for Job. If u are desparate for CA then ICAP is the best. More over, if you are in England, they treat you equally - no matter ACCA or ICAEW!!!
You better to consume ur time on training opportunities. Just try to provide relief to your parents.

- abdul_accounts - 04-27-2006

i m a level student.
can any one tell me that would it be good idea to do acca from uk. if yes the which institution (ftc or bpp)
and if no then why?

- chaser - 04-27-2006

[quote]<i>Originally posted by abdul_accounts</i>
<br />i m a level student.
can any one tell me that would it be good idea to do acca from uk. if yes the which institution (ftc or bpp)
and if no then why?

dear friend,
its best that you should do your graduation first and cat on the sides ways before u start ACCA full scale and start the training too.
regarding coming to england its a good idea but there are hardships too and teaching wise LCA and FTC both are best except feroz in LCA who teaches accounting but knows nothing about it.
so its upto you which college you choose.

- wonk.xags - 04-28-2006

HI abdul
if u want to go England then u must be registered to ACCA (ACCA or CAT). Second, ur case for Visa purpose will be more stronger if u have done IELTS and passed some papers of ACCA or CAT. And LCA is best because Visa ratio is greater than FTC or BPP for this college. But if u reach there, then u have option to change the college. LCA teaching isnt so bad. But FTC and BPP are, i guess, more professional in their approach.

- ausmanpk2001 - 05-01-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by chaser</i>
<br />[quote]<i>Originally posted by abdul_accounts</i>
<br />i m a level student.
and if no then why?

dear friend,
its best that you should do your graduation first and cat on the sides ways before u start ACCA full scale and start the training too.
regarding coming to england its a good idea but there are hardships too and teaching wise LCA and FTC both are best except feroz in LCA who teaches accounting but knows nothing about it.
so its upto you which college you choose.

yeh kia mazaq hai, chaser. dont do this . lol . ACTUALLY ITS THE BEST THAT YOU SHOULD DO YOUR GRAduation first and cat on the sideways & cima on the sideways too & ICAEW too & not to forget actuary too. thats the best strategy. lol lol ha ha ha ha ha. whats this a joke??? april fool????

chaser tum na yeh kia mazaq banaya hua hai. First of all, one gets BSc Accounting during ACCA. so there's no need to do graduation & cat sideways. it will only be a frustration.

aik tu chaser tumari language hi itni shaandar hai, second you are advising fuss to people.......

- ausmanpk2001 - 05-01-2006

one gets exemptions from all strages except the advanced level which consists of 2 or 3 papers & a case study plus two years articleship at ICAEW authorised firm.

- chaser - 05-02-2006

b.sc (hons) ki koi value nahin zara colleges mein ja kay pochoo teachers say aur icaew ki exam , tuition aur exemption fee milay kay 500,000/- together.(for three month tuition at FTC 300,000)
aur saab say bari baat exam pakistan mein nahin hota tu eisa course kernay ka faida, aur kuch deer bad hum logoon nay itna ker leyna hai kay us ki value bhi ACCA jesi ho gi.lol

- chaser - 05-02-2006

baqi tum logoon nay agar parents ka paisa waste kerna hai tu ACCA kay baad ICAEW kero aur kero laykan ek baat yaad rakho kay life mein shortcut walay kabhi nahin tarraqi kertay.
ek kay baad dusra short cut loo.

but jis nay graduation na ki ho us ka hal salman taseer(KPMG) jaisa
hota hai jis ko election mein hissa lainay ki ijazzat nahin milliy kay us nay graduation nahin ki aur CA is just a course not equivalent to graduation.

so i think graduation is good and then only one course either ACCA, ICAP or ICAEW.

- Pracs - 05-03-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by chaser</i>
<br />baqi tum logoon nay agar parents ka paisa waste kerna hai tu ACCA kay baad ICAEW kero aur kero laykan ek baat yaad rakho kay life mein shortcut walay kabhi nahin tarraqi kertay.
ek kay baad dusra short cut loo.

but jis nay graduation na ki ho us ka hal salman taseer(KPMG) jaisa
hota hai jis ko election mein hissa lainay ki ijazzat nahin milliy kay us nay graduation nahin ki aur CA is just a course not equivalent to graduation.

so i think graduation is good and then only one course either ACCA, ICAP or ICAEW.

Pakistani CA is equivalent to Masters, refer HEC website

http//www.hec.gov.pk/htmls/meetings.htm

Item No. 12

Equivalence of Chartered Accountants Examination Certificate with a Master’s degree

The Committee having considered the entrance requirements, the rigor of course work, professional on job training, the breadth & width of curriculum, scheme of studies and the fact that the Universities in India recognize “Chartered Accountants Examination Certificate” as equivalent to M.Com degree. The Committee decided to

“recognize the Chartered Accountants Examination Certificate obtained from chartered professional institutions like Institute of Chartered Accountants, Pakistan or Institute of Cost & Management Accountants, Pakistan established under Act/Ordinance of the Government of Pakistan and authorized to confer professional qualifications like Chartered Accountants Examination Certificate(CA)/Institute of Cost & Management Accountants (ICMA) etc. in Pakistan as equivalent to Master’s degree for the purpose of employment and higher education provided that the Chartered Accountants Examination Certificate is obtained after 7 years of post-matric/’O’ level, 5 years post-intermediate/’A’ level or 3 years after Bachelor’s degree. This decision will apply equally to the holders of qualifications from Pakistan Institute of Cost & Management Accountants and the Institute of Chartered Accountants”.

The Committee further decided that

“in case Chartered Accountants Examination Certificate is held by a Pakistani national from a foreign professional body, the institute of Chartered Accountants, Pakistan and Institute of Cost & Management Accountants, Pakistan will be required to certify the status of qualifications before consideration of its equivalence by the Commission”.

- ausmanpk2001 - 05-09-2006

it is ncessary to get a training contract to become an ICAEW qualified. the firm you work for takes the responsibility of costs towards your study. so its just wrong that ICAEW is too costly.