Accountancy Forum
Few questions on CA after A Levels - Printable Version

+- Accountancy Forum (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum)
+-- Forum: The Profession (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Students (https://www.accountancy.com.pk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Few questions on CA after A Levels (/showthread.php?tid=3511)

Pages: 1 2

Few questions on CA after A Levels - Faham - 07-07-2006

Hi I Faham, I want to know all about CA, after A`Levels can I get admitted in CA course ? What is the duration of CA ? Is it better to get admitted in CA course after A`Levels or BBA ? What is the duration of CA after BBA or MBA ? Which is the best institute in Pakistan for CA ? Kindly please reply me I really need your help.

- Schuaeb - 07-07-2006

Hey Faham whats wrong! uou dont nees to say 'for God's sake'

CA is a six yeared rather 5.5 yeared program. There is not much change in its duration after BBA or MBA. So, what is recomended is one should directly start it after A levels.

The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan, ICAP, is the institue conducting it. Regarding coaching centers there are many. In Lahore PAC and SKANS are the most renowned ones. You may visit a coaching center and get info bout it.

Startin CA through ACCA route is onethin you should keep in mind.

Shoaib

- Mahtab - 07-07-2006

AOA
For other details please visit
www.icap.org.pk
Regards
Mahtab

- Schuaeb - 07-08-2006

So Mahtab it seems that you are advertising ICAP's web. I dont know how could be it much useful for a new student.

- derivativetrader - 07-08-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Schuaeb</i>
<br />So Mahtab it seems that you are advertising ICAP's web. I dont know how could be it much useful for a new student.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I think Mahtab's approach is alot better than asking questions on web-forums.

- Faham - 07-08-2006

thankyou vry much.......is PAC better or SKANS ?

- Schuaeb - 07-12-2006

How can ICAP's website be helpful for a student who want to join this profession?
Consulting a student or even the receptionist of coaching centre may prove a bit helpful, but I wonder how could ICAP's web or even ICAP's staff could be helpful?

- maani - 07-12-2006

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial" id="quote">quote<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Schuaeb</i>
<br />How can ICAP's website be helpful for a student who want to join this profession?
Consulting a student or even the receptionist of coaching centre may prove a bit helpful, but I wonder how could ICAP's web or even ICAP's staff could be helpful?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yes, atleast ICAP should have a bit more educated staff at their "desk", I alwayz find some peon type characters there, this really was not a small matter for me when I joined, but "ab tou adat si ho gai hai........"

- Pracs - 07-12-2006

maani, don't worry.. once you qualify you will have peons and afsars alike talking to you in the most 'customer friendly' manner and more !!

- maani - 07-12-2006

Pracs they are still very customer friendly(my personal experience),I was just talking about the "presentation" that a new "customer" got at his first glance...

- Schuaeb - 07-13-2006

Maani I guess you are talking about Karachi, situation is much worse in Lahore. ICAP House is just an examination centre here. It's quite quite probable that you would get some wrong info from there. The people there firstly do know much and then they are least bothered to listen to some student. I have, more than once, got wrong info from there. However, all is not worse. Do you think ICAP's website may be helpful to a new student?

- maani - 07-13-2006

Yup, ICAP website is not helpful for that new student who know nothing about this institute,
I am in Lahore and was talking about ICAP House Lahore, the frontdesk staff is friendly in a sense that they provide each n every thing that they have, it is the other matter that they know only a bit about the profession n its study,they really cannot guide a student, but I didn't have any problem while submitting examination forms, buying IAS or ISAs or any other text...

- Schuaeb - 07-14-2006

I agreed in my last post that thier are many things positive about it.
Maani you are in Lahore! I don't know what made me to beleive that you were in Karachi?

- maani - 07-14-2006

yup I am in Lahore...waisay wakai what made you to believe that I belong to Karachi?

- Schuaeb - 07-15-2006

Lolzz, no idea, shayed aandaza lagaya ho ga main nay, and i don't no kin grounds per base ker raha tha mera yeh andaza?